Home Off Topic

Birth of Stickman

2»

Replies

• hebegbhebegb Posts: 8,722 Officer
    Griz wrote: »
    I know. We've all weathered a lot in the last two years. If nothing else, seeing the old familiar faces makes it worth the heat.

Awwww shucks. :)
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Griz wrote: »
    I know. We've all weathered a lot in the last two years. If nothing else, seeing the old familiar faces makes it worth the heat.

You're welcome.

Happy New Year! :)
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,903 Admin
    Without a doubt THE FUNNIEST thread the internet has ever seen.

As they say . . .fixed it for you.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • springnutsspringnuts Posts: 1,354 Officer
    My stickers went bye-bye with my 98 ranger & 02 explorer. Only stickers on either of those vehicles.

Capt thread was AWESOME. I always liked Zamog's thread with the boxer/hamster murder scene too. Won Hung Lo's posts were hilarious also.
  • Ramblin' ReckRamblin' Reck Posts: 2,701 Officer
    Calusio won't like this, but I joined 5/22/02. I was approaching 10K posts, and preparing a special story (I don't know how to do pics). I met Jay (second time) at Collicutty's and bought a half dozen Stickman's. Paid generous cash for the charity. Posted a white one on the rear window of my Yukon.

A year or so later, I met the Coxster at a ceremony in Awbenny. As we were leaving and he approached from the rear, he blew his horn, along with his lovely bride, and she is lovely indeed, to say he had seen my Stickman! A special time indeed!!!

My Yukon and ol' Stickman, met an unneccessary fate. I promise, I'll have a white one on my F-150 tomorrow.

Back to Collicutty's. Ms. Dawn and Anglefish helped me load my peanut boiling apparatus in the Yukon. You boys try to top that one!!!

Sayin... :driver
    AuthorHouse.com

Walk.gif
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,919 Admiral
    That's a thick sailfish!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,957 Captain
    Although the Stickman logo may not represent FS magazine, the Wickstrom family or primedia.
    Stickman is the iconic cultural logo for this forums conceptual members.

Hopefully this will continue..............
  • james 14james 14 Posts: 3,084 Moderator
    Wow...I always wondered where that logo came from. I've seen it on several avatars and thought it was rather...err...unrefined to be an "official" avatar like some of the others that are used by multiple users.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,946 Admiral
    truck.jpg:hail:hail:beer:hail:hail And we Keep On Truckin :applause
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,957 Captain
    spinfreak wrote: »
    Gary...I'm smart enough, and respectful enough, to know not to pick an argument with you,

Chicken,wuss,****...............You won't get Gary's best until you challenge him, sometimes you have to make yourself short.
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    Calusio won't like this, but I joined 5/22/02. I was approaching 10K posts, and preparing a special story (I don't know how to do pics). I met Jay (second time) at Collicutty's and bought a half dozen Stickman's. Paid generous cash for the charity. Posted a white one on the rear window of my Yukon.

A year or so later, I met the Coxster at a ceremony in Awbenny. As we were leaving and he approached from the rear, he blew his horn, along with his lovely bride, and she is lovely indeed, to say he had seen my Stickman! A special time indeed!!!

My Yukon and ol' Stickman, met an unneccessary fate. I promise, I'll have a white one on my F-150 tomorrow.

Back to Collicutty's. Ms. Dawn and Anglefish helped me load my peanut boiling apparatus in the Yukon. You boys try to top that one!!!

I ain't upset Buddy! I bought jay's last two SouthWest Stickmans at that bash. Still have 'em!

Time for another bash!!!
    That's a big 10-4 good buddy!!!

Sayin... Reck
    AuthorHouse.com

Walk.gif
  • Its a fat striped sailing fish.

Just working from memory.:banghead I'm surprised that I still had it. The logo is dated '02. I had thought Rob Chapman did it but I can't make out the signature.

And hello, Badger.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Mud RangerMud Ranger Posts: 354 Deckhand
    Never put my stickman on a vehicle, still on the wall of my office :beer
  • SaltydawgSaltydawg Posts: 1,290 Officer
    Its a fat striped sailing fish.

Just working from memory.:banghead I'm surprised that I still had it. The logo is dated '02. I had thought Rob Chapman did it but I can't make out the signature.

And hello, Badger.

Rob did make it.
    Saltydawg wrote: »
    Rob did make it.

He did indeed. What happened to him? Nice guy - sent me some of his cool prints and T shirts.
  • http://www.robchapmanart.com/

I've got a couple of his fish/poker t shirts.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    Rob made a logo for the West Central Super Lure tourney. It looked a tad phallic.
  • spinfreakspinfreak Posts: 5,204 Admiral
    Its a fat striped sailing fish.

Just working from memory.:banghead

spinfreak - 1

GSC - 0

Mark it in stone, because a rematch is not necessary on such an epic match :grin
    Exiled Dungeon Master of The Freakshow :cool:
    YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP! Seriously. Do it for yourself and loved ones. You have issues
  • silverdawnlogo.jpg
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    Griz had brought me a few down for that 1st bash and I put one on the outside of my storage box on my tower. That same one is still there. :grin

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • CoxsterCoxster Posts: 3,086 Captain
    I had one on my truck, but during Dr. Obbins' finest hours, when this place was circling the drain, as I was removing another decal, I took it off, too. Reck's and LLN's vehicles were the only others ones where I saw one.
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    I got two from Jay about 4 yrs ago. One was on my Honda CRV (long gone) and another on my Ford Ranger. The ranger has been sitting in my driveway, and I drive the F250. Gonna need a few more...
    On my '89 F250

6060910200_9a6045e157_z.jpg
    Stickman afixed on the F-150, as promised!!! Man that's a delicate operation right there. I knew it went on the outside, but it seemed turned to go inside. I even tried to make that happen, but it just wouldn't work. I finally figgered it had to be double rubbed with a quarter.... once to make it stick to the peel-away, and again to make it stick to the window. Worked like a champ! My truck is dark green and the window is tinted, so that thing shines as if lighted. Lower driver's side corner. I believe you can see that baby from a 1/2 mile away! Thanks for bringing this up, Griz. I been gonna' do that for over a year.

AuthorHouse.com

Walk.gif