Boatronics.... To the rescue

Bought a new to me boat last year and have been battling electrical gremlins every since . I think Tony ended my problems today wish I had pics to post as it looks like a different boat. Thanks boatronics!

Replies

• BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,201 Admiral
    Thank you very much for the kind words Chris! It was fun hanging with you and Trent yesterday..... it gets lonely working by myself all the time! And I always take pics of my work, both for your referance and mine. Pretty dramatic pics I might add!

The console wiring before Boattronics
    P4240158.jpg

Console wiring after Boattronics
    P4240160.jpg

I have a bunch more before/after pics of the rest of the work we did if anyone wants to see them!

I think I did more work on that boat in one day then any electronics guy has ever done in history, lol! We replaced 75% of the connections on the boat! Removed the two batteries from the bilge area forward and installed them into the console, moved the battery switches into the console, and added a house battery, automatic charging relay, and third battery switch, improving wieght displacement on the boat and solving corrosion issues. We cleaned up all of the console wiring, replaced every connection aft of the boat and bilge area, installed a high powered backup bilge pump, cleaned up all the wiring aft.... the list goes on.
    If anyone wants to see any of the other pics, they are pretty dramatic too. No more electrical issues on that boat now! Thanks again, I cant wait to go grouper digging with you guys soon! Team Gettafterit is gonna SLAY more than ever now!
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • nitroskiffnitroskiff Posts: 1,623 Captain
    Nice looking work Tony....

I swear sometime this year after the tournys are over I need to get my boat over to you. Mine looks like the first pic under the console

I dont have any issues, everything works, but I know I am on borrowed time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Nitro Performance Bass Boats
  • Offshore32234Offshore32234 Posts: 223 Officer
    Tony just wanted to say thanks again and I wanna see more pics
    Thank you guys very much! Ill post a few more pics when I get a chance.....
    And John, I know times are tight, we need to get you over to the shop and Ill check your boat out qnd give you some instruction on how to do it yourself, easy peasy!
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • nitroskiffnitroskiff Posts: 1,623 Captain
    Thank you guys very much! Ill post a few more pics when I get a chance.....
    And John, I know times are tight, we need to get you over to the shop and Ill check your boat out qnd give you some instruction on how to do it yourself, easy peasy!

Yea...If I do it myself, ill go to crank the engine and the livewell will come on LMAO :) Maybe with very very close guidance from you I can pull it off:)

Ill bring all the beer you want
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Nitro Performance Bass Boats
  • knotenoughknotenough Posts: 936 Officer
    If I brought my boat to you, would the GPS get fixed faster? lol KIDDING I know that your busy working because there are more work posts than there are fishing posts! lol

Hopefully soon.
  • TEAM GetAFFtrITTEAM GetAFFtrIT Posts: 121 Officer
    Shes definately a different boat now. Feel a lot safer pulling all nighters. Post up some more pics when you get a free minute if you would. As usual I didn't take any before pics. Thanks again for working so late on her.
    Trent
    nitroskiff wrote: »
    Yea...If I do it myself, ill go to crank the engine and the livewell will come on LMAO :) Maybe with very very close guidance from you I can pull it off:)

Ill bring all the beer you want
    LMAO!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    knotenough wrote: »
    If I brought my boat to you, would the GPS get fixed faster? lol KIDDING I know that your busy working because there are more work posts than there are fishing posts! lol

Hopefully soon.
    Taking a quick brake now.......This week Ive logged more hours than I ever have before. Mon, 12 hours, tues,18hrs! weds, 16hrs. 12 yesterday and prolly another 12 today! Im overbooked but trying to satisfy everyone I can. I will never do this again! Im fatigued and afraid I may make a stupid mistake at this point. Just gotta finish the day! Thanks for your patience Steven, Ill hook ya up very soon!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    Shes definately a different boat now. Feel a lot safer pulling all nighters. Post up some more pics when you get a free minute if you would. As usual I didn't take any before pics. Thanks again for working so late on her.
    Trent
    Thank YOU again Trent, my pleasure! Ill try to post some more pics when I get back to the office tonight.
    Back to work I go!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
  • Anonymous3Anonymous3 Posts: 5,987 Officer
    Taking a quick brake now.......This week Ive logged more hours than I ever have before. Mon, 12 hours, tues,18hrs! weds, 16hrs. 12 yesterday and prolly another 12 today! Im overbooked but trying to satisfy everyone I can. I will never do this again! Im fatigued and afraid I may make a stupid mistake at this point. Just gotta finish the day! Thanks for your patience Steven, Ill hook ya up very soon!

