Home General Freshwater Fishing

Replies

• johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,412 Admiral
    unless they come out of a spring fed water source, bass really aren't that good..I prefer to eat specs,shellcracker and catfish out of freshwater.
  • wfoldswfolds Posts: 43 Deckhand
    I agree completely. That is why I usually fish Lake Placid for Bass and prefer the ones that are between 14-16".
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    x's 2
    johnD wrote: »
    unless they come out of a spring fed water source, bass really aren't that good..I prefer to eat specs,shellcracker and catfish out of freshwater.

with the run off here in Florida one never knows what's actually in the h20 you catch seemingly health fish out of.... my .02
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,961 Captain
    You guys honestly think saltwater is cleaner than fresh? Just about every body of fresh water leads to the ocean eventually. Even if you don't like to eat bass, keep one for a mount or something. I personally don't find them all that bad of a fish to eat. The meat has a good texture and they aren't overly gamey. I am going to start keeping one or two for dinner myself.
  • seachasseachas Posts: 66 Deckhand
    i keep every one of them,,,i eat em all
  • FrisbeeFrisbee Posts: 2,315 Officer
    I'll eat bass all day long, but if given a choice I would eat crappie or stripers from the same waters. Bass have a little after taste that makes me think of bitter greens. I don't eat catfish. Could have had all I ever wanted and did....because I wouldn't ever want any. I'd pull a trotline just to give em to friends that actually liked it.