Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

SJRWMD SRPM Feb 16, 2012 Official Announcement

Replies

• On ContingencyOn Contingency Posts: 77 Deckhand
    Are u all giving away memberships? You would think all the "malcontents", "miscreants" and troublemakers would have a tough time posting on the member side if they are no longer members (by choice i would add) :)
  • Capt Jeff KraynikCapt Jeff Kraynik Posts: 585 Officer
    SJRWMD SRPM Feb 16, 2012 Official Announcement

DATE: January 31, 2012

TO: Interested Parties

SUBJECT: Southern Recreational Public Meeting (SRPM).

The next St. Johns River Water Management District’s Southern Recreational Public Meeting is scheduled for 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Thursday, February 16, 2012.

The meeting will be held at the Indian River County Commission Chambers, 1801 27th St., Vero Beach, FL 32960.

Topics at the meeting will include:

 Land Management & Recreation Update
     Three Forks – Tom Lawton Recreation Pad discussion
     Upper St. Johns River Basin project update
     Opportunity for Public Comment

Meeting minutes from the last Southern Recreational Public Meeting will be available at the meeting, or contact J.B. for a copy. The Recreational Public Meetings calendar can be found at floridaswater.com/meetings.

You can also visit floridaswater.com/streamlines to view Streamlines, the online magazine about the work of the St. Johns River Water Management
    District.

Directions:

From I-95, take Exit 147 (SR 60) and travel east approx. 6 1/2 miles, turn north on 20th Ave, turn east onto 26th St, then north onto 19th Ave. The county building is on your right.

From U.S. 1 (north of S.R. 60, just south of the airport), turn west on 26th St., then north on 19th
    Ave.

The county building is on your right.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact J.B. Miller at 386-329-4381 or [email protected]
    The Coastal Sportsmen

Specializing in personalized Light-Tackle Saltwater Flats/Nearshore Fishing on Florida's Space & Treasure Coast's

www.coastalsportsmen.com

https://www.facebook.com/captjeffkraynik?ref=tn_tnmn
    This is an important meeting for all waterfowlers.

A group of stakeholders/users is attempting to "restrict" access on (3000) three thousand acres of the Mocassin Island track in Brevard County.

The currently "approved" management plan has been in place since 2008 for this 'isolated, walk-in only" area.

These stakeholders are attempting to "restrict" access from (7) seven days a week down to (3) three days a week.

If you can not make the meeting, please e-mail the following with your comments or concerns about the issue:

Doug Voltolino @ [email protected]

or

Robert Christianson @ [email protected]

Please take the time to write.

This is not just a local issue but one that can potentially spill over into other areas that SJRMWD which also owns & manages (172) one-hundred & seventy-two miles of river & hundred of thousand of acres of currently open marsh!!!

Thank you!!!

And if you have any questions, please feel free to call me on my cell phone.
    The Coastal Sportsmen

Specializing in personalized Light-Tackle Saltwater Flats/Nearshore Fishing on Florida's Space & Treasure Coast's

www.coastalsportsmen.com

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,265 AG
    huntmstr wrote: »
    I'm over the BoD passing me over Joe. I know why I was passed over and it has nothing to do with being selfless or selish and everything to do with not seeing eye to eye with you guys. It has everyting to do with being friendly with Jorge and Alex and with blowing the whistle on the backroom BS that went on before the winter meeting at Marsh Landing. I'm fine with it at this point. I would rather be passed over and labled as one of the malcontents than to compromise my principles or remain silent about something I felt was deceitful.

Yet, If you were givin that slot...you would have smiled graciously and taken it...but...instead...when you didn't win the spot...THEN...and only then...You had to let everyone know how wrong it was...PA-LEEZE! Gimme a break Jorge made his bed and had to lie in it...Nobody there was going to nominate or second him...and he surely would not have gotten 4 votes...Never!....and if he wants to think that the 6 other guys were anti Lawyer...anti Cuban...( I was told both) or anti anything...That is his issue to work thru....surely it couldn't be because he wasn't a team player and caused rifts with his constant " I'm the peoples hero"...like some modern day Che'

You and I both know I'm not running my own agenda around here and that I am doing selfless work. No chest pounding from me. No calls for recognition. Just updates on what's transpired and what's coming next. Oh yeah...sure...LOL!!

