Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

SJRWMD SRPM Feb 16, 2012 Official Announcement

Replies

• N. CookN. Cook Posts: 2,241 Captain
    Gee......the power of such a little group of duck hunters....Repetition of erroneous thinking does not make it any truer...UW-F was not a player in the CI project when it was conceived almost ten years ago (UW-F probably had 100 Members statewide at the time) and never considered it an "issue" until the FDEP announced the possibility of a lease and then all the opponents came out of the wood work....and because some of LOHA also happened to be UW-F Members....jumped to the conclusion that UW-F as an organization was involved....

The same people who reached that erroneous conclusion simply cannot understand the difference between the right of individual members of a group to have a right to their own opinion and that opinion does not have to be dictated to them by the group....And...here we go again with the same charges on the MI issue.

Let me make it clear to those who continue to have some allusions about how UW-F operates....We are a diverse group (much larger than the early CI days) with Members who are passionate about waterfowling....often not in agreement with other Members. We accept that as a strength....not a weakness. The Board of Directors is not obligated to step in and choose winners and losers in issues such as CI or MI....There may come a point where that is needed, but, as in the case of CI we await the Management Plan...in the case of MI we await the comments and proposals at the forthcoming SJRWMD recreation meeting to see if there is enough consensus for the need to vote (or not to vote) on the issue.

I know that may be difficult for some people to grasp....an organization whose Board trys hard not to dictate a narrow line to the Membership, but to allow open discussion....AS LONG AS IT IS CIVIL AND THE "PRIVATE" DIALOGS ON THE MEMBERS ONLY FORUMS ARE NOT TRANSFERRED TO OTHER WEB SITES....

Break that bond and you definitely will lose the confidence of the Board and Membership and are not trusted to participate.
  • ChetChet Posts: 292 Deckhand
    You shouldn't talk about breaking bonds of trust. Should I bring up that my private info was thrown out on the WWW by the president of the org. because he was loosing an argument.
  • novaalexnovaalex Posts: 88 Deckhand
    Newton everytime you try to persuade new members or prospective members that UWF had nothing to do with Curry Island or Mocassin Island you broaden the rift with many old current or former members. The fact that Capt Chris was a regional director who spearheaded the effort to change Curry Island cannot be argued. The only thing that saved Curry Island was that members spoke up and the Management Plan had to be modified. If it werent for that Curry Island would have become a private park or a private lease. Either way hunters would have lost to the antis or to hunter greed. Mocc Island is a bit different but there is still hunter greed involved and you cannot argue that key elements within UWF are working independently to restrict hunting access. In both cases whether independently or supported discretely as you did with the letter on your letterhead, the work is against the mission of improving access for all. It is however easy from a SpaceCoast point of view to justify that you are improving habitat or quality of hunt, but you are only doing so at the expense of other hunters and that is not fair considering the incredible amount of opportunity that the area already has. Last but not least Finsandfeathers, Board votes mean nothing to me. Just like there are no elections to the Board I cannot expect that a Board vote represents what the membership wants it only represents what a majority of 7 people think is best for duck hunting in all of Florida, to me that is playing God! BTW Gianni I never lost God, I just dont preach or push my agenda on others when it comes to religion. I dont care whether you are born again or you sacrifice animals.
  • On ContingencyOn Contingency Posts: 77 Deckhand
    Chet wrote: »
    Should I bring up that my private info was thrown out on the WWW by the president of the org. because he was loosing an argument.

