Home Off Topic

2011 Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award

Bama WizBama Wiz Posts: 202 Officer
Congrats to Dabo Swinney on recieving the coach of the year award! Much deserved.

Replies

• aubuc1aubuc1 Posts: 490 Officer
    I thought he was the worst coach in the world. Well, that's what someone on here said.
  • peariverpeariver Posts: 855 Officer
    Congrats to Dabo
  • TumbleweedTomTumbleweedTom Posts: 1,987 Officer
    He may talk too much at times, and make some "off the mark" statements, but seems to be getting it done with the recruits..., and on the field.

And.., it's definitely working for him. Too say he's an idiot, worst coach in the league, etc.

Obviously.., at this point, is just wrong.

And.., doesn't make those people look too b*#[email protected] IMO

Congrats to Dabo.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." Tom Waits.
  • CoxsterCoxster Posts: 3,086 Captain
    Are all coaches in the country considered for that?
  • TumbleweedTomTumbleweedTom Posts: 1,987 Officer
    Coxster wrote: »
    Are all coaches in the country considered for that?

The Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award is an annual college football award given to the Division I Football Bowl Subdivision head coach whose team excels on the field, in the classroom, and in the community. The award is named for Bobby Dodd, longtime head football coach at Georgia Tech and was established in 1976 to honor the values that Dodd exemplified. Award recipients are chosen by a selection committee composed of college football experts and all previous recipients. The recipient is announced during half-time of Chick-fil-A Bowl on December 31 in Atlanta, Georgia. A formal presentation is held later, usually on the university campus of the recipient.

The Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award is an annual college football award given to the Division I Football Bowl Subdivision head coach whose team excels on the field, in the classroom, and in the community. The award is named for Bobby Dodd, longtime head football coach at Georgia Tech and was established in 1976 to honor the values that Dodd exemplified. Award recipients are chosen by a selection committee composed of college football experts and all previous recipients. The recipient is announced during half-time of Chick-fil-A Bowl on December 31 in Atlanta, Georgia. A formal presentation is held later, usually on the university campus of the recipient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Dodd_Coach_of_the_Year_Award

Joe Paterno's the only coach who's won the award twice.....'81 and '05
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." Tom Waits.
  • treetopflyntreetopflyn Posts: 3,937 Officer
    Bobby Dodd rolled over in his grave with that performance by Yabadabado and Clumpson last night. They should take the award back and give it 2 a deserving coach. A coach of the years ,or even a decent coach, team doesn't give up the most points EVER in a bowl game. The only award he should get is best recruiter ,for getting Watkins, and maybe even not that since Kevin steele is probably the one that recruited Watkins.
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    I don't think Dabo will be a repeat winner...............:grin..........he just embarrassed the selection committee
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

"2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,871 Admiral
    Whats funny is the Clemson staff was going to hang aroung South Florida this week and do some recruiting but after last night they flew out of here right after the game.