Recreational Angler Fishing Data

The Feb issue of Florida Sportsman ConFron section has an article about recreational anglers logging their catch data in a program called the Angler Action Program (AAP).
I encourage all of you to read the article, and visit www.angleraction.org (or www.snookfoundation.org) to learn about the AAP. Bottom line is, we have before us an unprecedented opportunity to give real-time, accurate data to fishery managers, biologists, and other interested groups.
Currently the targeted species are redfish, spotted sea trout, snook, permit, tarpon, and bonefish. Snapper and grouper are on the way-
When you log in, you will notice that there are club affiliations you can log under. There is now a FS Forum section – let’s make this the largest data sub-set. We can easily parcel that data to show fishing results by region, or species – I’ll report some of those results over the coming months here on the forum.
If you already log your catches, thank you. If you don’t, why not?
Finally, if you would like someone from the Snook & Gamefish Foundation to visit your club or organization to give a presentation on how and why to use the AAP, PM, email or call me and we’ll make it happen.
Stop by our booth at the FS shows and visit us too-

Thanks,
Brett Fitzgerald
[email protected]
561-707-8923
"A 'real' fisherman is one who thinks like I do. There are more of us around than you might suspect."
-John Gierach

Replies

• palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Thanks for all the hard work Brett. I log mine.
  • FrisbeeFrisbee Posts: 2,315 Officer
    And to counter all the fish Pete catches I log mine too.
  • brettfitzbrettfitz Posts: 438 Deckhand
    Ha ha Frisbee - I've got that covered too.

But in all seriousness, thank you. Those "zero catch" trips are gold when it comes to statistical validity. People like you and Pete are doing a great service for all of us rec anglers. Keep logging 'em!
    "A 'real' fisherman is one who thinks like I do. There are more of us around than you might suspect."
    -John Gierach