Flag Yellows Key Largo VIDEO / REPORT

Saturday morning I (Carlos Junior) wake up and start prepping the boat for some Trout fishing in the bay with Mike, When we receive a phone call from his father Moe and my Father Carlos Sr. Moe says "you boys want to get whooped this week on the yellowtail?" We start laughing and say there is no way you'll whoop us man, we gave you a whooping last week on the Hogs. Sure enough we unpacked the boat and headed towards Key Largo.
We get to the keys pack up the boat, filler with gas, prep the rods, load the coolers ( of course only me and mike are doing this ) and started heading out around 3pm with plenty of trash talking on the boat. we get to our #'s in 80ft around 3:45pm and the current is ripping! It looked like a river!! as we set up the bait and Chum Sure enough the "Older Team" grab the two best spots on the boat. They start whooping us from the beginning. The Yellow tail were really far from the boat, but they were huge. Many over 20". The sharks were a real pain, so we had to man handle the yellows onto the boat. You'll see some of the yellows look like they are water skiing, we brought them up so fast LOL. We finished fishing around 5:45pm and headed back to the dock, threw some more ice on the fish and decided to filet them in the morning since we owed our fathers some rounds at the bar. ENJOY the Video and Photos

-for the Yellowtail we used the little weighted hooks on a small piece of Ballyhoo.

Overall we managed 37 yellows. Me and Mike lost by 1 fish, We will be back at it again!

-Carlos Junior

Replies

• TavernierGuyTavernierGuy Posts: 917 Officer
    Nice fat fish, great eats! How many blocks of chum did you blow through?

Reel Tease wrote: »
    Saturday morning I (Carlos Junior) wake up and start prepping the boat for some Trout fishing in the bay with Mike, When we receive a phone call from his father Moe and my Father Carlos Sr. Moe says "you boys want to get whooped this week on the yellowtail?" We start laughing and say there is no way you'll whoop us man, we gave you a whooping last week on the Hogs. Sure enough we unpacked the boat and headed towards Key Largo.
    We get to the keys pack up the boat, filler with gas, prep the rods, load the coolers ( of course only me and mike are doing this ) and started heading out around 3pm with plenty of trash talking on the boat. we get to our #'s in 80ft around 3:45pm and the current is ripping! It looked like a river!! as we set up the bait and Chum Sure enough the "Older Team" grab the two best spots on the boat. They start whooping us from the beginning. The Yellow tail were really far from the boat, but they were huge. Many over 20". The sharks were a real pain, so we had to man handle the yellows onto the boat. You'll see some of the yellows look like they are water skiing, we brought them up so fast LOL. We finished fishing around 5:45pm and headed back to the dock, threw some more ice on the fish and decided to filet them in the morning since we owed our fathers some rounds at the bar. ENJOY the Video and Photos

-for the Yellowtail we used the little weighted hooks on a small piece of Ballyhoo.

Overall we managed 37 yellows. Me and Mike lost by 1 fish, We will be back at it again!

-Carlos Junior

• action88action88 Posts: 197 Officer
    awsome--I love that ya'll have so much fun, brings back memories of yellowtailing with my dad and grandpop, after all fishing is suppost to be FUN...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Capt Brian Gwilliam

www.fishingislamoradaflorida.com
  • ElPatoLocoBPSElPatoLocoBPS Posts: 86 Greenhorn
    Wow great day on the water
  • NVMataNVMata Posts: 157 Deckhand
    YOOO Hech whatsup bro its nick mata. Great catch brotha keep it up hoping to go out this weekend to go catch some Flags :) cant believe you guys lost "/ but its all about the good times and memories. Tight Lines give me call some time and will do some fishing. Hope all is well.
  • mikeymikemikeymike Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Whats up everyone, finally got on the forum good to be here. This is mike Reel Tease's partner in crime when it comes to fishing. As far as chum goes we probably wen through the equivalence of 3 blocks. But we use a 25 lb block that way we don't have to worry about having to change it out. Hope this helps and thanks for all the support.

TIGHT LINES EVERYONE :fishing
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    mikeymike wrote: »
    Whats up everyone, finally got on the forum good to be here.

Mike....Welcome to the FSFF! :beer

Oh...Nice catching! :grin

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • reeladventuresreeladventures Posts: 304 Officer
    Great job out there! Glad to see y'all having a good time!
    2015 Hewes Redfisher18
  • Reel TeaseReel Tease Posts: 657 Officer
    Thank you everyone for taking the time to comment, Really appreciate it!

MikeyMike: Welcome aboard kiddo!

Nick: Whats up man long time dude, Good to see you on the forum. For sure we will hit the water soon or bump into each other out on the water. TightLines
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Officer
    Nice catching. Really enjoy your efforts on pics and vids :beer
  • acrite1999acrite1999 Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    u guys make good team..keep up the good work:thumbsup
  • FantasyDFantasyD Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Moe wow can believe its you on the video thats awesome...great fishing as usual ........ I saw your face and we like **** i know that guy..... its sad to see my boat across the canal bored without any fishing in about 4 months!!!! will try to go out soon!- Luisito
  • GreenngoldfeverGreenngoldfever Posts: 194 Officer
    Yeah Man, some of those tails are studs! Nice afternoon trip!!!