As far as chest thumping, the only chest thumping I see going on is yours. How many posts in the last month have been about you telling everyone how long you've been involved and how much you've done? And now, you put together a last minute youth hunt because the Brevard guys didn't want to pony up for whatever reason. Good for you. Just quit acting like it's the cure for cancer. You saw a need and filled it - that's what you're supposed to do... selflessly. Instead you and John keep throwing it up on posts like people should be kissing your **** over it. No...I didn't say a word about it...I just did it....I then responded to *your* post since you were so worried about what *I* was doing...I just "as transparently as possible...filled you in"

Honestly, I don't know why UWF wasn't in charge of it to begin with seeing as how it is a youth duck hunt and we're all about the youth of our sport. Seems only logical it should be taken over by UWF. It was started by S Brevard DU....and you can't have two at the same place....we opted to assist with both manpower and money...it was a good cause....regardless of who's name was attached to it.

And to you John, don't even begin to tell me or presume I don't know what it takes to put together an event. You may recall who conceived, coordinated, chaired, cooked for and supervised last year's Outdoor Youth Experience which was attended by over 200 people. While you sat on your **** under the pavilion talking about how great UWF is and bragging on your decoys, I was running all over the place making sure everything was happening as scheduled, cooking for everyone, and busting my hump from bfore daylight to after dark. Sure we had some good volunteers and it couldn't have gone down without them. But it wasn't all UWF-ers coming to help.

I know we had Randy, Jim & Sid, Dan Daniels, Pat Stone, you and a few others who came to help and I was very greatful for all the hard work each volunteer put in as every job was important. But there were many more non UWF-ers there too and they were every bit as much a part of the success of the even as our members were. That's something I don't lose track of, no matter which group's name happens to be on the event title.

The time is drawing close to do it again (May 12.) Phil Walters, Lee Chamberlain and I have already begun contacting people to help display and do seminars, cook, help with the fishing dock, canoes, gun ranges, etc... If you want to be helpful, you can start by setting up the webpage on the CC acount so we can start registering people and receiving donations. I will have a list of activities and the full itinereary posted this afternoon. Let's not wait until 45 days before the event to get the registration page up like we did last year.

I remember this event....the one that your first backer pulled out of...then you ran to us....Yes, I do clearly remember it.....I also remember that you got both money and manpower.....no "cure for cancer"....just the help you needed.... when you asked.
    The best part here...You're chastizing the guy who helped you...PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

It seems even more important to "guides".....so much so that they had "someone" go post handbills out there!

Yes, we know...keep all those people up there and out of Mary A where I'm taking my tree duck clients..and away from Keenansville lake and Sartori where I guide my "trophy Ringneck hunts"......

Yes Jeff...there are more than just a handfull who already know your "game"...You did it at FF1 last year...even brought the press with you to make SURE it got plenty of play..even though your chubby culo would never do the work required to actually hunt it.....the same with your attempt to use your DU position to get the canal open at the forks....

Dude...your cover is blown....you're out in the wind.

Next season....just wait till you see the "scouting report" I put up...It's going to be a doozey!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled

A group of stakeholders/users is attempting to "restrict" access on (3000) three thousand acres of the Mocassin Island track in Brevard County.

The currently "approved" management plan has been in place since 2008 for this 'isolated, walk-in only" area.

These stakeholders are attempting to "restrict" access from (7) seven days a week down to (3) three days a week.

