I got outfished last night.

rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
I got home about 5:30 last night and my daughter Toni was the only one home. Rhonda was in school, Tori was working, and Garrett was "somewhere".
I was getting something to eat and asked Toni if she wanted anything.
She said, " Let's go fishing."
We loaded the kayaks in the truck and took off. Since I have had good luck in the same spot a couple times this week, we decided to try it again.
The wind was howling and you couldn't really see anything, but as soon as we get to where we were going, Toni casts a line out and "Wham"! Fish on!
She ended up with a 29" red.
We didn't stay much longer because the wind was a little strong and lighting in the distance appeared to be getting closer. We called it a night and came in.
I love getting outfished by my kids!
tonisred2.jpg
tonisred.jpg
From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!

Replies

• yak_angleryak_angler Posts: 2,584 Captain
    that's awesome...I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to go fishing with me
    5607_aa5e_zps24435aae.gif
  • levosgienlevosgien Posts: 164 Officer
    Veni vidi vici! Great catch.
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    Outstanding! images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdzb4iINsYdjD86-Em5cBcB3w0B6BdrWbaV7vbkYBfGiskQHH6

My 17 y/o daughter is always wanting to go fishing, but between Lacrosse tournaments, school projects and her social life, we never seem to get out on the kayaks.
    With my 10 y/o son it's a different story.................:\
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    WAY cool brother ! My daughter are 4 and 6....ahrd for me to get out of the house without em .....These days, they ride in the tankwell and this summer are also learning to snorkel and appreciate the ocean.....within a couple years they will be paddling their oen yaks, Im sure - I Cant wait !
  • flkayakanglerflkayakangler Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Nice catch!!! How olds your daughter?? :red:red
    http://www.floridakayakangler.com - Kayak Fishing Guide Robert Duerscheidt - Mosquito Lagoon, Indian River, NMZ - Member Since 2005
    http://www.healingourwoundedheroes.org/ - Healing our Wounded Heroes - 100% Non Profit Organization for taking wounded Veterans Fishing
  • acesoveracesover Posts: 552 Officer
    My girls, 18 and 27, don't fish, but the wife likes to meet me at the ramp when I am done fishing in the yak, and she takes the yak out for a paddle while I sit and have a beer or two. And yes, I know this thread is useless without pics.
    FYIWFG