Classic Dulifer
    novaalex wrote: »
    Newton everytime you try to persuade new members or prospective members that UWF had nothing to do with Curry Island or Mocassin Island you broaden the rift with many old current or former members. The fact that Capt Chris was a regional director who spearheaded the effort to change Curry Island cannot be argued. The only thing that saved Curry Island was that members spoke up and the Management Plan had to be modified. If it werent for that Curry Island would have become a private park or a private lease. Either way hunters would have lost to the antis or to hunter greed. Mocc Island is a bit different but there is still hunter greed involved and you cannot argue that key elements within UWF are working independently to restrict hunting access. In both cases whether independently or supported discretely as you did with the letter on your letterhead, the work is against the mission of improving access for all. It is however easy from a SpaceCoast point of view to justify that you are improving habitat or quality of hunt, but you are only doing so at the expense of other hunters and that is not fair considering the incredible amount of opportunity that the area already has. Last but not least Finsandfeathers, Board votes mean nothing to me. Just like there are no elections to the Board I cannot expect that a Board vote represents what the membership wants it only represents what a majority of 7 people think is best for duck hunting in all of Florida, to me that is playing God! BTW Gianni I never lost God, I just dont preach or push my agenda on others when it comes to religion. I dont care whether you are born again or you sacrifice animals.

What really saved curry island is that some smart folks got involved and the rotting fish was removed in its entirety from the plan thus restoring confidence in the plan.
  • Fin&FeatherFin&Feather Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    Chet,
    Sorry I did not see your question earlier. It seems that most people that hunt that area, hunt there. I think that is probably because there isnt much good habitat for ducks in the immediate area. Of the 20 or so hunters I spoke with only one of them hunted a neighboring marsh on occasion this year. If you refer to my post #13 on this thread, he was one of the couple that said "I dont really care, if not it'd be nice to have a 1pm cutoff". I stand by my previous comments that the people that use the area are for the most part are backing the proposal. The people that are most adamently against it are people that have never used the area and most likely never will. St. Johns is going to have to make a decision, if they want to please the people that actually use their property, or if they want to please the people that do not use the property. The answer seems pretty clear to me but unfortunately I dont have much say in the matter. No matter what happens somebody is going to be disappointed.
    I would have to say that just because a hunter has not visited Mocc Island it does not mean he will not. Nor does it mean that he should not have a vested interest in the property. Ducks are different than other game animals to the extent that they are the most migratory and any attempt to create a safe haven for them particularly in a state like Florida which is the end of the line in the US is contrary to those that are in areas that are just a bit further down the highway. That being said I have to disagree that the surrounding marshes do not provide quality hunting. In the words of the inmortal dulifer "perhaps you are not scouting enough" at least that is what he said to Dade county members in response to the argument that the STAs were preventing ducks from migrating to the Everglades. Fins, what do you consider "the surrounding marsh"?
  • duliferdulifer Posts: 180 Officer
    If you want Phil's contact info, all you have to do is go back to the thread linked below where he posted his contact info himself...so this is just another attempt to smear me...be careful Phil.

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?35427-NOTICE-Southern-SJRWMD-WRAC-Mtg-Vero-Beach&p=426111#post426111

Here is the post (no. 37)
    Chet,

I have given you the benefit of the doubt countless times because I continue to hear from other guys that know you what a nice guy you are. If you want to question my integrity, my devotion to a sporting lifestyle, or my decisions as a husband or father while I put my real name on the internet and leave my contact information for everyone to see then I'm going to only ask that we discuss our differences in person from this time forward.

I feel that is the only way I won't lose even more respect for you.

First off Dan I'm fine in my own skin and could care less how much respect you have for me!!

I have a few questions

Do you think over crowding is a good thing?

If you don't then why are you ok with sending hunters that would be Mocc to another marsh?

All your trying to do is send your problem to another marsh. Increasing the hunters, pressure, and compitition for the resources that marsh has to offer. The same thing you complain about at Moc. Hopfully you will see why I cosider this move greedy and selfish.

Phillip Eicher
    112 10th ave N
    St Petersburg Fl 33701

(727) 512-9252

If you have any questions you can call me!
    Help us fix Wetlands
    http://fwlf.org/

Join UW-F
    www.uw-f.org
    The VOICE of Florida Waterfowlers

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No one has to smear you, you do a great job of it on your own! By the way I fabricated nothing. Both you and I know that to be true.
    The evolution of where CI was at conception and where it was headed and where it is going today is not revelant to UW-F as an organization....not from the beginning...nor even today.

