Vignetting Correction ?/Help

omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain
After I finished my limit of ducks yesterday I put the gun up and brought out the camera. After I got home I realized that I may have a good shot, but I've only got the kit 55-200 lens that came with the D5000, and there is a good deal of vignetting in the corners. When I take photoshop to it, 3 of the corners clear up nicely. The 4th, with the moon, leaves an off colored haze around that corner.

Is there anything else I can do? I'm not an expert in photoshop but any assistance you could provide would be great.

You can see here what I'm dealing with around the moon

Replies

• WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Looks pretty noisy, too. Noise reduction, sharpening and vignette correction should all be done in ACR before moving to Photoshop. Vignette correction is under the lens button, fifth button from the right on the screen shot you provide above.

That would be a start....of course you can always make a second layer and fix by hand.........
  • omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain
    Thanks, that screen print is awful. I've corrected the vignetting and got some advice on the purple glow around the moon. Here's the PP of it.

DSC_0342.jpg
  • GuidenetGuidenet Posts: 239 Officer
    Why not under lens corrections, correct for it there when out of ACR? Something is indeed weird about the way ACR is handling that. Or, why not leave the vignetting? I often like it. I know I like it better than what's around the moon there.

Another solution is to mask and remove the moon. Do your processing and put it back. That way you could move it a little to the left as well. I do that all the time with a moon.
    Nikon D800, D3S, D700, D300, Canon G1X, Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye, Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6, Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR, Nikon 28 f/1.8G AFS, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, Nikon 35-70 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR, Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 AFS VR, Nikon 35 f/2, Nikon 50 f/1.8 G, Nikon 60 f/2.8 G Micro, Nikon 85 f/1.4 AFS G, Nikon 105 f/2.5 AI, Sigma 150 f/2.8 APO Macro, Nikon 300 f/2.8 AFS VR, Nikon 500 f/4 -P, Interfit Stellar X complete six light studio