Home Sportsman's Kitchen

Cuban Pork Roast

I FA DATI FA DAT Posts: 553 Officer
Well my camera took a dive after hunting season so I haven't been recording my catches or dinners. My cell phone doesn't really take good pics so I'd thought I'd try the go pro on the still setting. I was a little hard without a view finder or flash but I took a few of a lazy Sunday meal.

First I went out an cut the Collard greens left over from the winter garden.

Collards-1.jpg

Water, ham hocks, bacon, 1/2 an onion, 3 tablespoons bacon grease, salt, pepper vinegar, cut collards cook till ready.

The day before I bought a 6 lb boston butt and trimmed the fat cap off. Then I put it in a ziplock gallon bag with a whole bottle of Winn Dixie Mojo. Marinated for 24 hours.

Preheated the oven at 450 and cooked for 10 minutes then turned down to 325. Cook 30 minutes per pound.

butt.jpg

Besides Collards I made some yellow rice. Thanks Vigo. and black bean's from Bush's. :grin

Tried going out side for better light but not much better.

Plate-6.jpg

Sorry about the funky pics. Going camera shopping.

Replies

• rbricklerbrickle Posts: 239 Officer
    You Da Man Trey. Great lookig chow.....
  • AbelmanAbelman Posts: 1,853 Captain
    Nice Job Trey!
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem" Ronald Reagan 1985
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,211 AG
    Look great, although we have given up on Collards and are now doing Turnip and Kale greens instead. Much more tender and tasty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • heathenheathen Posts: 7,080 Officer
    i'm growing partial to turnip greens and mustard greens cooked together.
  • Key LimeKey Lime Posts: 360 Officer
    What's the Clorox for? :huh, JK, that looks like an awesome meal. If you're looking for an inexpensive EZ to use camera, check out the Kodak Playsport. I just got one, it's nothing fancy, but does stills, video, water resistant, and super EZ to transfer files, all the software's built in. I like our other cameras for certain jobs, but the little Kodak is so simple, we take it everywhere.
  • I FA DATI FA DAT Posts: 553 Officer
    Thanks guys! I too prefer Mustards and Turnips but the Hardware stores near me only carry Georgia Collards. I could try seeds but the cheater plants are so easy. :grin
    Thanks for the camera recommendation Key Lime I'll check it out. I like the water proof part.:thumbsup