Home General Freshwater Fishing

Some big night time bass 3/18

So I was hesitant on making this post because I am ashamed of the pictures, lol. I hate making posts with no pictures and these pics are almost worth nothing. However this was perhaps my catch yet in freshwater. I hit a pond over here in Brandon near my apartment last night and the bite was on. I found a new pond over here with dinosaur sized shiners in it which I was stoked about. I got about a dozen baits from 8-11" and I was on my way.*

*I got to the lake right at twilight and the first bait didn't last but a minute. I pulled in a solid 4lb fish. The next hour or so was more of the same, fish in the 3-4lb range. At about 9pm the big fish came out to play. I got a fish that was about 6 lbs. He exploded on a huge shiner, I love it....

So after a couple more 3lbers my last and biggest shiner goes down HARD and I set the hook on what feels like the bottom. My drag starts singing and the hook pulls. I immediately cast the bait back out and the float goes under the same way but this time he is not getting away. After a hard fight I get in this toad. This is the worst pic of all time. I didn't get a weight but I had my handy FWC measuring tape and she was a hair over 26" and 16.5" around. Like I said this pic is terrible. It was so dark and I was shaking so badly from excitement. I put in the dimensions on a few of the weight calculators and they are giving me about 10.9lbs.*
photo-55.jpg
*Well sorry about the pics guys. I just didn't want to say I caught a lunker and have zero evidence, lol. I wish I could have gotten a legitimate pic, this thing was as long as my arm. Fat, but not too fat like those freaky California fish. It was an epic way to end the night.
Catch 'em and Release 'em!
http://tampaurbanangler.blogspot.com/

Replies