Largo/ Islamorada Reports?

anyone been fishing the keys lately? I think im going to take a day trip with a friend to Largo or Islamorada On Wednesday Any opinions on where to go? Anything happening at the bridges? Wouldn't mind getting my friend on his first **** if there are any around? Just looking for some guaranteed ( ya right) ..so im probably going to hit some bridges or channels ...Thoughts?

Replies

• tj5485tj5485 Posts: 139 Officer
    nothing?
  • ucfletchucfletch Posts: 42 Greenhorn
    Fishing has been slow hope the weather changes things a lot of kingfish on the reef.
  • 3bone3bone Posts: 79 Deckhand
    Informative Fishing reports are very secretive in the Keys for some reason. You can keep trying; but just ask someone in person and they will give you a "Deer in the Headlights" look, and not talk to you (It is very strange to see, again and again). You can try wading the flats on your own. www.threebone.com is my hobby website for roadside flats fishing (mostly bonefish related), information, how and where, fishing blog, reports, flies, and even a clean humor section. You can wade fish at Long Key State Park for flats species, near to your destination. Cudas, mackeral and sharks are probably available, unless it is a warm water day, then bonefish, permit, and tarpon may show up.

[email protected]
  • captrvcaptrv Posts: 146 Officer
    Patch reefs will be great when the wind lays down a bit. Edge will be good also depending on your boat size.
    This wind is killing me. Is it summer yet
  • TavernierGuyTavernierGuy Posts: 917 Officer
    Lots of Kingfish. We have been getting our share of Yellowtail.
  • kbkeyskbkeys Posts: 691 Officer
    next front coming thru: wait for wind to come out of the north, head up inside to trout creek, mud creek and fish mullet muds or work the shorelines, reds very good and a few snook too. trout and jacks in muds
  • ucfletchucfletch Posts: 42 Greenhorn
    I can tell you were to get a **** pm me
    thanks guys,,ended up staying here because of the weather. Hitting Gvt Cut in Miami tomorrow night if Weather dies down a bit. Ill post a report if I make it out.
    Thanks again.
  • Reel TeaseReel Tease Posts: 657 Officer
    Your best bet in the keys is going to be targeting yellowtail. They have been really thick lately and they are big. as far as, off the bridges, I have no clue :shrug

Hope this weather clears up, Goodluck