Skip to main content
Home South General Fishing & The Outdoors

Kayak fishing Flamingo

century2600century2600 Junior MemberLive in Weston and mostly fish out of Haulover.Posts: 16 Greenhorn
I want to try my hand at fishing Flamingo from a kayak. Anyone willing to share some spots, tackle tips and some general info? Same day trip, not ready for any overnighter.

Replies

• YaksquatchYaksquatch Senior Member PanhandlePosts: 499 Deckhand
    Take a look in the kayak section of the forums. In particular, pay attention to palmbeachpete's posts!

Good luck!
    Alex
  • CookinmanCookinman Senior Member Coral SpringsPosts: 880 Officer
    Good advive above on the forum to watch. Flamingo right now is a good fishery. Simply drive to the end of the road ( primitive campground) Launch and fish the shoreline up to and around Joe Kemp Key nd off into snake bight looking at any potholes you may see. I have always donewhite artificials here...Best part is also just to launch and explore. hard to go wrong W Winter in Flamingo...
  • doctodddoctodd Member Posts: 84 Deckhand
    Im no expert at Flamingo, but if u launch at the main ramp, as soon as you exit the basin you can turn left(east) and head towards the no motor zone. You will pass a small bridge and pier that the LEO's and FWC employees use. Dont board the pier or you may be fined. But the fishing is great around it, and further towards the no motor zone that is east. They will provide you with a map as you enter the park. There is also another ramp that goes inland into some marsh. I dont know much about that area. Follow advice above.
  • century2600century2600 Junior Member Live in Weston and mostly fish out of Haulover.Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Thanks I really appreciate the advice. Now I have to figure out the details of what I need to bring along in regards to fishing gear and personal effects. I also need to rig the kayak for this type of outing. Any suggestions as to some must have items?
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Senior Member Pompano Beach, FL.Posts: 2,060 Captain
    Theres an app for that---Paddle Craft section
  • troutbomtroutbom Senior Member Posts: 417 Deckhand
    Jigs tipped with shrimp is best bet for winter fishing variety. In channels and cuts make sure to fish it on bottom and work it slowly.
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Senior Member The City of ProgressPosts: 9,612 Admiral
    don't do it. kayak fishing in mingo is horrible.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • SaltysackSaltysack Senior Member Pompano Beach, FlPosts: 463 Officer
    :funnypost Contact Mangohunter11....he'll let ya know what you need find out. His mail gets delivered to an oyster bar out there. But, like everyone says...no motor zone is the place. And posting this in the "Fishin Report" section...I'm surprised you have gotten any good feed back. Good luck!