Speaking of stupid mistakes due to being in a rush....... I didn t check the Hyd. hoses i picked up this a.m. And got to the point in the job to install the hoses. Well... 26'' hoses were actually 26' hoses and of course it was a way out mobile job. I should ve caught it by the price but I was runnin and gunnin trying to get things done so I still had time to re-spool my reels, ect... For my trip tomorrow. Needless to say, Steve wasn t overly pleased when I went in to C & H lures late and told him that I needed to fish tomorrow. He was super though and handled it for me.
    Oh, and thanks Brian for being so understanding and telling me to go get my reels spooled. I ve got the right hoses and will be there Sunday a.m. To finish up. I hope the weather holds for your overnighter on Monday.
    Wade I got to get you on our trailer as soon as the funds allow. Broke a grease fitting off in the hub and prolly need an overhaul on our axles too. Let's see them pics Tony
    Wade I got to get you on our trailer as soon as the funds allow. Broke a grease fitting off in the hub and prolly need an overhaul on our axles too. Let's see them pics Tony
    If you may need axles soon.... Call me asap as my supplyer is 3-4 weeks out on custom built axles, they are swamped too. If your trailer uses the standards.... I can have them next day but I need a couple numbers to know. Thanks , Wade 338-6172
  • fjohns67fjohns67 Posts: 359 Officer
    I use to work at a marina and refused to repair boats that looked like the first picture. When they get to that point it's better to rip it all out and start over. Nice job to who ever did the wiring
    Tony at Boattronics did the work and he basically did just rip it all out and replace it all.
    Speaking of stupid mistakes due to being in a rush....... I didn t check the Hyd. hoses i picked up this a.m. And got to the point in the job to install the hoses. Well... 26'' hoses were actually 26' hoses and of course it was a way out mobile job. I should ve caught it by the price but I was runnin and gunnin trying to get things done so I still had time to re-spool my reels, ect... For my trip tomorrow. Needless to say, Steve wasn t overly pleased when I went in to C & H lures late and told him that I needed to fish tomorrow. He was super though and handled it for me.

Luckily I made it through my craziest week ever with no issues! Got some r&r this weekend.... charged up and ready to go again!

Heres a few more....
    This is what the bilge looked like before Boattronics-
    P4240156.jpg

And after!-
    P4240166.jpg

No more bilge water spaching the batteries causing premature corrosion! Also helped wieght distribution.

Here is the aft compartment before-
    P4240153.jpg

And after moving the battery switches forward into the console.
    P4240167.jpg

Here are the battery switches, including the new house switch, and the ACR (automatic charging relay)
    P4240162.jpg

Now all the accesories, pumps and electronics are completely islolated from the engines. He can crank up without cutting the electronics, and can run all the pumps, stereo, etc all he wants, with full confidence his two cranking batteries are always charged 100%!
    fjohns67 wrote: »
    I use to work at a marina and refused to repair boats that looked like the first picture. When they get to that point it's better to rip it all out and start over. Nice job to who ever did the wiring

I hear ya.... but Ive specailized in this type of work for so long, they dont phase me for a second. If I didnt work on boats like this, I would be out of a job! Its funny, folks tell me all the time, "I bet ya never seen one this bad!" Ive completely rewired many boats that completely sunk, got hit by lightning, or caught on fire... Ive seen it all, and its just another day on the job. The fact is, MOST boats out there have all kinds of bad wiring on board. Even if the boat starts out great, after it goes through a few owners, several differant guys working on the boat, etc, the wiring usually finds its self in a mess. But we can make quick work out of getting it all back in shape! 90% of jobs are usually salvagable, But sometimes, like when the vessel has sunk, we do just rip it all out. But with my trusty meter, I can quickly trouble shoot all the differant switches, breakers, wiring etc. and know for sure exactly what has to be replaced and what doesnt. In Trent/Chris' case, the wiring was mostly good. Several of his switches and breakers are going bad, but I showed him how to do that, so they will save some money and learn a bit more about the boat.
    Anyway, I really like these type of before/after shots cause they look so dramatic. Ive got all sorts of pics like these from just about every boat out there, so if any of you ever want to see something in particular, chances are I have cool pics of it, just let me know.
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
  • Offshore32234Offshore32234 Posts: 223 Officer
    Thanks for putting the pics up . Let me know when ur ready to beat ur blackbelly record, can't promise u can get em turned but you'll get ur shots!
    I CANT WAIT!!!! Heres my best so far-
    100_1749.jpg
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270