Home Sportsman's Kitchen

Fillet of red snapper en papillote.

I was cleaning the room today and I came across a recipe the I loved making when I was in culinary school, so I decide to share it with you guys...

Ingredients: Amount:
Red snapper fillets. 10 each(about 6 oz)
Butter. 6 oz
Salt. 1 tsp
Black pepper, freshly ground. 1/2 tsp
Fish velouté. 5 1/2 fl oz
Shallots, minced. 2 1/2 oz
Scallions, thinly sliced on a bias. 5 oz
Dry white wine. 5 1/2 fl oz
White mushrooms, thinly sliced. 5 oz
Procedure;

Cut 10 pieces of parchment into heart shapes large enough to enclose the fillets. Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the butter. Season the fillets with the salt and pepper and sear briefly on the presentation side only, remove the fish from the pan. Place 1/2 fluid ounce of the velouté on one side of each parchment heart, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of shallots and 2 teaspoons of sliced scallions on the velouté. Place fillet, skin side down, on the parchment heart. Shingle the sliced mushrooms on the snapper. Drizzle win 1/2 fluid ounce of the white wine. Fold the paper over and seal the sides tightly. Place each bag on a preheated, buttered sizzler platter. Gently shake it to prevent burning. In a 450*F oven, bake papillotes for 8 to 10 minutes. The finished papillotes should be puffy and brown... I hope I can fine some pictures, so I can post them. :cool
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My second (wife):grin... My 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle 454 SS (LS6).