Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Wundermap

Check out the improvements to wunderground's wundermap system; probably the best online "radar" implementation I've seen- be sure to check out the features on the right side, river reports, humidity, wind speeds, etc. Quite useful for those last minute checks before running to the coast.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap
sigsmallx.jpg
Q: How much fishing equipment can a man have before his wife throws him out?
A: I do not know for sure; however, I believe that the experiment is almost complete!

Replies

• BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,728 Captain
    tekmunki wrote: »
    Check out the improvements to wunderground's wundermap system; probably the best online "radar" implementation I've seen- be sure to check out the features on the right side, river reports, humidity, wind speeds, etc. Quite useful for those last minute checks before running to the coast.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap

I agree...it is an excellent tool for the current weather. It's been around for quite some time though. Regardless...not everyone would know about it if they didn't use Wunderground so thanks for the heads up. And some of the features on the right side have been added recently.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • tekmunkitekmunki Posts: 668 Officer
    Billy wrote: »
    I agree...it is an excellent tool for the current weather. It's been around for quite some time though. Regardless...not everyone would know about it if they didn't use Wunderground so thanks for the heads up. And some of the features on the right side have been added recently.

Bill

I used an older version of it a while back, but it didn't look like this- the previous one was 1/4 screen and was lacking features --- apparently they changed it sometime around last April... I'm shocked I hadn't seen this before now.
    sigsmallx.jpg
    Q: How much fishing equipment can a man have before his wife throws him out?
    A: I do not know for sure; however, I believe that the experiment is almost complete!
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,728 Captain
    tekmunki wrote: »
    I used an older version of it a while back, but it didn't look like this- the previous one was 1/4 screen and was lacking features --- apparently they changed it sometime around last April... I'm shocked I hadn't seen this before now.

I'm a long time (maybe over five years) "paid" member of Wunderground so maybe I see things others don't? I think it's but a few bucks a year and you don't get any advertisements. At any rate it's a nice feature...as you mentioned.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain
    I have been using that for a while and it's a very useful tool especially if you take note of and utilize all the controls on ther right. The water temps were a fantastic addition and are suprisingly accurate.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber