Software update.

I received an email referencing an update available for my 998cSI . When I went to my equipment page on Humminbird.com as directed, the update was not listed as being availble.

What's up with that?
"If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse

Replies

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    I just got the email on it today. It shows up in my download list. ? Certainly has some much needed features.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    I didn't get an email...
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    I checked it again. They just added it.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Did you register it on their site?

I checked it again. They just added it. 

Well, the one for my 987 turns out to be still dated 2010 and v 4.77. My other browser I downloaded it with didn't show me data or version and neither does the email update.
    What version number did you see for the new one?
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    It says realease date 03/01/2012. The file is:
    1992d7f33db740a5b03d50f031e454f8.bin
    Whatever that means. There is no metadata attached.

I sent 'em an email. I'm already on 4.77. I really like a couple of those features like the closest waypoints. I was scrolling all over screen Friday finding how long it would take to drift to certain marks.
    Did you see the picture of the 360 image? WOW.. I don't really like the idea of the transducer deployment on an offshore boat but that would be bad *** in the gulf.
    Its cool,but not $2000 cool. And you need to be stopped to use it.

Well, looks like i'm screwed. I guess I'll be looking at Lowrance or something for the WorldCat.
    " Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products.

The latest software for the 987 is 4.770 there has not been a software update on this model.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. "
    Before you move to another brand contact their customer support. If you unit is discontinued or beyond repair,they will (or did) offer an upgrade at a reduced cost. That is why I am a captive consumer since 1998.

I installed the update. I didn't notice any change in features or performance.

You don't at least get the distance to the nearest waypoints? I really would like that.

I'll give them a call about the upgrade but I don't intend to move the 987c from the Regulator to the WorldCat (if that's what I buy). I'll be buying new. I seriously considered getting an all one brand best of breed of GPS/RADAR with a CHIRP transducer for deep water and then a Humminbird for side imaging.