Where's The Bait???

1789101113»

Replies

• CapnAhabCapnAhab Posts: 248 Deckhand
    Threw on C span several times among many other boats Sunday morning and noone was pulling up threads.

Went to Tarpon Bay flats and chummed for quite a while and had to work hard for a couple dozen big pinfish. Thats with throwing a 10ft heavy net wide open. No pilchards or threads. Watched the other guys on the flats throwing as well and they didnt seem to bring up any bait. Got reports from a friend who said bait was hard to come by right now but a captain friend told me he has done well up north in PI sound.

Hope the rest of you guys are doing better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

God of all days
    Glorious in all of Your ways
    The majesty the wonder and grace
    In the light of Your Name

Let hope rise and darkness tremble
    In Your holy light
    That every eye will see Jesus our God
    Great and mighty to be praised
  • DThiessen85DThiessen85 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Have had luck at tarpon bay last few times chumming but Sunday just seemed like the threads weren't there. Going to try boca grande this weekend. Any tips on places to find bait up there?
  • PhlypperPhlypper Posts: 68 Greenhorn
    This past week, I blacked out the well with 5" threads INSIDE the river, between Redfish cove and the CC Yacht Club. I haven't done that in nearly 15 years. This drought is killing my lawn, but the fishing in the river is great.
  • Strangegill88Strangegill88 Posts: 191 Deckhand
    Anyone have any bait reports around Sanibel causeway? heading out early Friday morning, gonna buy crabs before launching but would like to pick up threads if they're around.

thanks,
  • Strangegill88Strangegill88 Posts: 191 Deckhand
    We went up to Bokelia today to get over to Boca Grand faster after launching. No bait (pins or crabs) at any shops in Matlacha or Pine Island. Tried chumming the grass flats off Bokelia and got a few pins and maybe 4 threads...... didn't see anyone doing much better and there were 6-10 other boats out there all trying it.
    Did pick up some decent threads later just running the channel north of Bokelia and came upon a couple pods.
  • jbsrqjbsrq Posts: 207 Deckhand
    Any bait reports from around Sarasota this week?
  • captcatchallcaptcatchall Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Any thread fins around the area??? Sanibel Causeway???
  • PhlypperPhlypper Posts: 68 Greenhorn
    On Saturday, hit the A span of the Sanibel Causeway on the morning outgoing tide and Christmas treed a 3/8th inch net badly. Between there and the tripod, a couple of pods of Tarpon were busting the same baits.
  • FurFinsFeathersFurFinsFeathers Posts: 47 Greenhorn
    Any bait near Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte?
    Any bait reports?
    Massive schools of cigar minnows from 30' and deeper off of Sarasota. Found 4" white bait in 20' off Sarasota as well. Blacked out the livewell with two throws of my deep water cast net. 
  • moses0moses0 Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    any bait around Sanibel causeway?
  • FroglizaFrogliza Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    edited July 7 #374
1789101113»