Home Off Topic

Huey & Louie - Before & After

13»

Replies

• needsalth2oneedsalth2o Posts: 353 Officer
    Griz wrote: »
    What's the difference between Flank Steak and London Broil? I always thought they were the same.

From Wiki: Many American butchers will label a cut of meat "London broil". This is confusing as the term does not refer to a specific cut of meat, but a method of preparation and cookery. The cut of meat traditionally used is flank steak, but in recent years butchers have erroneously labeled top round steak/roast as London Broil

I have most commonly seen this as the top round.
  • pointerDixie214pointerDixie214 Posts: 5,658 Admiral
    Mmmmmmmm..... coowwwwww....

Had a pretty awesome steak tonight for dinner myself. Can't wait until I get another chest freezer and I can buy from 4H kids by bulk again.
    "Her beauty radiated like a beacon from a lighthouse!" - Buddy McCoy :hail
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
    Anyone want to see a photo of my meat?
    23895.gif
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    No.
  • T TopT Top Posts: 3,706 Captain
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    Microphotagraphy?
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    Tcubed, do you age the beef? If so, wet or dry?
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    GA Fin wrote: »
    Tcubed, do you age the beef? If so, wet or dry?

I haven't aged any of the beef afte getting it back from the butcher. He'll normally hang it for 2-3 weeks. I have seen some hanging in his cooler that some other customers requested that they hang much longer and they looked pretty rough.

I did give my BIL a whole bone in rib roast that he dry aged and cut into steaks. I didn't try any but he said it was awesome.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."