bass on okeechobee

I thought it was 18 inch and larger? so what is the size does bass have to be to retain??thanks

Replies

• badge368badge368 Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    14 inches up to 22 inches. You can keep one over 22 inches per man
  • cuckoocuckoo Posts: 107 Deckhand
    Bad info above...
    5 fish limit all over 18" and only one over 22" on the Lake, rim canal, and any water way up to the first structure... Unless your fishing a tourney and have exemptions.
    Specks minimum length is 10"...

From the book...

■■ Lake Okeechobee, including Harney Pond Canal (C-41) north
    of S.R. 78 to water control structure S-71; Indian Prairie Canal
    (C-40) north of S.R. 78 to water control structure S-72; all of Taylor
    Creek and Nubbin Slough; C-38 Canal/ Kissimmee River south of
    water control structure S-65E to S.R. 78, and C-41-A Canal, from
    the intersection of the C-38 Canal upstream to the S-84 structure,
    Okeechobee County: Black bass less than 18 inches in total length
    must be released immediately; crappie (speckled perch) less than
    10 inches in total length must be released immediately.
    God is great... Beer is good... And people are crazy!
  • the u of mthe u of m Posts: 48 Deckhand
    thaty's the way i read it thanks
  • saltwaterfngsaltwaterfng Posts: 39 Deckhand
    more importantly.... hows the fishing right now on Chobe? I live about 2 hr drive away and just cant justify the drive without knowing its hot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't keep what I catch and am not a tourney guy. Just wanna have fun. Feel free to post or pm me!

Thanks

Jimmy
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,389 Admiral
    more importantly.... hows the fishing right now on Chobe? I live about 2 hr drive away and just cant justify the drive without knowing its hot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't keep what I catch and am not a tourney guy. Just wanna have fun. Feel free to post or pm me!

Thanks

Jimmy

from the the reports I have heard ,its on fire.
    Where are you finding legit freshwater fishing reports? Not the ones posted by the guides who wanna get paid.. lol
  • cuckoocuckoo Posts: 107 Deckhand
    Can't really help as I haven't been out in awhile... Last time out during the fronts visited my old hole and found it had been sprayed to hell with out any vegetation left. Hit the pass and headed to Indian Praire to catch a fish. Non fishing buddy of mine fished a small tourney Sunday out of J&S ramp... He called midday asking for a suggestion as they had a small limit of 5 fish. Told him I had read some reports (from site below) of fish out in the grass on the Lake @ J&S and they should lock out. Said they didn't have time and would stay inside. His brother won the tourney in the grass! Bite should heat up with this weather...
    Check out this site for info...
    http://floridabassnetwork.com/
    God is great... Beer is good... And people are crazy!
    Cuckoo,

Thanks for the information. I am going to make the trip on thursday! Ill let you know how it goes!

J
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,389 Admiral
    Where are you finding legit freshwater fishing reports? Not the ones posted by the guides who wanna get paid.. lol

talking to avid tournament anglers @ the local tackle shop.
  • mrblugilmrblugil Posts: 807 Officer
    why would anyone want to keep a bass?