If you can not make the meeting, please e-mail the following with your comments or concerns about the issue:

or

This is not just a local issue but one that can potentially spill over into other areas that SJRMWD which also owns & manages (172) one-hundred & seventy-two miles of river & hundred of thousand of acres of currently open marsh!!!

Thank you!!!

The Coastal Sportsmen

www.coastalsportsmen.com

N. Cook wrote: »
    I can see this is going to be a long hot summer until duck season comes back....

A lot of this should be on the UW-F Members Forums....Please use some good judgement....

Sorry Newton...but not one word isn't the plain and unvarnished TRUTH...I know some hate to hear stuff without sugar coating or a pretty wrapper and a bow ( You do a great job at it...you should be with the state department) ....but it's not in my nature to play nice or be PC to spare someones feelings ...especially where me or my integrity are being questioned by some self aggrandizing....whatever.

Chuck....and Jorge.... must be ready to "play rough" ....If that is how they want it.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled

or

Thank you!!!

No matter how big or bold the print....it doesn't change the truth...I know you want to bury it...but it just is not going away!

It could spill over?... no fear mongering there huh CJ....LOL!!

Don't worry....when I get done blowing up the internet with your spots...right down to GPS fixes...( don't worry..I have airboat buddies that can't wait to pay you back)
    You'll pray for somebody to do something.....You'll blow up Dougs phone....you'll try to fend it off....but it will be a relentless stream....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled

or

Thank you!!!

The Coastal Sportsmen

www.coastalsportsmen.com

PS...Jeff et al..... Remember, I'm retired...and when I'm not fishing or hunting...I have all the time in the world to "set the record straight" as it were...

PPS...Had a great snipe this AM with the guys at TMG....so... this is me when I'm happy....I get worse!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • N. CookN. Cook Posts: 2,249 Captain
    When we have UW-F Members on both sides of a hot issue....and why would that be a suprise as UW-F Members are passionate about duck hunting!!!!.... it is important that it be made clear that neither one side or the other speaks for the organization....I know that is hard for some to realize, but UW-F is not "run" by two or three people who may be in an arguement whatever their titles may be....And again, why is it suprising the most vocal individuals on issues are the hard working officers of the group??? They have a special passion.

Actually, the "leader" of UW-F is President Dennis Dutcher.

Dennis to date has done the same thing as the other four or five UW-F Board Members not in the day to day arguements.....Patiently wait to see what happens at the SJRWMD meeting where the actual parameters of what could be done or will be done....or will not be done...will be laid out.

The forums have a lot of Alpha individuals who seem to enjoy trading blows on one issue after another......might be entertaining, but they are not reflective of most stakeholders.
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    No matter how big or bold the print....it doesn't change the truth...I know you want to bury it...but it just is not going away!

It could spill over?... no fear mongering there huh CJ....LOL!!

Don't worry....when I get done blowing up the internet with your spots...right down to GPS fixes...( don't worry..I have airboat buddies that can't wait to pay you back)
    You'll pray for somebody to do something.....You'll blow up Dougs phone....you'll try to fend it off....but it will be a relentless stream....

or

Thank you!!!

The Coastal Sportsmen

www.coastalsportsmen.com

• duliferdulifer Posts: 180 Officer
    I'm over the BoD passing me over Joe. I know why I was passed over and it has nothing to do with being selfless or selish and everything to do with not seeing eye to eye with you guys. It has everyting to do with being friendly with Jorge and Alex and with blowing the whistle on the backroom BS that went on before the winter meeting at Marsh Landing. I'm fine with it at this point. I would rather be passed over and labled as one of the malcontents than to compromise my principles or remain silent about something I felt was deceitful. You and I both know I'm not running my own agenda around here and that I am doing selfless work. No chest pounding from me. No calls for recognition. Just updates on what's transpired and what's coming next.

