Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Wiggins Back Bay 4\25

Headed out into Wiggins Bay today with fellow member DaveO on Yaks , had a great time in the 4 hrs we were out there . The tide was going out in the morning and turned around at around 10 am . All fish were caught on arti's , enjoy the pics tight lines guys ,,, ohh and thanks Fishguts for letting us use the 10' yaks for the morning

Replies

  • BCPhantom01BCPhantom01 Posts: 45 Deckhand
  • marleydogmarleydog Posts: 58 Deckhand
  • billnbilln Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    I fish Wiggins Bay all the time.
    Were you on the East side?
    I fish the oyster bar that runs North/South.
    DOA Glow Shad tail kills.
    Have had great action on Trout.
    Have not done well on Reds.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    nice!
    God, save the South!
  • dave odave o Posts: 3 Greenhorn
  • JSTickumJSTickum Posts: 412 Deckhand
    billn wrote: »
    I fish Wiggins Bay all the time.
    Were you on the East side?
    I fish the oyster bar that runs North/South.
    DOA Glow Shad tail kills.
    Have had great action on Trout.
    Have not done well on Reds.
    Try switchin baits , I never catch anything on DOA , and I always catch a Red in and around Wiggins , if the water is clear and green move to dirty water , also they are shallow , hope this helps
  • JSTickumJSTickum Posts: 412 Deckhand
    dave o wrote: »
    Good times!!!
    Yeah buddy , do it again this week
  • billnbilln Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Switch to what.
    I was out yesterday with another angler, who was using Gulp Alive.
    He did not fair as well as I did using DOA.
  • NaplesYaksterNaplesYakster Posts: 91 Deckhand
    JSTickum wrote: »
    Headed out into Wiggins Bay today with fellow member DaveO on Yaks , had a great time in the 4 hrs we were out there . The tide was going out in the morning and turned around at around 10 am . All fish were caught on arti's , enjoy the pics tight lines guys ,,, ohh and thanks Fishguts for letting us use the 10' yaks for the morning

    How did you know where to cast? Did you see them tailing first? Or did you guys just try casting in various spots?
    I've been all over clam pass..Rookery Bay...Capri the last 2 weeks casting up and down the mangrove thickets with no luck.
    Pickings have been slim lately.
    What lures? Thanks Dave
  • JSTickumJSTickum Posts: 412 Deckhand
    billn wrote: »
    Switch to what.
    I was out yesterday with another angler, who was using Gulp Alive.
    He did not fair as well as I did using DOA.
    I duno what is in your box so it is hard to tell you what to switch to , I also do not know your fishing style , this works well everywhere put a shrimp tail on it , ohh and check your PM (email)
  • JSTickumJSTickum Posts: 412 Deckhand
    How did you know where to cast? Did you see them tailing first? Or did you guys just try casting in various spots?
    I've been all over clam pass..Rookery Bay...Capri the last 2 weeks casting up and down the mangrove thickets with no luck.
    Pickings have been slim lately.
    What lures? Thanks Dave
    Hey Dave , it is all about the tide and the pressure of the area , other than that your doin g everything rite , send me a pm for other ?? got to many tips on here now
  • NaplesYaksterNaplesYakster Posts: 91 Deckhand
    JSTickum wrote: »
    Hey Dave , it is all about the tide and the pressure of the area , other than that your doin g everything rite , send me a pm for other ?? got to many tips on here now

    Thanks.
    Was casting a super fluke Zoom with a slow retrieve. I'm gonna try the doa popping shrimp over the weekend. Thanks for all your info.
  • tarponfly49tarponfly49 Posts: 336 Deckhand
    JSTickum wrote: »
    I duno what is in your box so it is hard to tell you what to switch to , I also do not know your fishing style , this works well everywhere put a shrimp tail on it , ohh and check your PM (email)
    I was throwing exactly that with BillN last weekend to no avail. Hmmmm....
Sign In or Register to comment.