Ping Cane Pole and others interested in the D800

There has been much reporting and speculation about the D800 approaching MF resolution and quality of image.

I think this comparison has been thrown around mostly by those who have never touches an MF camera.

Continuing, I think, intuitively, those of us who are a bit older and have actually used a MF camera had a (serious) idea about if the D800 could hold up.

The video presents an interesting if not comprehensive comparison with some interesting results.

The video is a little long so wait for it to down load in a separate window then step through some the "down time" parts, if you wish.
Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.

Replies

• electrodogelectrodog Posts: 141 Deckhand
    Thanks for posting the video. I am in the market for a d800 just wish they were in stock somewhere!
  • IdlewildeIdlewilde Posts: 1,357 Officer
    electrodog wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the video. I am in the market for a d800 just wish they were in stock somewhere!

Well, if you are serious that you want one you will have to get in line. And you better have a look at your computer as you will need a I7 quad 4 processor, 16g of ram, and a minimum 1tb hard drive, USB3 and a USB3 card reader. Why? Because the files this camera produces are so large that lessor computers struggle with downloads. It is a great camera built around completely new architecture, not an improvement over an existing model, and while you will love the camera and the images it produces, if your computer is not ready for it you will get bored waiting for your hugh images to download. :wink