That is the point....some people tried to tie UW-F as an organization to CI and made many uncivil statements on various forums despite my and others objections that CI had never been considered by the Board as an issue needing a vote. UW-F did not then and does not today have an opinion as an organization on the CI issue. We may have a vote, the Board will decide, when the Management Plan is done....This has always been the UW-F "official" position for about 6 years....No vote on CI without a written plan to judge.

Some of those people continue to try to tie UW-F to issues whenever individual (and independent) Members are involved. Those attempts by a few people to smear the UW-F organization because of their objections to the actions or opinions of individual Members is and was the cause of the loss of respect and confidence toward them by UW-F leadership.....Not their positons objecting on the particular issue...The posting of portions of the "give and take" on the UW-F Member Only Forum on other forums was considered totally unacceptable. (note: many UW-F Members oppose the CI plan...just as many oppose restrictions at MI...Members expect to be able to debate on our Forum freely and without fear of being smeared on other websites).

UW-F Members are active in all the duck hunting issues...one of the reasons to join UW-F is to get into the fray!....So we will always have Members involved in projects, proposals and pushing for their concepts...Members will always be on both sides of these issues....and a dialog will happen. None of this portends the neccesity of a formal UW-F Board vote and an official UW-F positon...The vote will occur sometimes...and when it does, then critizism of the entire organization is perfectly acceptable. The only thing proper is that the discussion be kept civil and without personal attacks. It seems as soon as someone (on either side) gets personal the discussion deterioates and all reason on the pros and cons of an issue goes by the wayside....
    I find this statement comical...that uw folks weren't involved when a uwf regional director was spearheading it and the uwf executive director writing letters in support. Thats as involved as u can be. Just because there is not an official position or vote doesn't mean squat...especially under these circumstances.
    N. Cook wrote: »
    The evolution of where CI was at conception and where it was headed and where it is going today is not revelant to UW-F as an organization....not from the beginning...nor even today.

UW-F did not then and does not today have an opinion as an organization on the CI issue.

Some of those people continue to try to tie UW-F to issues whenever individual (and independent) Members are involved

So i guess that is why LOHA gave a presentation at the winter meeting??? CI is not relevant?

So newton are u an "independent member now"? Thats funny. If you don't support the new regime you may just be back to joe lunchbucket 25 dollar member
    LOHA....before it was LOHA, made a presentation about 6 years ago to the then UW-F Board at that year's Winter Meeting....that was the last presentation before the update by Jeff Allen last month...One of a number of Regional Reports and activities in Florida relating to duck hunting. I am sure Capt. Chris, who made the presentation six years ago, would have liked a positive Board vote then...the Board did not vote....I was on it at the time....The idea was still just that...an idea on how to make CI a better place for hunting. There were very few details.

Capt. Chris was a Regional Director at the time....mostly helping with Lake O stuff...and this topic was appropriate as it involved Lake O.

To stretch that presentation into some sort of UW-F support of the CI project is where people go off the track....

UW-F has people totally opposed to allowing airboats on LOXNWR....we also have people wanting them....You can't just choose the side you disagree with and then claim UW-F as an organization is "for not allowing airboats"......or "wants to destroy LOXNWR's peace with airboats"....

That is simply not logical....

However, when, and if, UW-F takes a Board vote and four or more set the UW-F official position, then critizism or praise of the group as a whole is competely acceptable....

A good example of this is the current disagreement regarding allowing motors (10hp or less) on two lakes in Leon County....UW-F is being both praised and critizised by Members and non members for the Board vote to support the FWC Staff's recommendation to add the motors. UW-F is on record and has to take the good and bad opinions of that decision....and that responsibility is not being ducked...

Critizise all you want on that issue.....blame UW-F for being a culprit and bad actor or whatever if you disagree...UW-F cannot complain of being tied to that issue ....the vote happened!

And that is the simple fact of these situations....NO VOTE...no official position. Critizise the individuals on either side (civily). but don't get UW-F as an organization in the mix.
    Truth be told Newton I dont want UWF in it's current form involved in anything. As a previous regional director and boardmember I was one of the first to say that we didnt take the will of the membership into account and I continue to believe that is the case, now more than ever.

