Snook Tues. Redfish Thurs, nice tail shot.

We went out on Tuesday to a spot in Pasco County Backwater and it was Snook that were hitting our lures, (no complaints there). Today we went to the same spot and we couldn't find them, it seemed like the red's wanted their fair share. I caught my first on a yellow back sixwave lure, then Chris caught a hefty red on a Gulp with jighead. Storm came in and we anchored close to the mangroves to get shelter. Even though the tide was screaming out, the wind was so strong that it was blowing us against the tide. Being in a canoe and nothing we could do (poet and didn't know it)..as soon as the rain stopped it was calm as can be, and we drifted back to our original position. That's when I got the picture attached Awesome day again, and I wish I have taken pictures of the reds that we had caught previously, but it was one of those days when you really think your going to do so much better and there will be more opportunities. The tail shot was worth it though..

redtail.jpg

Glenn

Thanks..
Just 'cause the sun don't shine, doesn't mean you can't go fishin'..
http://www.sixwavelures.com
100% Handcrafted Wooden Lures & Jig Heads

Replies

• flaswimbaiterflaswimbaiter Posts: 123 Officer
    Sweet photo.
  • sharkatak1089sharkatak1089 Posts: 6,407 Officer
    How'd you get that close?!
    I am choice.
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 34 Deckhand
    How'd you get that close?!

That's what I was wondering...it's gotta be zoomed in
    Website/Project Manager
    TheOnlineFisherman.com
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,037 Captain
    sounds like a couple nice days in the canoe
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,636 Captain
    Great shot :beer
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • Snook ManSnook Man Posts: 207 Officer
    Awesome picture
  • spanishsardinespanishsardine Posts: 59 Deckhand
    Great pic!!!
  • MoondawgMoondawg Posts: 214 Officer
    Thanks guys, it's been a hectic few days, so I apologize for my lack of response! Yes, we were close, very close. But we never approached the red by any kind of means of thrust, we were anchored in our canoe in a fairly decent storm as the wind was pushing us up against the current in a nice backwater area (unspoiled). As the storm passed and stopped pretty much immediately like a lot of our summer storms, we drifted back slowly to our original position to see this nice red tailing to my left. That's when I grabbed my camera from my bag (quietly) and took the shot. I took a couple, but that was by far the best, I appreciate your feedback and I'm sure I will never get that opportunity again but it sure was neat to see. I used to have a picture of a grey heron fishing on the front page of my website that I also took, that had to go as the tail shot blew it out of the water. Thanks..
    Just 'cause the sun don't shine, doesn't mean you can't go fishin'..
    http://www.sixwavelures.com
    100% Handcrafted Wooden Lures & Jig Heads