Marinading Spiny Lobster??

Last night I cooked 2 rib eye steaks that had been marinading in mojo. I caught lobster yesterday morning, so I decided to split 2 tails and drop them in the mojo after the steak was on the grill. I'm going to cook them tomorrow night after 48 hours marinade. I wonder if anyone else has tried this or something like it?

I'll post my opinion after dinner :)

Replies

• charlie tunacharlie tuna Posts: 730 Officer
    Kaptan K wrote: »
    Last night I cooked 2 rib eye steaks that had been marinading in mojo. I caught lobster yesterday morning, so I decided to split 2 tails and drop them in the mojo after the steak was on the grill. I'm going to cook them tomorrow night after 48 hours marinade. I wonder if anyone else has tried this or something like it?

I'll post my opinion after dinner :)
    Not much taste in Florida Lobster -- any marinate may easily cover the great taste of FRESH lobster.............
  • T TopT Top Posts: 3,706 Captain
    Mojo lobster? I'll pass but you never know. The only thing bugs need is butter and garlic.
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,920 Admiral
    I grill mine in an open front aluminum foil pouch with garlic butter. Do not over cook, it turns to rubber. When it turns opaque it is done.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    I like to split it and pull it out of the shell, but shell still attached (at tail). Dip in butter and seasoned with garlic sat, slap that bad boy on the grill, meat side down, and give it a good browning, then flip it onto the shell side to finish it off. Only thang it needs now is warm drawn butter.
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
  • SaltydawgSaltydawg Posts: 1,286 Officer
    First mistake was ruining your steaks with Mojo, a good cut of meat should not be marinated. The mojo lobster tails sounds terrible. Listen to got ants, he has the method.
  • Kaptan KKaptan K Posts: 90 Deckhand
    It wasn't bad. A good alternative to garlic butter if you're looking to have the tails a little more towards the healthy side.