Newton you said, and I quote" (note: many UW-F Members oppose the CI plan...just as many oppose restrictions at MI...Members expect to be able to debate on our Forum freely and without fear of being smeared on other websites)."

Lets be perfectly clear. Members give you money and in most cases they have no idea what you do! Do you wonder why? If you would reach out to them as much as you did when you sold them you would learn that they dont agree with everything you do. But you dont want that! You prefer 75% of what I call "one and done" where they pay for a year and disappear! Why does this happen? Easy because there is no accountability. Nobody has to worry that they are not going to be appointed again so they are free to do as they wish. We can argue until the cows come home and we are not going to convince each other but we are doing a great job of convincing other people.

CI no management plan equals no action by the Board, only covert letter writing. MI management plan exists and folks want to alter it to reduce access for hunters equals a fully sponsored covert mission by some on the board but no official support. Im surprised you guys can even speak with all the double talk going on. What you need to take into consideration is that every time you make a tiny move against access you are in for a fight!
    Covert????? You have to be kidding.....NO....you are just repeating the same tired old arguement about "black helicopters" CI and the current MI issues were always up front and open to anyone who was watching....Glade County Commission meetings are not "covert".....SJRWMD Recreation meetings are not "covert".....Open presentations on CI to a group gathered around a swimming pool in Titusville is not "covert"....nor open discussions on multiple forums on the proposals for MI are not "covert....

A letter sent to be read into the record of a County Commission meeting "covert"?.......This is the kind of logic that shows the weakness of your positions and I have to wonder what your real agenda is when you consistently make such baseless acquisations....

No other group in Florida has opened up so much hunting land for waterfowlers....just the work UW-F did to get a dozen WMAs to open for FULL MIGRATORY WATERFOWL SEASONS added scores of hunting days, without quotas or restrictions, for snipe, dove and duck hunting. Formerly they were only open during short Small Game Hunting Seasons...

Sorry, we don't have a lot of time to waste on gripers and complainers who we never see at the meetings or working with the FWC and the Water Management Districts to add hunting opportunities....They are great at typing on the computers on the Forums....not so good at actually doing anything positive....
    I'll have to agree with him Newton. No one knew about Felesmere until the "announcement" was made. Who knows, no one may have known about MI if it wasn't for Capt. Jeff. It all falls right along the line your past pres. told me things would be done after the CI blow-up.

It must be real tough not to be able to censor posts. No doubt several Iv'e put up would have never seen the light of day at that other place.

I know he has a real tough row to hoe but I do hope Dennis can wright the ship. My advice would be to put yesterdays trash to the curb. You know "out with the old and in with the new". Remember that was censored?
    Every group has a contingent that includes disgruntled EX-membership - in this case none of whom have hunted but a few times at Moccasin, some who have never hunted there, know it all types that do very little in the way of volunteering their time unless it benefits their own ego or business, or adds a bullet to their resume. These are the selfish guys who think they have all the answers, but generally have very few good ideas, and when they do have a useful thought expect someone else to act on it. They enjoy beating on their chests while behind the keyboard...a smattering of bi-polars and miscreants that enjoy running their mouths when no one is around, trying to run off members from our organization. Now they have to do it from the bench. Every organization has a few of these losers to deal with.

Hitch
    Help us fix Wetlands

Join UW-F
    www.uw-f.org

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    dulifer wrote: »
    Here on this thread you have a contingent that includes almost all of the disgruntled EX-membership - none of whom have hunted but a few times at Moccasin, some who have never hunted there, know it all types that do very little in the way of volunteering their time unless it benefits their own ego or business, or adds a bullet to their resume. These are the selfish guys who think they have all the answers, but generally have very few good ideas, and when they do have a useful thought expect someone else to act on it. They enjoy beating on their chests while behind the keyboard...a smattering of bi-polars and miscreants that enjoy running their mouths when no one is around, trying to run off members from our organization. Now they have to do it from the bench. Every organization has a few of these losers to deal with.

Hitch

Keep drinking and dreaming Hitch. You did a fine job at running off members over the past few years..and are still on a roll last I heard.
    Keep drinking and dreaming Hitch. You did a fine job at running off members over the past few years..and are still on a roll last I heard.

