April 1st 75 miles

Ran out for opening grouper and got on the mangos something nice. See the 8#er. Had the ARS chummed up from 200'. Folks these bastards have doubled in size. It's almost like they know they get a free pass. Some sort of hope and change I guess.... $1000 in fuel, couple of fish, day on the water, priceless....Life is good.

Picture010.jpg
Picture008.jpgPicture003.jpg

Replies

• spb_anglerspb_angler Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    Wow those are some hawgs!
    -Reid
    Fishing Related Articles and "How To"s
    http://hubpages.com/profile/reidrichardson
  • flatsrunnaflatsrunna Posts: 524 Officer
    nice fish hefty gas bill lol but well worth it !
    Captain Anthony Leverett of Kingdom Business Charter's.
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,097 Moderator
    That mang is a goozer, what a beast.
  • sagorysagory Posts: 614 Officer
    Nice fish!
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    nice mang!
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • LilcthefishslayerLilcthefishslayer Posts: 611 Officer
    Nice goozer. Looks pretty calm out there!
  • sharkatak1089sharkatak1089 Posts: 6,407 Officer
    Nice fish.

What boat dat?
    I am choice.
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.
  • TwentyFourSevenTwentyFourSeven Posts: 93 Deckhand
    Sure was a good trip for the last one in the Yellowfin Sid, glad you could make it. To bad we did not make it to 450', I wanted to get there so bad but the anoying swells just did not allow it. Some of those Red Snappers on the surface were over 20 lbs. Its sad what our govt has done to our fishing regulations.
    SANY0201-1.jpg
  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,565 Captain
    What does ARS stand for or is that what they're called.
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • DogmanDogman Posts: 450 Deckhand
    What does ARS stand for or is that what they're called.

American Red Snapper
    2013 Native Watercraft Slayer 14.5 (Sand) - His
    2010 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100 (Mango) - Hers
    Sure was a good trip for the last one in the Yellowfin Sid, glad you could make it. To bad we did not make it to 450', I wanted to get there so bad but the anoying swells just did not allow it. Some of those Red Snappers on the surface were over 20 lbs. Its sad what our govt has done to our fishing regulations.

Are you saying goodbye to the Yellowfin, Lee? If so, you're always welcome to ride along in my canoe.
  • timbo615timbo615 Posts: 237 Officer
    Sorry didn't see some one already answered the question
  • jj lynnjj lynn Posts: 632 Officer
    Nice fish right there :thumbsup
    When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work, because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous
    by letting the American Government
    take care of him;
    better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford
  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,565 Captain
    I figured red snapper but wasn't sure of the A. How far out would you have to go to catch fish like that. Never done offshore only bays. I got a 23 ft ranger bay, can I go out there with that or no. New to this if you cant tell.
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,097 Moderator
    I figured red snapper but wasn't sure of the A. How far out would you have to go to catch fish like that. Never done offshore only bays. I got a 23 ft ranger bay, can I go out there with that or no. New to this if you cant tell.
    Pretty much where they were 75 mi., However you can certainly catch ARS Mangos and whatever else in 60, 90,etc. feet of water, which is a decent run offshore. Read this thread that was recently posted regarding offshore and your boat.
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?48374-Want-to-run-offshore-farther-question
  • ~~Mutt~~~~Mutt~~ Posts: 478 Deckhand
    Sure was a good trip for the last one in the Yellowfin
    Selling?? Thats what I did with the Triton.. Got a 246 BayReef from Brad.. Love it..