Traveling Fishing Tour Jackson Kayak Style

JaxyaksJaxyaks Posts: 20 Greenhorn
I have been planning my trip from Atlanta to the Keys and looking for places along the way that I want to stop and stay. I was thinking of
spending some time fishing Mosquito Lagoon as well as the area around Sebastian Inlet. Although I guide out of Georgia, the winters up
here are a little tough on the old kayak guides budget to say the least. So this year I am going to give it a shot doing some kayak tour
guiding and a little fishing down south. I thought since I was on the road that I would make a kayaking adventure out of it and maybe get
some good fishing in along the way.

I've posted a few pics of the white Jackson Cuda's i'll be using on another thread...I had them molded with off shore/lots of time in the sun
in mind. They bleach easy, and don't suffer sun fade. And are super visible on the water. I am loading up 5 or 6 of them to take with
me as well as a pair of white Coosa's. If you see some white JK boats on the road or water don't be shy!!!.... I don't really need all the boats I am taking so I would be happy to 'lighten the load' on the way down http://forums.floridasportsman.com/images/icons/icon7.png
if anyone has been waiting to get a Cuda.

I'm looking at heading out in the next week or two so any fishing info or any spots I might have overlooked along the way would be
appreciated, as well as any decent places to stay that I may not have found on the internet...remember its a kayak guides budget!!!!

I would be happy to let anyone that wants to try out the Jackson Cuda a demo as well. Feel free to PM me, I'll send you my number.

Thanks to everyone in the No Motor Zone that has been posting up awesome pics and reports over the past month or so...these have
helped to keep me motivated and focused on the journey ahead...I hope to be able to add a few salty pics of my own in the near future!!!

Replies

• PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
    I had them molded with off shore/lots of time in the sun
    Had them molded for offshore? what are the offshore options? looks like a nice inshore or nearshore kayak, front not raised at all so when headed back to shore in surf the front end may dig inn... rudder ? Whats the lenght, weight and width.... i see u can stand big plus... and the seat looks like a hit as well... I also like the front slots to protect rod tips, personally i wouldent mind adopting that feature to my kayaks i think it would be great place for my spear gaff tip.... if u make to Dania I know a few guys who wouldent mind giving it a proper offshore test.....:grin
    sfkglogo.pngadrenalinelogo.pngjimyjigslogo.jpgaccuratelogo.png
  • JaxyaksJaxyaks Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    Pottymouth wrote: »
    Had them molded for offshore? what are the offshore options? looks like a nice inshore or nearshore kayak, front not raised at all so when headed back to shore in surf the front end may dig inn... rudder ? Whats the lenght, weight and width.... i see u can stand big plus... and the seat looks like a hit as well... I also like the front slots to protect rod tips, personally i wouldent mind adopting that feature to my kayaks i think it would be great place for my spear gaff tip.... if u make to Dania I know a few guys who wouldent mind giving it a proper offshore test.....:grin

Maybe I used the wrong terms...I should have said inshore,nearshore,flats,not on the shore..

29 in wide 14ft 3in long 74 pounds. Rudder is an option..jury is still out if I will need them for where I am using them..if I do..I'll order a few.

Had em molded meaning custom color..I figured white was more visible, cooler in the sun, not as subject to sunfade they will spend a good bit of time outside in the sun.. Shoot me a pm..I'll see what I can to get thru your way.