Home Sportsman's Kitchen

Consolidation of Sportsman's Kitchen

FlashFlash Posts: 11,211 AG
At this point and after numerous requests, I will be consolidating the Kitchen into just two Sections. "In the Garden" and "Equipment and Techniques" will be moved into the Sportsman's Kitchen. Sportsman's Kitchen and Recipes will stand on their own. Members can place Recipes in either section and depending on feedback, I will either eventually move them to the proper section in Recipes or COPY them to the Recipe Section. Up to you guys.
This will not delete the Home Page obviously, but alteast is a step in the right direction.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Replies

• doghouse1122doghouse1122 Posts: 100 Greenhorn
  • charlie tunacharlie tuna Posts: 730 Officer
    I am not complaining, but i think this will promote more posts. Since the change, i rarely go to "all" the recipe sections, only the "sportsman kitchen" section. There just isn't enough posts under any of the "recipe sections" and this has increased people posting questions about recipes in other unrealated sections. Thanks Flash.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,211 AG
    I am not complaining, but i think this will promote more posts. Since the change, i rarely go to "all" the recipe sections, only the "sportsman kitchen" section. There just isn't enough posts under any of the "recipe sections" and this has increased people posting questions about recipes in other unrealated sections. Thanks Flash.

Charlie, I always just figured the Recipe section to be there like a "cook book" would be. :shrug
    If a member is looking for something new or specific, that is where you would go to get some ideas. Nothing more, nothing less. I have no issue with recipe post in OT, but once they fall of the front page, I will probably move them to the Kitchen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • AbelmanAbelman Posts: 1,853 Captain
    Some Good news finally!

Flash, who is the one that determines the content on the home page?
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem" Ronald Reagan 1985
    Abelman wrote: »
    Some Good news finally!

I really have no idea. Possibly FSDavid or Blair?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ruskinredneckruskinredneck Posts: 1,121 Officer
    Step in the right direction fo' sho'.
  • BColleyBColley Posts: 419 Deckhand
    Way to go!
    JBC

Chaos Tarpon Bay
    Ocean Master 31
  • T TopT Top Posts: 3,706 Captain
    Flash great first step!

Is there a way to put a new post, or most recent post, notification back on the forum home page?
    Abelman wrote: »
    Some Good news finally!

Yes, David Conway does most of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

T Top wrote: »
    Flash great first step!

Is there a way to put a new post, or most recent post, notification back on the forum home page?

This is a major issue and will be addressed at some point. Right now they are working on restoring achieves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    Thanks for the new kitchen, I have been away for a while cuz I felt it was broken up..

Thanks again.