Home Off Topic

Family

pointerDixie214pointerDixie214 Posts: 5,658 Admiral
Well, just dropped my parents and brother off at the airport.

What is it about family, they can drive you crazy when you're with them and then you miss them like hell 30 minutes after they leave?

Anywho, I hope everyone had as awesome a Christmas as we did. :beer
"Her beauty radiated like a beacon from a lighthouse!" - Buddy McCoy :hail

Replies

• hebegbhebegb Posts: 8,722 Officer
    It's like snow.... a great thing to visit but you don't want it 24/7
  • pointerDixie214pointerDixie214 Posts: 5,658 Admiral
    Well said. That's the disadvantage to living so far away... you don't get to see them often enough that they have to stay too long when you do get to see them.

And not seeing them for so long (8 months) made me realize how much my folks are aging... took them on a 1 mile hike and thought they were gonna stroke out. Maybe the West coast isn't for us for the long run after all.
  • StillinscrubsStillinscrubs Posts: 1,844 Officer
    Yeah. Lost me at miss them....
  • BibBib Posts: 2,357 Captain
    I know what you mean. Had my folks up and my dad *****ed non stop how cold it was. 40's & 50's outside with the heat set at 76! Gotta love em tho.
  • pointerDixie214pointerDixie214 Posts: 5,658 Admiral
    Bib wrote: »
    I know what you mean. Had my folks up and my dad *****ed non stop how cold it was. 40's & 50's outside with the heat set at 76! Gotta love em tho.

That same thing happened... was in the 50-60s outside most days and my Mom was wearing a heavy coat. Took 'em up to Flagstaff where it was 16 degrees and that shut 'em up. lol

Stillinscrubs- must suck to not have family to care about. Sorry man. :(
  • Bruce LBBruce LB Posts: 3,604 Captain
    I'm in Richmond Va. Visiting my sons fiancées parents. Two women just met planning a wedding.....wow. I'm ready to get back in Jax tomorrow for some drink and festivities.
  • StillinscrubsStillinscrubs Posts: 1,844 Officer
    Stillinscrubs- must suck to not have family to care about. Sorry man. :(

The ones I care about I am happy to be around and do miss them, few as they may be these days. The ones that annoy me I do not miss. I have never understood people who you are annoyed by their presence and miss them when they aren't around.....I could have been more clear.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,451 AG
    I have never understood people who you are annoyed by their presence and miss them when they aren't around.....I could have been more clear.

Ah, yes. That makes more sense.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.