Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

In the Market

Looking for a used sit on top kayak that is set up up for fishing. I'll be in the area late next week and looking to get out to do some fishing in areas besides being on the crystal river (thats where I've been renting one). Getting a little bored with the ladyfish and catfish. If anyone is aware of someone looking to sell one please let me know.

On another topic has anyone fished Lake Henderson in Inverness? Are the bass on the beds this time of the year? Any advise would be helpful. I've managed to get into some smaller size bass(<2# lb.) and crappies(specks).

Thnaks and tight lines
Tight lines!:fishing

Replies

• ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,536 Captain
    Are you looking to buy or borrow? I have a meriwether 12' and a pelican 116. Both are set up to fish but are not for sale. I can let you use one (or both) while you are in the area.
  • SouldeepSouldeep Posts: 269 Officer
    I have been looking for a good deal on a used one (or two) for a long time. Craigslist (use searchtempest) is your best bet but lately I'm thinking new might be the way to go.

I sit on my boat at Pete's Pier and watch the yakers catch fish all day. Reds, black drum, snook, sheeps, snapper, etc. Are you fishing mid river or the bay? I think most of the action is up in the bay where the water is warmer.
    Pro Line 251 - 225 Optimax
    Fisher 1754 - 60 Merc

2 boats is 2 to many and at least 1 shy of enough
  • Hawk232Hawk232 Posts: 327 Officer
    it may be worth looking elsewhere and see about having it shipped. check out www.bckfc.com, a yak fishing board in louisiana. they have classifieds and alot of guys are willing to ship. or if yall find one shoot me a pm and see when my next trip to LA will be and if I am driving I could bring it back for ya
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,173 Moderator
    The bass are almost done with the spawn on Henderson. There will be a few scattered over the next month but most are post spawn.
    Rousseau has a good bite going. Last weeks tournament took 16lbs to win I was 3rd with 12lbs. Big fish was 6.3 lbs.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • gbaswolfgbaswolf Posts: 268 Officer
    I have been looking for a good deal on a used one (or two) for a long time. Craigslist (use searchtempest) is your best bet but lately I'm thinking new might be the way to go.

I sit on my boat at Pete's Pier and watch the yakers catch fish all day. Reds, black drum, snook, sheeps, snapper, etc. Are you fishing mid river or the bay? I think most of the action is up in the bay where the water is warmer.
    It might just be the time of the year I fish it(Sept., Oct., Nov.,and April) So far I've only caught 2 trout, 2 reds, 100 plus catfish and I lost count of how many Ladyfish. I've fished all over kings bay and as far down the river as Fort Island boat launch. I was luicky enough to fight a monster Tarpon for at least 3.5 seconds( it was awesome while it lasted).

Thanks and tight lines
    Tight lines!:fishing