Native Ultimate 14.5???

Hey guys my grandpa is going to be getting a native ultimate 14.5 with the foot system. I gota say this kayak looks great. Tones of mounting and storage space. I will probably be using it more than him :grin I was just wandering if any one has any rigging ideas for it or any pictures or vids thank everyone! also if anyone has boat launches in venice or sarasota it would be great i want to get him on some fish :D. I was thinking launching from VAMO off of Midnight Pass. Alright Thanks Everyone.
Sarasota,Fl 
Fishing, Photography, Life

Replies

• ifishifish Posts: 132 Deckhand
    try looking at the members kayak section for rigging ideas
  • ifishifish Posts: 132 Deckhand
    the more you fish on it the more ideas youll get and learn what works for you
  • YaksquatchYaksquatch Posts: 499 Officer
    Start simple and work your way up. Just bring 1 or 2 rods per person, and maybe a milkcrate with PVC ziptied in for rod holders. The more you go, the more you'll figure out what and where you want to attach things.

Good luck!
    Alex
  • krashkrash Posts: 627 Officer
    Here is one a buddy of mine had, sold it not that long ago.. but rigged about as rigged as you could think of.

PI7-16-2010005.jpg
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,947 Captain
    Thats Prety Insane XD thanks for sharing.
    krash wrote: »
    Here is one a buddy of mine had, sold it not that long ago.. but rigged about as rigged as you could think of.

PI7-16-2010005.jpg
    Sarasota,Fl 
  • flhookerflhooker Posts: 300 Officer
    Tell gramps he might want to rethink. If your talking about the Propel model I had the 16 Ultimate Propel and hated the thing! I sold it as fast as I could and went with the Hobie Outback. What a difference! The Ultimates are a canoe and not that much more!!! The Propel system was hard on the lower back too. We all learn from mistakes. As far as rigging goes less is more!!!
  • fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,947 Captain
    The kayak guide at our local tackle shop says he will pickup a native over his Hobie anyday he hates his outback .
    flhooker wrote: »
    Tell gramps he might want to rethink. If your talking about the Propel model I had the 16 Ultimate Propel and hated the thing! I sold it as fast as I could and went with the Hobie Outback. What a difference! The Ultimates are a canoe and not that much more!!! The Propel system was hard on the lower back too. We all learn from mistakes. As far as rigging goes less is more!!!
    Sarasota,Fl 
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    They both are nice kayaks. You will not find one kayak that everyone likes. The new prop on the Propel drive unit is a big improvement over the older one and the Hobies get better each year.