Best Mono for Spinning Set-up

Looking for opinions on the best brand of mono for a spinning outfit. I am bringing the family for our 3rd trip to Marathon in April and will mostly be fishing for snappers on the patches or main reef (wind permitting!) or gulf side for whatever is hungry. I was planning on spooling my spinning outfits with 15 lb mono. I always us a florocarbon leader ahead of the mono. The last two years I used Berkley Big Game for my main line but thought that line was kind of stiff. I am from Wisconsin and use Trilene XL for my spinning outfits here but wasn't sure if that line would hold up well to the rigors of saltwater fishing. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!
My rod and my reel, they comfort me..... St. Pete:12# Test

Replies

• Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    Many Florida anglers swear by Ande. I like it and have used it for over 40 years. It is a medium stiff good all around mono, with good knot strength. Moimoi has a following too, but I think it is a bit pricier than Ande.
    .......Rick
  • CaptBillCaptBill Posts: 271 Officer
    I fished with a highly respected Key West guide recently who enthustically recommended suffix siege for spinning reels.( He was not sponsored by suffix). I am going to try it in the spring.