4500 Acre Hunting Club need members

We currently have several openings available for the 2012-2013 hunting season. I just picked up 1000 additional acres bordering the club and I'm breaking it up into 5 memberships. We have 4500 acres located in Calhoun County, Florida which has been managed for the past 17 years. Its approximately 30 minutes north of panama city. Our buck rules are as follows: 4pt's on one side with a progressive rule meaning your next buck has to be bigger than the last. I provide doe tags annually along with a membership to the Quality Deer Management Association. Each member gets 2 established food plots for Condo's and a designated hunting area in which you can place additional climbers, blinds, or ladder stands. It's a family oriented club with plenty of deer, dove, & turkeys. Contact Brandon for more info 850-896-3724

Replies

• HeadfirstHeadfirst Posts: 124 Officer
    What is the fee for a membership?
  • nwfl89nwfl89 Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    $1100 per year
  • HeadfirstHeadfirst Posts: 124 Officer
    Please send some more club specifics to [email protected]. Is camping available? Are there work days? Who sets stands, plants plots, all of that kinda stuff. I'm very interested.
  • fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,928 Captain
    Headfirst wrote: »
    Please send some more club specifics to [email protected]. Is camping available? Are there work days? Who sets stands, plants plots, all of that kinda stuff. I'm very interested.

In addition to Tim's questions, are guest allowed? Please email info to [email protected]. Thank you
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • AllenRAllenR Posts: 2,699 Captain
    How bad are the bears? I see flashing on the feeder pole.....
  • theoneandonly248theoneandonly248 Posts: 258 Deckhand
    What about turkeys and hogs?
    Theres bears but I don't have any problems with them. As long as you dont go to pouring corn piles out you won't either. We have more turkeys than we know what to do with most of the members could care less about turkey hunting and I'm one of them, but there are plenty of birds. I had a group of 40 on my powerline foodplot the last day of muzzleloader. There are a few hogs I attached a pic from this past week from one of my members cameras. Right now camping is not allowed on the property due to the land owners request. I'm getting up with one of them either today or tomorrow and I am going to discuss it with him, but worst case there is a campground within 10 miles of the club.
    255.jpg 95.3K
  • webhunterwebhunter Posts: 239 Deckhand
    How is the land hunted? Can members hunt anywhere on the 4500 acres or just there sections? Is there a pin board for hunting areas or do we only buy in to a subset of the 4500 acres??

thanks
    Everyone is responsible for there own area. I can help out with tractor work, but you get roughly 200 acres to hunt as you please except during turkey season the entire lease is open everyone just stays in contact with eachother.
  • ducknfishducknfish Posts: 3,821 Officer
    Since you mention 30 minutes N of PC I'm assuming it's in the west end of Calhoun co, somewhere near fountain?
    So members are open to all the 4500 Acres on the lease or just to a small portion of the lease are the rules? Is there a pin board or something on the lease for members to know where each one is on the lease during season?

Also how many members total are on the lease? thanks
  • TdillingerTdillinger Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    I just moved to Florida and I bow hunt. I would like to know more about this lease. Can you please send me some info?
  • TatSoulTatSoul Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    you get locked into the area they put you in.You basically get the scraps to help pay the bill untill someone in the club croaks so you can move into a better area.The long time veteran hunters in the club have there honey holes.
  • TdillingerTdillinger Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    TatSoul wrote: »
    you get locked into the area they put you in.You basically get the scraps to help pay the bill untill someone in the club croaks so you can move into a better area.The long time veteran hunters in the club have there honey holes.

4500 acres is a lot of land, how many members is what i was interseted in finding out. need more info to make a decission, make up of land, access etc. anyway any info would be appreciated. Also if anyone knows of any other leases let me know, i live in Vero Beach.
    Yea that what I am afraid of there new members getting the spots older members don't want there.. Looking for a club where if I put in $1000 and another member puts in $1000 we all equal on the lease and the lease is open to all members first come first serve hunting spots via a pin board or some other tracking mechanism for members...
    TatSoul wrote: »

Your an idiot deer don't stay in one little area they move around the entire lease. The land I'm leasing right now borders my 12 acre foodplot that gets planted year around with corn soybeans cowpeas along with about anything else you've ever thought of planting. Don't knock someone else's stuff because you want to run yours another way you must really need members why don't you get some friends brother. You run a 4500 club since 1994 then come talk to me. We have over 25 acres of foodplots and roughly 40 feeders that run year around with corn soybeans and protein pellets you don't know a thing about what we have going.
    Tdillinger wrote: »
    4500 acres is a lot of land, how many members is what i was interseted in finding out. need more info to make a decission, make up of land, access etc. anyway any info would be appreciated. Also if anyone knows of any other leases let me know, i live in Vero Beach.

We have 20 members, and we have 5 creeks running through the property which act as funnels. We call them deer highways because there is about 100 yards either side of the creeks that the bucks run up and down all over the lease from foodplot to foodplot feeder to feeder. If you pm me your email I can send you a copy of our rules for the upcoming season. We actually have a big enough lease (unlike some other folks on here) to hold deer year around that the other leases will around us will never see. Let me know if you need any other information.
  • TatSoulTatSoul Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    nwfl89 wrote: »
    Your an idiot deer don't stay in one little area they move around the entire lease. The land I'm leasing right now borders my 12 acre foodplot that gets planted year around with corn soybeans cowpeas along with about anything else you've ever thought of planting. Don't knock someone else's stuff because you want to run yours another way you must really need members why don't you get some friends brother. You run a 4500 club since 1994 then come talk to me. We have over 25 acres of foodplots and roughly 40 feeders that run year around with corn soybeans and protein pellets you don't know a thing about what we have going.

LOL sell that crap to the tourist.You seem a little wee bit sensitive as if someone has hit a weak spot.There is no way you can tell me that some areas are not better than others and that fact YOU ADMITTED THAT YOUR 12 ACRE FOOD PLOT borders this one is telling me you have half of the planted plot on this lease?I know for a fact clubs like yours swindle members money to bay the bills so long time presidents can hunt the leases for free.Im sure you have full disclosure on your lease and let everyone know how many acres to members and who is paying what.And im also 100 percent positive that all your 20 members have exactly 225 acres that they get to hunt but pay the same cost as everyone else.Was in a club like this before and found out the senior members werent paying a dime to hunt the prime locations,And we all know every tract of property has them while the paying members were hunting wastelands where the deer only came out at night.
    As far as your theory of your lease holding the deer exclusively to you property....I thought deer moved around?
    Deer do move around but if you know anything about whitetail deer you would know they have home ranges as little as 500 acres and as large as 2500 acres depending on age and really just the deers curiosity when they are not rutting. The 25 acres of food plots I was refering to was what was planted this past winter lease wide. I only planted about 6 of my 12 acres there was roughly 2 that was grown up in native grasses and 4 that I left unplanted to have somewhere to plant some peas next month while my 6 acres of clover is growing and seeding out. I jumped on your case because you came into my thread knocking it every chance you got and btw every member on my club pays there dues and every area on my lease has the potential to be just as good as any other. Your the type of guy that gets on a lease for a couple of years and sees the long time members killing all the good bucks and goes to whining about how his area is no good. I've went through several of your type, but what you people don't realize is if you work hard enough plant and feed year around your area would be just as good. You can't just jump on a lease and expect to start slaying deer you have to get them accustomed to coming to your area and raise some deer up doing just that.