As far as chest thumping, the only chest thumping I see going on is yours. How many posts in the last month have been about you telling everyone how long you've been involved and how much you've done? And now, you put together a last minute youth hunt because the Brevard guys didn't want to pony up for whatever reason. Good for you. Just quit acting like it's the cure for cancer. You saw a need and filled it - that's what you're supposed to do... selflessly. Instead you and John keep throwing it up on posts like people should be kissing your **** over it. Honestly, I don't know why UWF wasn't in charge of it to begin with seeing as how it is a youth duck hunt and we're all about the youth of our sport. Seems only logical it should be taken over by UWF.

And to you John, don't even begin to tell me or presume I don't know what it takes to put together an event. You may recall who conceived, coordinated, chaired, cooked for and supervised last year's Outdoor Youth Experience which was attended by over 200 people. While you sat on your **** under the pavilion talking about how great UWF is and bragging on your decoys, I was running all over the place making sure everything was happening as scheduled, cooking for everyone, and busting my hump from bfore daylight to after dark. Sure we had some good volunteers and it couldn't have gone down without them. But it wasn't all UWF-ers coming to help.

I know we had Randy, Jim & Sid, Dan Daniels, Pat Stone, you and a few others who came to help and I was very greatful for all the hard work each volunteer put in as every job was important. But there were many more non UWF-ers there too and they were every bit as much a part of the success of the even as our members were. That's something I don't lose track of, no matter which group's name happens to be on the event title.

The time is drawing close to do it again (May 12.) Phil Walters, Lee Chamberlain and I have already begun contacting people to help display and do seminars, cook, help with the fishing dock, canoes, gun ranges, etc... If you want to be helpful, you can start by setting up the webpage on the CC acount so we can start registering people and receiving donations. I will have a list of activities and the full itinereary posted this afternoon. Let's not wait until 45 days before the event to get the registration page up like we did last year.

I'm not trying to tell you how to run your event or put it together. I'm saying you should be more respectful to the people that helped cook the food for you last year, and helped promote it, but you obviously have your own ways regarding that after reading this novel on Chuck's importance. I know quite a few people that enjoy tooting their own horn at the expense of the people that volunteer their time to help...you're not doing yourself any favors with diatribes like this jewel. And your fence jumping to defend people who are no friend of UW-F is chaotic at best. Maybe they will help you with "YOUR" event. Good luck with that!

Hitch

Hitch
    Help us fix Wetlands
    http://fwlf.org/

Join UW-F
    www.uw-f.org
    The VOICE of Florida Waterfowlers

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • novaalexnovaalex Posts: 88 Deckhand
    Yes, We all knew Jorge was salivating at the thought of a " El Presidente'" of that terrible waterfowl org. .....Sadly, His outburst on the phone with the head of the states waterfowl section...not only would derail any thought of that...but would in effect be a part of why he would not be re-appointed to the BOD. Just can't have that type person....
    David L was just being a good Christian man and let him know he was done with the BOD so he could step down with some grace....and for that he took a groin kick..You know what they say..no good deed goes unpunished.

I dont understand the comment of Lithgow taking a groin kick and I sure as he77 dont understand how you could think Jorge would want to be President of gUWF if he couldnt even get a single Boardmember to side on any issue with him. What Lithgow did was more than any of you hypocrites who come up and shake my hand in public did, specially you duckmanjr. As far as Jorge's conversation with Joe B nobody was on the phone except the two of them a lot was made of it by those same people who wanted to oust Jorge so who do you believe. I say Joe B didnt like getting put on the spot about the permitting issue and he said something to Swilli or Newton and then it became an epic story like Beowulf!
    Quoting duckmanjr. "Yet, If you were givin that slot...you would have smiled graciously and taken it...but...instead...when you didn't win the spot...THEN...and only then...You had to let everyone know how wrong it was...PA-LEEZE! Gimme a break Jorge made his bed and had to lie in it...Nobody there was going to nominate or second him...and he surely would not have gotten 4 votes...Never!....and if he wants to think that the 6 other guys were anti Lawyer...anti Cuban...( I was told both) or anti anything...That is his issue to work thru....surely it couldn't be because he wasn't a team player and caused rifts with his constant " I'm the peoples hero"...like some modern day Che' "

