Skip to main content
Home Conservation Forums

Registration Numbers on Airboat

fishon101674fishon101674 MemberMelbourne, FlPosts: 33 Deckhand
Whats the law on registration numbers on an airboat? I have my registration numbers on both sides of the bow, but my yearly sticker is on the port side of the driver seat, were it is visable. I've seen were people only have them on the outsides, top of the rudders. I do understand why they put them up there, cause going thru tight trails, the shrubs and vegatation can scrape the lettering and stickers off. I've replaced mine plenty of times. Just wanting to know what the right way was. Thanks Billy

Replies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Senior Member Naples, FLPosts: 1,301 Officer
    (4) Each certificate of registration issued shall state among other items the numbers awarded to the vessel, the hull identification number, the name and address of the owner, and a description of the vessel, except that certificates of registration for vessels constructed or assembled by the owner registered for the first time shall state all the foregoing information except the hull identification number. The numbers shall be placed on each side of the forward half of the vessel in such position as to provide clear legibility for identification, except, if the vessel is an airboat, the numbers may be placed on each side of the rudder. The numbers awarded to the vessel shall read from left to right and shall be in block characters of good proportion not less than 3 inches in height. The numbers shall be of a solid color which will contrast with the color of the background and shall be so maintained as to be clearly visible and legible; i.e., dark numbers on a light background or light numbers on a dark background. The certificate of registration shall be pocket-sized and shall be available for inspection on the vessel for which issued whenever such vessel is in operation.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • fishon101674fishon101674 Member Melbourne, FlPosts: 33 Deckhand
    Thanks for the info.