Is This What We've Been Waiting For?

Replies

• Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    So what do ya think?
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • keylargo359keylargo359 Posts: 1,249 Officer
    I like the front page They did a great job on that. The south region seems a bit large

I Take that back just looked again and I thought the ten K Islands was part of the south
    The worst day of fishing is still better than the best day of work:\
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain
    Got TA Go wrote: »
    So what do ya think?

meh_cat.jpg
    meh_cat.jpg

:funnypost

:rotflmao

I did at least have to "chuckle" out loud when I saw that pic. :grin

• GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    Looks good to me!
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
    FWIW... I like it well enough.

Adds some more content to the individual sections and doesn't disrupt moving about from section to section.

I'm sure I'll find more things to like about it as I get time to explore. Just too busy with fishing and getting ready for the Key West Fishing Tournament awards dinner on Saturday to dive too deep into it yet.

Rob

• GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,790 Admin
    meh_cat.jpg

I wish I could say I am surprised. Nothing's changed except more content and integration with the magazine. What's not to like? No added clicks-just content.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,513 Moderator
    Just another click to get here, and more clicks to get to another section. KISS
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain
    Griz,
    I didn't say I don't like it but, after the build up, it's a bit underwhelming. You hit the nail on the head - "nothing's changed".

It's a nice new gateway to the Regional sections and will increase traffic from people visiting the FS main website. However, it doesn't fix the problem of a fragmented forum with too many sections that is difficult to navigate. I'm not surprised as you and Blair don't view that as a "problem" despite 90% of the people that actually use the forum thinking it is.

So, when specifically asked "what I think", my response is what you might expect when "nothing's changed". I assume that's what you meant when you said you're not surprised?
    So, when specifically asked "what I think", my response is what you might expect when "nothing's changed". I assume that's what you meant when you said you're not surprised?

I still like the pic, only made better knowing you since I can see you sayin' that. :grin

• cudjoe cudacudjoe cuda Posts: 32 Greenhorn
    I like it! Plus if you look at the articles many are the ones that get asked over and over and ov..........(insert beating dead horse smiley here)
    Andros Cuda 23'
    200 Suzuki
  • zatarazatara Posts: 173 Officer
    Rob the same girl with Avon products. I have to say I have been fooled by Avon many a time.
  • kempsharkkempshark Posts: 125 Deckhand
    Actually I liked the old format better. There you could see when the latest post was made in each section. Now you have to go to that section, just to possibly find out there are no new posts made since you last visited. I think we keep trying to improve something that worked fine to begin with......more sections to search through for the same information, and no updates until you actually open that section. I still liked just having the general section and the fishing report section. I don't foresee the other sections really seeing that much traffic. Just my two cents.....probably not worth one cent.....but still felt like voicing it.

And what's with all the scroll bars on the posts? Having to scroll down to read a one line response is just a little annoying!!!:banghead
    Nah.....I'll eat Hellmann's. :wink
  • TeamTekeTeamTeke Posts: 969 Officer
    The page is interesting but just another extra click for me. I long for the old days.

Again to Griz and Blair---would you please change your picture posting software so that non-registered forum viewers can see pictures. Most people do not understand why they cannot see the photos and will close or leave the site. This does not help your viewership. I post with Photobucket and all can see. Go back to two sections per area.
    Happiness is the journey, not the destination.
  • mikeloewmikeloew Posts: 337 Deckhand
    kempshark wrote: »
    Actually I liked the old format better. There you could see when the latest post was made in each section. Now you have to go to that section, just to possibly find out there are no new posts made since you last visited. I think we keep trying to improve something that worked fine to begin with......more sections to search through for the same information, and no updates until you actually open that section. I still liked just having the general section and the fishing report section. I don't foresee the other sections really seeing that much traffic. Just my two cents.....probably not worth one cent.....but still felt like voicing it.
    And what's with all the scroll bars on the posts? Having to scroll down to read a one line response is just a little annoying!!!:banghead

X2, I like the old format better. JMO
    Marathon vacation home for rent

http://www.floridakeyshomeforrent.com/
  • big_tbig_t Posts: 588 Officer
    ^ what they said
  • urbanRenewalurbanRenewal Posts: 395 Officer
    This might make me sound dumb but I never knew there was a page (or a new Page) Portal to the keys forums. I have direct shortcuts to the forum pages on my desktop and jump right to them.

However, I did look and my feedback is it’s a nice looking page but a little too “busy” and I see no reason to ever look at it again.

Tom
    Capt. Tom Urban, "urbanRenewal", Cudjoe Key, FL www.LooeKeyReefAdventures.com
  • pinfisherpinfisher Posts: 317 Deckhand
    This might make me sound dumb but I never knew there was a page (or a new Page) Portal to the keys forums. I have direct shortcuts to the forum pages on my desktop and jump right to them.

However, I did look and my feedback is it’s a nice looking page but a little too “busy” and I see no reason to ever look at it again.

Tom
    X2
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    X3
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • Yankee CaptsYankee Capts Posts: 905 Officer
    TeamTeke wrote: »
    The page is interesting but just another extra click for me. I long for the old days.

Again to Griz and Blair---would you please change your picture posting software so that non-registered forum viewers can see pictures. Most people do not understand why they cannot see the photos and will close or leave the site. This does not help your viewership. I post with Photobucket and all can see. Go back to two sections per area.

Very poor decesions here lately. Easy is better!

Greg