Joe once again you have proven just how ignorant you are. You need to read up on your history perhaps the history of the cuban people and maybe you will learn that Che Guevara was nothing more than a murderer. But it is the liberal media that have portrayed him as some kind of icon. For me he was a dirtbag from Argentina that came to Cuba because he was a sadistic murderer looking for a free ride. That animal killed a lot of Cubans who the Castro brothers didnt or couldnt kill themselves. So they brought in scumbags like him! Im willing to take all the crap you say online but this last post was way outside the lines. We dont use the "cuban card" like some new arrival right off the boat. My family came to Miami in 1959, probably before you came to Florida. I was born here and I consider myself an American first, I have never been to Cuba and never will. You need to stop your little threats about revealing GPS numbers and know your role you're not on the beat anymore.

BTW, I love the first pic of the TMG youth hunt. Ya'll did the same thing fishermen do to make small fish look bigger with duckmanjr. Put up in front of the image and get him closer to the camera than anything else in the picture and by God he doesnt look like he shops in the jr. department.
  • Crazy HorseCrazy Horse Posts: 498 Officer
    I'd buy tickets to see the crooked nose get straightened. I'm not even a duck hunter and I think duckman is a ****
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    Joe, once again you have manufactured a recollection of something that isn't so.

When I was approached about taking Jorge's spot I said only if Jorge leaves on his own. At that time I told John and David that under no circumstances should they kick Jorge out as it would be a major mistake and foolish to do so. I was told by John that Milan was given the spot on the BoD instead of me because y'all needed someone from the south to represent the Miami area. At that time it wasn't about who had "earned it" but who would fit & be simpatico with the mindset of the other board members. John then told me, you'll be up next time around. I was fine with that. Milan is a good man and a hard worker with his heart and intensions in the right places.

I blew the whistle on how the back door dealings went down, not because I didn't get tapped for the BoD, but because the way you men conducted yourselves was shameful and made me uncomfortable. It's really disturbing to watch you and John discuss who is worthy and who isn't and why people have to be gotten rid of from the organization.

As for the Florida Outdoor Experience, there was never any "other backers" and I did not "run to you." There was a Trailblazer's event the prior year that was similar and put on half heartedly by the United Sportsman's Alliance. They decided not to do it again because they felt it was underattended for the work they had to do. So Phil Walters and I decided it would be good to do it ourselves and make it bigger and better. Lee Chamberlain worked the phones and got some money and some man power. He also got the word out to all the clubs. I brought it to the BoD and asked if you wanted to support it and make it a UWF event. You guys jumped all over it. Even if UWF hadn't agreed to co-sponsor with FWC, we would have gotten the volunteers and the money and pulled it off anyway.

Now, if you're telling me that you guys are going to take this over and organize it without my assistance or leadership, then lots of luck. I'll tell Phil and Lee that they can turn over the reigns to the UWF BoD.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
    It is so much easier to tell the truth, that way you dont have to remember all the lies jr. Notice how you are the ones that continue to bring up the past. I make a point or begin a discussion about current events and you revert to bringing up Jorge or me. It is not relevant you **** stick to the facts. The proposal is to restrict hunting opportunity on a public property in order to insure better quality hunting for the locals. Let the agency decide and let the hunters from all over the state decide. But dont pretend like people who are highly involved with UWF wouldnt have tried to backdoor this if they could have.

