How do you like the new lay out?

The new fourm is up and running. I like to here what you all think. We have added a kayak classifieds, where you can try to sell your personnel kayak and accessories at no charge. I am looking for ways to make it better for all paddle fisherman and ladys.

Replies

• Android77Android77 Posts: 488 Deckhand
    it sucks you cant see when the last post was without going to each category. Its been around for a long time without all the advertising and now thats all there is.
  • FogelFogel Posts: 374 Officer
    Android77 wrote: »
    it sucks you cant see when the last post was without going to each category. Its been around for a long time without all the advertising and now thats all there is.

you can get banned around here for talk like that:nono
  • golflaxfishgolflaxfish Posts: 455 Deckhand
    well done to the guys (and gals) at FS!
    1970 23 Seabird
  • FrisbeeFrisbee Posts: 2,315 Officer
    High class and I guess I'll get better at navigating it fairly fast.
    Now could you ask someone to get rid of the Pop-up that keeps showing up whenever I try and "backpage" fast?
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    I cant do anything about the Pop-up. It will take a little time to learn but I think it is a big improvement.
    I like to here the thing that you like and don't like. Good and bad. That way I can try improve the fourm.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,333 Moderator
    Great layout for a desktop/laptop viewing, slightly worse for small tablets, and abysmal for cell phone browsers like myself. Now I won't be browsing at work anymore. nice going guys. Can you give me the old style forum through a mobile site?
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
    Way to busy.. I agree with android.,.
    sfkglogo.pngadrenalinelogo.pngjimyjigslogo.jpgaccuratelogo.png
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    I like it, looks great. Easy to navigate.
  • SaltysackSaltysack Posts: 463 Officer
    Pain in the **** for the first few visits. Getting better momentarily. Way to add some cleavage to the site too!
  • cranker789cranker789 Posts: 252 Deckhand
    I don't really like it.. At first, no motor zone was one forum section, then it was 5, now it's its own website? Idk.. A bit too much if ya ask me.. and looks like it still needs work with spacing, organization, etc... A link to the whole NMZ forum, instead of just one of the 5 different sections in NMZ would be better i think.. That way you could go into the different subsections without backing out to the bigger website layout.. And you could also see new posts easier that way..

Edit: Nevermind the spacing and organization comment, my other computer showed the website really unorganized..
  • jumboshrimpjumboshrimp Posts: 820 Officer
    new layout is horrible, its fun if I wanna spend 30 minutes or more browsing but if I just want to see what the newest post is in each category I'm ****ed.
  • LokiLoki Posts: 141 Officer
    I like it just fine. Perhaps have the fishing reports and meet up subpages combined because there is some cross posting on both.
  • EggsuckindogEggsuckindog Posts: 1,528 Officer
    Looks very good to me
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi
    dscf1243-1.jpg
  • levosgienlevosgien Posts: 164 Officer
    Saltysack wrote: »
    Way to add some cleavage to the site too!
    ahaha true.

Re: website feedback.
    In terms of usability I don't think linking to a webpage from a "Forum" link makes sense to new users, but that's not a huge deal.
    As mentioned earlier a place with "most recent" posts from the forum might be good, listing both when and form what forum the posts come from.
    I do like the notion of a NMZ "Home Page" with featured stories, videos, classifieds etc... The design is also nice. I guess it would make most sense it if was a landing page with links to the forum, as opposed to the "Forum" landing page.
  • FS BlairFS Blair Posts: 1,759 Admin
    jcanracer wrote: »
    Great layout for a desktop/laptop viewing, slightly worse for small tablets, and abysmal for cell phone browsers like myself. Now I won't be browsing at work anymore. nice going guys. Can you give me the old style forum through a mobile site?

For less than $5 you can get the Tapatalk app, it's designed for forums and the use on phones. All you see are the forum threads, no web content.
  • flhookerflhooker Posts: 300 Officer
    Just got to fix things that aren't broke...
  • krashkrash Posts: 648 Officer
    A bit confused at first, but after a couple back/fwd clicks I figured it out...

Very Nice.. good job
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,403 Admiral
    honest opinion ? it sucks.
  • paddlejaxpaddlejax Posts: 229 Officer
    Not a fan. As soon as I get used to this layout, it will change again. The forum sure isn't the same as it was a few years ago.
  • blazing_reelsblazing_reels Posts: 589 Officer
    I am going to have to agree with it sucks. How about asking us what we would like or prefer our site to look like? If you want to see if any new posts were made then you have to go through each and every forum to see. Wayyy too time consuming. How about asking the ones who use the site/make reports/posts. We know FS gets paid for advertising and what not. I agree with Paddlejax....every time we get used to the forum it gets changed. We are the reason this forum is here??? Right?? How about some input Blair...
  • GregHGregH Posts: 248 Deckhand
    I am going to have to agree with it sucks. How about asking us what we would like or prefer our site to look like? If you want to see if any new posts were made then you have to go through each and every forum to see. Wayyy too time consuming. How about asking the ones who use the site/make reports/posts. We know FS gets paid for advertising and what not. I agree with Paddlejax....every time we get used to the forum it gets changed. We are the reason this forum is here??? Right?? How about some input Blair...

It is not user friendly. Polls have been created with an overwhelming response that there are too many subforums. They do not listen.

More clicks = more ad revenue. That's how ebusiness works. With that said, besides my subscription I don't pay a cent for this forum or to FS. So can't really ***** and moan about it. My decision if I want to stay around here.
  • krashkrash Posts: 648 Officer
    Just read something in this months rag about it.. Progress
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • jumboshrimpjumboshrimp Posts: 820 Officer
    FS Blair wrote: »
    For less than $5 you can get the Tapatalk app, it's designed for forums and the use on phones. All you see are the forum threads, no web content.

Is there an app like that for use on desktops? no web content would be just stellar :thumbsup
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,245 Captain
    Thanks for asking. I liked the old one better. As someone posted already..."too busy".
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,333 Moderator
    I didnt understand the entirety of the new style till yesterday when i went to the main FS sit and not the forum. It also has the new layout...and i still dont like it. But i guess thats why the forum has no choice but to conform eh?
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • NSByakNSByak Posts: 424 Officer
    Absolutely awful. I understand that you guys are doing this from a revenue standpoint. Maybe that will work short term, but the lack of usability now will end up driving people away. Forums are supposed to flow, this does not even come close to flowing. Does nobody understand how a web site should be designed from a navigational standpoint? I know the site is free and I get a ton of good info from here, but if this continues I will certainly be limiting my time here. I'd rather pay a small subscription fee and have it back to the way it was, thats how bad the new design is.
  • GregHGregH Posts: 248 Deckhand
    NSByak wrote: »
    Forums are supposed to flow, this does not even come close to flowing. Does nobody understand how a web site should be designed from a navigational standpoint? I know the site is free and I get a ton of good info from here, but if this continues I will certainly be limiting my time here. I'd rather pay a small subscription fee and have it back to the way it was, thats how bad the new design is.

This .....
  • blazing_reelsblazing_reels Posts: 589 Officer
    Why is everything always about the all mighty $ Do people really care more about $ then anything else ? For less then 5$....you can buy this app thingy to do away with all the crap...ALWAYS about the $
  • fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,953 Captain
    I dont like it ..
    Sarasota,Fl 
    Fishing, Photography, Life
  • paddlepaddle Posts: 31 Deckhand
    I love it. It's not as "busy" looking as the old one. "Bam" everything I need to look at and a few ads that might interest me every now and then.