Yozuri Crystal 3D Shrimp

jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,296 Moderator
143_YZ_Crystal%203D%20Shrimp.jpg
Lures are designed to catch fishermen right?
I bought one of these last night and cannot wait to try it next weekend. Has anyone tried them yet?
Hobie Kayak angler for life!

Replies

• mds169mds169 Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    I'm curious as well!
  • sharkatak1089sharkatak1089 Posts: 6,407 Officer
    wow....where'd you find it?
    I am choice.
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.
  • paddlepaddle Posts: 31 Deckhand
    I'll stick with DOA.
  • cranker789cranker789 Posts: 250 Deckhand
    I would definitly eat that thing
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,296 Moderator
    everyone likes DOA, but i've been 50/50 successful on either DOA shrimp or a small white twitchbait from yozuri, so i figured this hard-bodied shrimp model would be the best of both worlds. Saw it in the iCast report on FS last fall, and they're trickling into stores like D|ck's and Captain Harry's now. BUT at $13 each, this is a first and last for quite a while. Thank god for that $10 coupon i found under the couch....
  • paddlepaddle Posts: 31 Deckhand
    I guess we never outgrow getting new toys. I'll probably pick one up myself and give it a try around Mosquito Lagoon. I guess we still gotta work it slow like a DOA shrimp which is why I kinda like to use it. I can cast and let it sit while I either position the yak better, or just look around for anything moving past me. $13 is about the price of a twelve pack and I doubt the Yo Zuri will give me a headache, so I guess it's a win, win situation.
  • Android77Android77 Posts: 474 Deckhand
    Looks good but i think the treble hooks will be nothing but problems where I would use a shrimp style bait.
  • YanceyMYanceyM Posts: 113 Officer
    I've got three of them. The UV ones tend to work the best. It's like the trout can't help but hit it.
  • Alvin AAlvin A Posts: 315 Deckhand
    Gonna get some !
    Weld-Craft 1656 Tunnel, Yamaha F70, Garmin 547xs.
  • PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
    I got 2 to try out about 6 months ago I gave one to Saltysack and kept the other I think they were selling for 10 bucks... I caught way to many lady fish with them. Picked up a few trout.. They work....
    sfkglogo.pngadrenalinelogo.pngjimyjigslogo.jpgaccuratelogo.png
  • easydayseasydays Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    The 3D shrimp is a suspending style of lure. Just like their 3D minnow. It works best with a jerk,jerk pause style of retreive. The pause is the important factor. 99.9% of the strikes occur on the pause. The trick is to figure out if the pause should be short or a longer pause. The fish will tell you.
  • defmonkeydefmonkey Posts: 56 Deckhand
    killer bait i have all colors in both sizes... the gold and copper small ones work the best
  • Captain YakCaptain Yak Posts: 679 Officer
    defmonkey wrote: »
    killer bait i have all colors in both sizes... the gold and copper small ones work the best
    What are you mainly catching on them and where are you using them?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If you don't lose, you will eventually win.
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
    YouTube - SoFlo Kayak Fishing
    Valente Brother's Jiu-Jitsu Fort Lauderdale
  • defmonkeydefmonkey Posts: 56 Deckhand
    What are you mainly catching on them and where are you using them?

I've caught plenty of trout and ladies on them all from small to large .... random things I also caught on them are also flounder bluefish pompano silver trout jacks......
  • One more castOne more cast Posts: 145 Officer
    sounds like I'm about to blow a quick 30-40 bucks this weekend!
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,178 Captain
    Very interesting......just a couple of days ago I was wandering a fishing tackle section and stopped in my tracks when I saw the 3D shrimp.
    After a long pause I have begun to fish more-the evolution in lure design is amazing.They sure do "catch" me!
    $$$$$$ too,kind'a like a $6 pint of beer.
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • BobbkkatBobbkkat Posts: 141 Officer
    Just bought one over at bass pro, cant wait to try it out!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.unfairlures.com

Hobie_Team_Avitar.gif
  • RizanglerRizangler Posts: 147 Deckhand
    They look sweet but pretty $$$.
    Most my success have been on Gulp shrimp either on jigs or weekless with a large worm hook.
    Peer pressure will eventually have me buying one of these...hmm; ultra violet.
    20' Blue Wave
    12' Hobie Outback
    13' Native Slayer Propel
    Bumping an old thread since i got to try mine last weekend.
    The diving lip on these plus the treble means you must be slow on the retrieve in the grass unless you want to dredge up the foliage. That aside the trout didnt want to play that morning, but i caught 4 small barracuda in about an hour, so i know this lure has potential.
    Potential confirmed: fished with the crystal shrimp exclusively today, caught 2 ladyfish, 3 catfish, and one massive snook. I am going to buy another one next weekend!
  • Captain YakCaptain Yak Posts: 679 Officer
    jcanracer wrote: »
    Potential confirmed: fished with the crystal shrimp exclusively today, caught 2 ladyfish, 3 catfish, and one massive snook. I am going to buy another one next weekend!
    Had the rootbeer color in my basket at Walmart, but just couldn't reason with the $13 price... Might have to go back and get one. What color are you using?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If you don't lose, you will eventually win.
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
    YouTube - SoFlo Kayak Fishing
    Valente Brother's Jiu-Jitsu Fort Lauderdale
    White color, i think its called holographic ghost