Let the people make up their mind about a group of elitist who act like shooting 18 teal a day between three hunters is not good enough. Ask most around the State and they would die for an opportunity like that. Face the facts if you want widgeons you have two choices: Open up parts of MINWR that are closed and holding them or go wait in line at STA3/4 and use the Richter Method to sneak behind one of us. OOPS I forgot, Mr. Stone knows where the widgeon are at STA3/4.
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    Where wasn't I gracious to those who volunteered? Didn't I name those who came and helped? Didn't I say thank you to all of them both at the event and again afterwards? You're reading much more into it than I stated. It's not about MY importance, but about the EVENT itself and making sure the kids get what they came for. I don't care if Hillary Clinton and Barbara Boxer come and volunteer to cook chicken (all left wings and fat thighs probably) I'd put them to work and thank them when it's done. It took lots of volunteers to pull that off last year and it will take just as many this time around...many more not from UWF than were from UWF. You should recognize them as well and be more respectful of them.

Second issue...

Why is it fence jumping Hitch? Why can't I have friends on both sides of the aisle? Just because you guys can't get along doesn't mean I have to choose sides does it? It seems ever more so that you are trying to force me to pick a side and stick with it. If that's the case, I pick no restrictions while improving habitat. I pick open access and a return to tradition. I pick heritage and over permits and days off. I pick hunting in it's purest form and conservation through the practice of sustainable harvest.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
    Chuck I was issued a one month ban on July 5, 2011. I did everything I could in the prior 6 months to get kicked off, I even asked the Membership Director to pull my access and he refused. But dont think that you are the first to be asked to pick. You so folks like us are hard to swallow for most. Most people want to be coddled or they want to be told what they want to hear. They dont react to well when someone jacks the truth into their face and proves that they are hypocrites at best. You keep hearing about the malcontents and the whiners when they refer to me. That doesnt bother me one bit, when I was a Boardmember I spoke for everyone who couldnt and I played Devil's advocate on every issue because you have to ask that of leaders. All I can say is if Audobon's Brevard chapter were asking for these same restrictions or if this land would become an EEL property the same people who are sitting on the fence would be up in arms. Frankly it insults me that Newton comes over here and speaks for Dennis Dutcher. He doesnt need you speaking for him. What he needs to do is grab the bull by the horns and restore some dam order to these renegades. This is an open marsh that has had a management plan since 2008 and hunters want to restrict it. Heck restrict yourself, shoot 3 birds instead of 6, take only 6 shells out there, shoot from the opposite shoulder. I dont care what you do but dont take opportunity away from other hunters, the population of ducks is fine we dont need restrictions. How many of the restricters bought multiple federal duck stamps this year? Contribute money but dont take opportunity away from others.
  • ChetChet Posts: 292 Deckhand
    dulifer wrote: »
    I'm not trying to tell you how to run your event or put it together. I'm saying you should be more respectful to the people that helped cook the food for you last year, and helped promote it, but you obviously have your own ways regarding that after reading this novel on Chuck's importance. I know quite a few people that enjoy tooting their own horn at the expense of the people that volunteer their time to help...you're not doing yourself any favors with diatribes like this jewel. And your fence jumping to defend people who are no friend of UW-F is chaotic at best. Maybe they will help you with "YOUR" event. Good luck with that!

Hitch

Hitch

And the kids suffer agian, class act!
    Chet wrote: »
    And the kids suffer agian, class act!

Maybe you just glossed over post #57??

NO...when the kids needed someone to step up....after your hero Captain Jeff and a couple others were all set to disappoint the kids by cancelling the youth hunt ....
    UW-F picked up that dropped ball....

So....again...a nice impassioned plea...with absolutely no truth...none...NADA...the null set...zero.

And you know exactly what was said... and meant....
    Let's just see if Novaalex, on contingency, benellishooter et al....will "step up"...and Phil...you know that those boys will not do one thing...even for their " Homeboy amigo" who felt he needed to come to Jorges rescue....

PS...Alex and Jorge were members and saw the posts when Chuck needed help....they left him in the wind...funny how that goes.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Fin&FeatherFin&Feather Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    novaalex wrote: »
    Heck restrict yourself

They can't. People can't restrict themselves. Thats why there are laws that people have to abide by. In some situations more laws are needed. I have a hippie mentality and I know that a certain degree of laws are needed to keep order.
  • ChetChet Posts: 292 Deckhand
    Maybe you just glossed over post #57??

