Home Humminbird

Software update.

I received an email referencing an update available for my 998cSI . When I went to my equipment page on Humminbird.com as directed, the update was not listed as being availble.

What's up with that?
"If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse

Replies

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    I just got the email on it today. It shows up in my download list. ? Certainly has some much needed features.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    I didn't get an email...
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    I checked it again. They just added it.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Did you register it on their site?

I checked it again. They just added it. 

Well, the one for my 987 turns out to be still dated 2010 and v 4.77. My other browser I downloaded it with didn't show me data or version and neither does the email update.
    What version number did you see for the new one?
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    It says realease date 03/01/2012. The file is:
    1992d7f33db740a5b03d50f031e454f8.bin
    Whatever that means. There is no metadata attached.

I sent 'em an email. I'm already on 4.77. I really like a couple of those features like the closest waypoints. I was scrolling all over screen Friday finding how long it would take to drift to certain marks.
    Did you see the picture of the 360 image? WOW.. I don't really like the idea of the transducer deployment on an offshore boat but that would be bad *** in the gulf.
    Its cool,but not $2000 cool. And you need to be stopped to use it.

Well, looks like i'm screwed. I guess I'll be looking at Lowrance or something for the WorldCat.
    " Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products.

The latest software for the 987 is 4.770 there has not been a software update on this model.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. "
    Before you move to another brand contact their customer support. If you unit is discontinued or beyond repair,they will (or did) offer an upgrade at a reduced cost. That is why I am a captive consumer since 1998.

I installed the update. I didn't notice any change in features or performance.

You don't at least get the distance to the nearest waypoints? I really would like that.

I'll give them a call about the upgrade but I don't intend to move the 987c from the Regulator to the WorldCat (if that's what I buy). I'll be buying new. I seriously considered getting an all one brand best of breed of GPS/RADAR with a CHIRP transducer for deep water and then a Humminbird for side imaging.
  • robertdoxonrobertdoxon sparksPosts: 1 Greenhorn

Most of the common hazards that can lead to data loss or corruption are always present. Even if your facility is well protected against theft, voltage surges and water or fire damage, there are still many other threats, which are largely outside of your control: device failure, viruses, malicious attacks, volume and directory glitches, transfer corruption, and human error.