Skip to main content
Home Photography Corner

Fantastic camera

Cane PoleCane Pole Senior MemberStuart, FLAPosts: 10,018 AG

Replies

• SeaNoEvilSeaNoEvil Senior Member Port St. Lucie, FLPosts: 126 Deckhand
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Senior Member Ocean Springs, Ms. (da coast)Posts: 4,222 Captain
    a large amount of people think they are great photogs because they have a $2K camera....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • CptMikeCptMike Banned Posts: 286 Officer
    The most important piece of equipment is the eye. Interesting that visual acuity coupled with imagination plays such a role before and after the shot. You can’t shoot something not first seen or imagined.

For the rest........there's luck.
  • GuidenetGuidenet Senior Member OrlandoPosts: 239 Officer
    a large person thinks he is an ok photog because he has a $3K camera....

Hey, I resemble that remark. It was aimed right at me. :huh :)
    Nikon D800, D3S, D700, D300, Canon G1X, Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye, Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6, Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR, Nikon 28 f/1.8G AFS, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, Nikon 35-70 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR, Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 AFS VR, Nikon 35 f/2, Nikon 50 f/1.8 G, Nikon 60 f/2.8 G Micro, Nikon 85 f/1.4 AFS G, Nikon 105 f/2.5 AI, Sigma 150 f/2.8 APO Macro, Nikon 300 f/2.8 AFS VR, Nikon 500 f/4 -P, Interfit Stellar X complete six light studio
  • JDR aka BlueJDR aka Blue Member Posts: 43 Deckhand
    great post.. my 2 hottest selling prints are from a d40x with the kit lens.
  • Cat n Tat's DuskyCat n Tat's Dusky Member Posts: 35 Deckhand
    a large amount of people think they are great photogs because they have a $2K camera....

So very true.
  • Cat n Tat's DuskyCat n Tat's Dusky Member Posts: 35 Deckhand
    great post.. my 2 hottest selling prints are from a d40x with the kit lens.

JD, you could take a picture with a disposable Walgreens film camera, and whoop up on most people with the $9,000 rigs.
    Thank you Sir. :beers:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  • JasnomJasnom Junior Member jensenPosts: 18 Greenhorn
  • BucYouUp68BucYouUp68 Senior Member St Pete Boat RampPosts: 1,183 Officer
    Having a Good eye in Photography is key, but sometimes having the right equipment is key also. I shot this from my Cell Phone, wish i had my DSLR.

6749995067_7bb34cb549_z.jpg
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

BucYouUp68................OUT

5831474064_7809a5b1b4_o.jpg
    Verkin bad ****. Kudos.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  • kudzukudzu Senior Member Jacksonville, FLPosts: 245 Deckhand
    A major reason of why I quit shooting professionally. I realized that most people don't give a crap about quality and it's hard to compete when their friends are right next to you telling them they'll just give them all their pictures. I'd see people rave about out of focus shots. How do you compete against that? I was going to hire a monkey but was afraid I'd get hit by flying poo.
    Team Fishbusters
    Twitter @redfshwhisperer
    - Pelican Eclipse 116
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it." - Koos Brandt
  • ChuckcChuckc Senior Member Posts: 4,397 Captain
    Be glad you had your cell phone Buc, that's terrific.
  • Anclote KeyAnclote Key Senior Member New Port Richey, FLPosts: 2,354 Officer
    I love that quote. Had to borrow it for Facebook. The best photo to me is one that makes you feel something. That can be done with a 5K camera or a little 110 film camera from the 1970's.
    The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t. –Patrick F. McManus