I must agree just ran off a sponsor in the last week! Speaking of bipolar, perhaps some are genuinely daignosed but you only seem to be that way because you are hitting the Crown too hard before you type. As far as doing things for my own gain, I find that laughable. Never once did I submit a voucher for meetings that I was called upon to attend even during dulifer's presidency. Three years of youth hunts when I collected monies that are still being used today. A moderator that you banned who donated a grand out of his pocket and you told him "dont let the door hit you" because he wouldnt delete a post you wrongfully wanted deleted? Come on man! John Hitchkock was a mistake! David l slipped up and named him President when he had others who could have done a much better job! Ofcourse nobody could have predicted what a "keyboard terrorist" Hitch would become, in retrospect hindsight is 20/20 and now you can look back and see all the people he ran off, some who were contributing long before him. All that being said I must say that I am forever grateful to Newton who pointed me in the advocay -vs- adversary direction, but truth be told Newton unlike you I will stand up and question the direction of the organization. I will not blindly defend it because i dont have a legacy to protect or a bridge to be named after me. If it's wrong I will call you or anyone else out.
    Your words"Sorry, we don't have a lot of time to waste on gripers and complainers who we never see at the meetings or working with the FWC and the Water Management Districts to add hunting opportunities....They are great at typing on the computers on the Forums....not so good at actually doing anything positive.... "
    We shall see about that! Unlike you and other who have either abandoned their families or are finished raising them we still have work to do at home, but the "key" meetings where access is threatened will be attended. Until then we will let you do the grunt work, but be mindful that if you cross the new boys club you will be on the outside looking in and you also may be told "dont let the door hit you on the way out"
    No one at UW-F misses you. And once more, you all continue to demonstrated why that is. Hitch
    Help us fix Wetlands

Join UW-F
    www.uw-f.org

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,264 AG
    novaalex wrote: »
    David l slipped up and named him President when he had others who could have done a much better job!

Yes, We all knew Jorge was salivating at the thought of a " El Presidente'" of that terrible waterfowl org. .....Sadly, His outburst on the phone with the head of the states waterfowl section...not only would derail any thought of that...but would in effect be a part of why he would not be re-appointed to the BOD. Just can't have that type person....
    David L was just being a good Christian man and let him know he was done with the BOD so he could step down with some grace....and for that he took a groin kick..You know what they say..no good deed goes unpunished.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Yes, We all knew Jorge was salivating at the thought of a " El Presidente'" of that terrible waterfowl org. .....Sadly, His outburst on the phone with the head of the states waterfowl section...not only would derail any thought of that...but would in effect be a part of why he would not be re-appointed to the BOD. Just can't have that type person....
    David L was just being a good Christian man and let him know he was done with the BOD so he could step down with some grace....and for that he took a groin kick..You know what they say..no good deed goes unpunished.

Thats funny considering who I spoke to today and last week and who asked me for help on a statewide issue involving All sportmen. Not bad for a guy who doesn't know how to talk to people. Jr..how many times u been to dc or tallahassee in the last two years? I got ya beat i think.
    Thats funny considering who I spoke to today and last week and who asked me for help on a statewide issue involving All sportmen. Not bad for a guy who doesn't know how to talk to people. Jr..how many times u been to dc or tallahassee in the last two years? I got ya beat i think.

Try not to beat on your chest too hard Jorge...You'll cause a contusion on your heart....LOL!!!!!

PS...Good for you...I think it's great you're doing something productive.....everyone should.

PPS...I went to DC for the first time last summer...took the grandkids....great vacation!
    As far as going to Tally....I'm not trying to get myself a seat on the FWC....no need to shake hands and kiss babys for me.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    You know Joe, I'm not running for an FWC seat (although I think I would do as good if not better than most who have served recently) and yet I got the FWC meetings when I can because it's important to speak out on issues and let the Commissioners know our displeasure or approval of matters involving hunting. I've been to FWC meetings all over the state and I consistently see Byron Maharey (ECC), Newton Cook (UWF/FHF), Todd Hallman (FSCA), Lyle McCandless (BCSA), Danny Brantley (KRVSA/FAA), Phil Walters (Gator Guides), Jim Cassleman & Kasey Elkins (UHF), Rusty McKeithen (NFDHA) and Stephen Williamson at these meetings. I've never seen you or Hitch.

