Hog Quota Results

down4dacountdown4dacount Posts: 2,597 Captain
Results are out , our group got Kicco , 3 different weekends . We gonna slaye some pigs :machinegun
ShotKam Pro Staff
Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me
Check out my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Down4dacount1?feature=mhee
[IMG][/img]

Replies

• ReaperReaper Posts: 486 Officer
    Triple N Ranch
    tumblr_lesrrtx1Hc1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,259 Officer
    Fort Drum :dance
  • Nips049Nips049 Posts: 348 Deckhand
    southern glades!!!:crossed
  • GlennGlenn Citrus County, FLPosts: 1,700 Captain
    Got Joe Budd Still hunt!
  • wilburzwilburz Posts: 966 Officer
    GrillaG wrote: »
    Fort Drum :dance

me too! what weekend? I got 10/19 -10/21.

Happiness is a belt fed weapon!

• flats1flats1 Posts: 114 Officer
    Glenn wrote: »
    Got Joe Budd Still hunt!

Got Joe Budd first dog hunt and upper hills dog hunt. Glenn have you ever hog hunted joe budd is there a good amount of hogs?
  • GlennGlenn Citrus County, FLPosts: 1,700 Captain
    flats1 wrote: »
    Got Joe Budd first dog hunt and upper hills dog hunt. Glenn have you ever hog hunted Joe budd is there a good amount of hogs?

I hunt Joe Budd every year for deer and there used to be a bunch of hogs. This year I didn't see any fresh sign but I imagine they are gonna be down in the Creek bottom by the lake or Rocky Comfort Creek. You can only hunt Zone G for the hogs and that is the creek that runs through the middle of it.
  • flats1flats1 Posts: 114 Officer
    Thanks, I'm just trying to decide if its gonna be worth the drive from SW FL Probably not with gas 4 dollars a gallon.
  • darkwing duckdarkwing duck Posts: 44 Deckhand
    fish eating creek for us.and triple n.
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,259 Officer
    wilburz wrote: »
    10/5-10/7 gonna have to get together and do some scouting, slay some lil pigees
  • shempshemp Posts: 568 Officer
    GS West :)
  • DJWDJW Posts: 532 Officer
    My group got Triple N Feb 1-3. This is our first time hunting there so we plan on hunting the creeks. Does that sound like the right plan?

Also, we have never hunted a quota hunt. So there will be 50 guys out there, is there some way to let other hunters know where your tree stand is set up? I don't want to walk in on someone and I don't want anyone walking in on me.

Thanks - any help is appreciated.
  • wilburzwilburz Posts: 966 Officer
    DJW wrote: »
    My group got Triple N Feb 1-3. This is our first time hunting there so we plan on hunting the creeks. Does that sound like the right plan?

Also, we have never hunted a quota hunt. So there will be 50 guys out there, is there some way to let other hunters know where your tree stand is set up? I don't want to walk in on someone and I don't want anyone walking in on me.

Thanks - any help is appreciated.

been there twice for hog quotas. i would not worry about tree stand placement. We just kicked the brush and creek beds. My opinion of the place is that the hogs there are sparse at best. you will enjoy the scenery though. Plenty of other critters to see.

Happiness is a belt fed weapon!

• DJWDJW Posts: 532 Officer
    Sorry, I'm new to this... are you saying to just walk up and down the creeks and hope to jump some? Is the place big enough that 50 guys with guns can wander around looking for something to shoot without shooting each other?

Thanks.
  • BatemasterBatemaster Posts: 1,701 Captain
    DJW wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm new to this... are you saying to just walk up and down the creeks and hope to jump some? Is the place big enough that 50 guys with guns can wander around looking for something to shoot without shooting each other?

Thanks.

Yes. Check the WMA map and then look it over with Google Earth more than big enough for 50 people.
  • AndrewlonghiAndrewlonghi Posts: 286 Deckhand
    Lake panasoffkee hog hunt with dogs....I just don't have any dogs
    Team public land
  • DUCKWHACKERDUCKWHACKER Posts: 333 Deckhand
    We don't run hog dogs but still score during dog hunts. Plan on doing it again in January. :dance
  • reel_buzzreel_buzz Posts: 81 Deckhand
    flats1 wrote: »
    Got Joe Budd first dog hunt and upper hills dog hunt. Glenn have you ever hog hunted joe budd is there a good amount of hogs?

I got the first dog hunt as well. Had it the year before too. There is a good bit of hogs but after you catch a few they all seem to run to the private property. Gators are bad over there too. A guy I know got 2 of his eaten in there last year. So be careful.
  • acguyacguy Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Lake panasoffkee hog hunt with dogs....I just don't have any dogs

I got lake Panasoffkee 1-23-12 to 1-25-12 . I was told it's a good place to hunt.
  • Details1976Details1976 Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    I got the first run at Buck Lake. It will be my first time there. Has anyone hunted there who might be familiar with the area and if or if not there are a good number of pigs there?
  • theoneandonly248theoneandonly248 Posts: 258 Deckhand
    Buck Lake is not bad but it is just so thick.
  • Broward LawmanBroward Lawman Posts: 72 Deckhand
    My buddy and I got CREW-CORKSCREW MARSH UNIT. We've never hunted it, and I'm hopeful of finding something that isn't ridiculously strenuous, as my friend is recovering from throat cancer treatments. He has many months to get back into his old shape, but i suspect he will still have difficulty out there. Chemo and radiation are a bear...

Keeping taht in mind, anyone have any reccomendations on what we should look for/expect? While I would love to get a shot at one, just getting into an area that we *could* get a shot would make him feel *SO* much better...

BL
  • FloridaBoyFloridaBoy Posts: 284 Officer
    wilburz wrote: »

Me three, 12-14
    Anyone else get Prairie Lakes?
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Batemaster wrote: »
    Anyone else get Prairie Lakes?

I got the 11/30 to 12/02.
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
    Cyclist wrote: »
    I got the 11/30 to 12/02.

See you there! Would be nice to meet an FS celebrity! :beer
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Batemaster wrote: »
    See you there! Would be nice to meet an FS celebrity! :beer

I plan on camping and staying the entire weekend if the weather is nice. I will touch base in a few months.

I did some plant ecology work near Lake Jackson a month or so ago and ran into 4 large groups of pigs. The place appears loaded with them.
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • aerosmeaerosme Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    I won a Tosohatchee Wild Hog Dog hunt for February 8-10. But my brother and friend got Hilochee. I'd rather go with them. Why can't we trade quota permits anymore? What's the big FWC deal with no trades?
  • acguyacguy Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    aerosme wrote: »
    I won a Tosohatchee Wild Hog Dog hunt for February 8-10. But my brother and friend got Hilochee. I'd rather go with them. Why can't we trade quota permits anymore? What's the big FWC deal with no trades?

I think the new rule was made to keep people from using everyone they know to get more hunts. Some people would fill out apps for their friends and family and use their friends and family's hunts so they would end up with a bunch of hunts .