NO...when the kids needed someone to step up....after your hero Captain Jeff and a couple others were all set to disappoint the kids by cancelling the youth hunt ....
    UW-F picked up that dropped ball....

So....again...a nice impassioned plea...with absolutely no truth...none...NADA...the null set...zero.

And you know exactly what was said... and meant....
    Let's just see if Novaalex, on contingency, benellishooter et al....will "step up"...and Phil...you know that those boys will not do one thing...even for their " Homeboy amigo" who felt he needed to come to Jorges rescue....

PS...Alex and Jorge were members and saw the posts when Chuck needed help....they left him in the wind...funny how that goes.

Please don't take my post out of context. I posted a quote and replied. My post had nothing to do with #57. I thought I made it crystal clear what I was commenting on. But thanks for your concern.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Jr, you want to compare certified volunteering hrs you've done in the last 3 yrs with me? You want to" step up "to the plate bigun.

Ruff numbers put me over 1100 hrs..and U
    Joe you are truly a punk! First of all the UWF Youth Hunts today started when I took over when local members of Delta dropped the ball at STA5. We layed the template that is still being used to day to the degree that George Krimminger called me for advice the first year after I stopped. The first and second year I did them we collected enough money to last you a decade, as Treasurer you should know that. People like Ozman the former Moderator who Hitch ran off because he wouldnt delete posts at Hitch's whim would donate substantial monies. The first year we gave away guns, rides on the Goodyear blimp, and guided hunts as Grand prizes, not to mention the tradition of grab bags for every kid. So you did one this year, big deal you got a lot of catching up to do. I remember how hard it was to get any money up front from you even though I was collecting thousands so we could buy the food and supplies. Nickle and diming us when we were paving the path for the future. Do you think that I got anything out of that? I did it all for the kids, before my kids were even born or toddlers. The legacy is there go online and search UWF Youth Hunts and see what comes up, it sure isnt your name. I get calls to this day every year asking where people should send donations. But remember this isnt about that, this isnt a pissing contest! This is about a managed property that is fully functional being restricted by local hunters so they can better the quality of their bag. Purely selfish on your behalf! Ducks are migratory and whether you hunt 3 days or 7 they will continue to move. Your data is flawed and your methods are less than admirable. Stick to the truth and debate what is on the table. It aint about Board positions or youth hunts. I was on the Board, appointed and eleted and I resigned without any fanfare because I no longer wanted to deal with people that did not negotiate in good faith, people like you, who will forever have to look at the Articles of your organization and have to see my name on them not Hitch's or your's MINE! Stick to the truth Mr vertically challenged!
  • FLDXTFLDXT Posts: 2,521 Captain
    Is this the thread documenting elevated Estrogen levels in duck hunters?
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Yup, how people forget..bet Joe forgot it was the benellipooper who put together the first ever grab bags for EVERY kid who attended the STA 5 youth hunt. Luv the article of incorp thing...it's like a tatoo they can't wash off!!
  • duliferdulifer Posts: 180 Officer
    Second issue...

Why is it fence jumping Hitch?

Being a leader with UW-F is not a popularity contest Chuck. I doubt either of us would win a popularity contest though. And UW-F doesn't go down to the local WalMart and pick out it's leaders either Chuck. Both of these concepts have been tried figuratively. And I hope we've all learned our lesson from that. The historiography of those experiments at UW-F are found here in this thread. Is this where you want to be Chuck...with the WalMart shoppers? It's up to you for the time being. Being a leader with UW-F is not for everyone, as you are finding out, as the losers on this thread found out, and as most in our current leadership roles are discovering about you.

Hitch
    Help us fix Wetlands
    http://fwlf.org/

Join UW-F
    www.uw-f.org
    The VOICE of Florida Waterfowlers

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]