Wouldn't it make sense for guys in leadership positions who preach about getting involved and attending meetings or "doing the work" as you put it, for you as VP & John as the then president, now president emeritus (snazzy new title he dubbed for himself) be there to represent their organization like all these other leaders?

Unlike you, I'm not retired, but I still find time to go because speaking out and representing hunters and hunting issues is important to me. It's important to the future of hunting.

You're one who touts youth initiatives. Why have you not jumped in and gotten involved with the FWC Youth Camp Initiatives or even offered to take part in the stakeholder committees in your region? Wouldn't that dove-tail nicely with UWF's alleged desire to work towards getting kids involved in hunting and outdoor recreation? Or is it that you'd rather be an internet blow-hard and leave the heavy lifting to those of us already involved?

I'm more than a little tired of hearing you prattle on about how much you do when I never see you at any meetings except for UWF functions and the one SWFWMD meeting in Lecanto last month. I don't care how many checks you wrote as Treasurer for UWF. As far as I'm concerned this isn't about what you used to do, it's about what you're doing now and what you're planning to do tomorrow. Seems to me the only time a fire gets lit under your butt is when it's in your own back yard. That's all well & good, but a leader should be thinking and acting outside his immediate region. True leaders lead by example, not by making snipey remarks and the general acrimony you exude in these forums.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
    Chuck, I know you are very upset that you've been passed over now twice for a seat on the BOD...and you've said plenty about how much *YOU* do...Like Jorge, You should be carefull not to cause serious heart related issue with your chest thumping! Like Jorge, you feel you have done so much...how can anyone not realize your great value(and it would be hard to ignore your constant "look at me..look at me")
    but you might just think about all this... WHY?....why did Milan get that position...why did Newton get the last one...and why will someone else get the next one. Just to help you out...I'll tell you this. The key to it is "selfless service"....None of the previous BOD..nor the incoming new members...have any agenda...just trying to do the right thing.
    As far as the "what I do tomorrow...well, I'm on my way out the door right now to snipe hunt...but I was pretty busy the last couple weeks seeing to the TMG "Youth hunt experience"....the previous organization who was holding it...dropped out and it was left for UW-F to make sure that the youth hunt happened....and thankfully, with the assistance of some great commited people...I was able to pull it off on such short notice. I would have never mentioned it...but since you always seem so preoccupied with what * I'M* doing...Just like that snotty e-mail you sent me telling my 7 years as Treasurer of UW-F was "nothing"...I can assure you that I'm doing plenty for floridas youth and waterfowlers...but unlike some ...don't need bullet points on my resume...or to add more to my signature line so people will think I'm somebody special.
    I'm retired and doing EXACTLY what I want...hunt and fish almost every morning...and I add in the odd meeting that is in my area and that I have something to say about....Or like Locanto...and the circle B bar meetings...and the KCOL meetings...if I'm asked for help.

Remember Chuck..." Empty boxes make the most noise"...

PS...I know you are "tired of hearing me prattle on"....but as long as you put yourself out there...someone will be willing to pull on your cape their Superman!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    When you finish jumping back over the fence again Chuck, remember; there are more folks over here than just Newton. And Newton is nice to everyone, doesn't matter if he likes you or not.

youth_hunt_2012-3669.jpg

Joe's efforts, taking over the TM Goodwin Youth Hunt made many a kid happy. He wonderfully executed the planning of the event, stepping up to the plate at the last minute after it was called, nothing having been planned at that point. The event went flawlessly, 50 kids and parents spent the night before at Camp Blackbelly, bonfire and all. Many 'friends' stepped up and volunteered to help. Pizza Saturday night thanks to our friends at Brevard County Airboat Association, bonfire prep thanks to Capt. Scott and Capt. Lou. Lunch coming out of the marsh thanks to Darryl Jacobs. Grill and lighting thanks to Brevard County Ducks Unlimited and Tony Rushing. Duck calls for the kids thanks to the many donations we received from one very kind family and their friends. It was a 'TEAM' effort.

Bonfire Safety talk thanks to FWC, followed by a talk on Conservation and Sportsmanship.

youth_hunt_2012-3678.jpg

youth_hunt_2012-3684.jpg

All for the kids...happy kids.

youth_hunt_2012-3702.jpg

youth_hunt_2012-3715.jpg

It takes many 'friends' that actually will 'volunteer' to put on events like this one Chuck. You should remember that.

Hitch
    Help us fix Wetlands

Join UW-F
    www.uw-f.org

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    How can you make this type of statement?
    Dulifer-No one at UW-F misses you

Is this the same process you use when you speak on behalf of the 600 hunters in Florida?Or just the 6 BOD's

Proceed to party...
    I'm over the BoD passing me over Joe. I know why I was passed over and it has nothing to do with being selfless or selish and everything to do with not seeing eye to eye with you guys. It has everyting to do with being friendly with Jorge and Alex and with blowing the whistle on the backroom BS that went on before the winter meeting at Marsh Landing. I'm fine with it at this point. I would rather be passed over and labled as one of the malcontents than to compromise my principles or remain silent about something I felt was deceitful. You and I both know I'm not running my own agenda around here and that I am doing selfless work. No chest pounding from me. No calls for recognition. Just updates on what's transpired and what's coming next.

As far as chest thumping, the only chest thumping I see going on is yours. How many posts in the last month have been about you telling everyone how long you've been involved and how much you've done? And now, you put together a last minute youth hunt because the Brevard guys didn't want to pony up for whatever reason. Good for you. Just quit acting like it's the cure for cancer. You saw a need and filled it - that's what you're supposed to do... selflessly. Instead you and John keep throwing it up on posts like people should be kissing your **** over it. Honestly, I don't know why UWF wasn't in charge of it to begin with seeing as how it is a youth duck hunt and we're all about the youth of our sport. Seems only logical it should be taken over by UWF.

And to you John, don't even begin to tell me or presume I don't know what it takes to put together an event. You may recall who conceived, coordinated, chaired, cooked for and supervised last year's Outdoor Youth Experience which was attended by over 200 people. While you sat on your **** under the pavilion talking about how great UWF is and bragging on your decoys, I was running all over the place making sure everything was happening as scheduled, cooking for everyone, and busting my hump from bfore daylight to after dark. Sure we had some good volunteers and it couldn't have gone down without them. But it wasn't all UWF-ers coming to help.

I know we had Randy, Jim & Sid, Dan Daniels, Pat Stone, you and a few others who came to help and I was very greatful for all the hard work each volunteer put in as every job was important. But there were many more non UWF-ers there too and they were every bit as much a part of the success of the even as our members were. That's something I don't lose track of, no matter which group's name happens to be on the event title.

The time is drawing close to do it again (May 12.) Phil Walters, Lee Chamberlain and I have already begun contacting people to help display and do seminars, cook, help with the fishing dock, canoes, gun ranges, etc... If you want to be helpful, you can start by setting up the webpage on the CC acount so we can start registering people and receiving donations. I will have a list of activities and the full itinereary posted this afternoon. Let's not wait until 45 days before the event to get the registration page up like we did last year.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I can see this is going to be a long hot summer until duck season comes back....

A lot of this should be on the UW-F Members Forums....Please use some good judgement....

Incidentally.... on a more positive note...I have sent out 12 UW-F FIRST DUCK PINS in the last two days for young hunters...most of them at UW-F Sponsored events...STA 1 W, Merritt Island NWR and TM Goodwin....Almost 200 youngsters, family and their adult supervisiors were feted with a free lunch and free raffles for all the kids....including some nice prizes...ie hog hunts and shotguns....

If you just read these forums you miss out on the 95% of what UW-F does all year....
    Newton you are a good man and a heck of an advocate but sometimes it is better to just let us go at it. I appreciate all you do for the organization and for me, but this one you need to stay out of the crossfire.