Dania 12/29

Decided to go fishing yesterday, after a long time of not being able to go. Got to Dania about 5:30 am and met Android77 there, he introduced himself, helped me unload my yak, and off we went. On the way out Android caught a nice size Cero mack that weighed 8 lbs. We kept going to about 340' where we started jigging but had no success there. Huge rollers out there as Cranker stated in his post; but not bad as they were spaced far apart. Went back in to about 200' where it was bonita city, every drop was a bonita. I decided to try keeping a few of the smaller ones, which I gotta say made an amazing tuna salad! On the way back in I caught a small Cero, all in all it was great to be back out there fishing again.

Replies

• SaltysackSaltysack Posts: 463 Officer
    Way to go man, least there was some catching. Bonita are great fights, and completely underated as a fish. Now, tuna salad from them...that's the first I heard. You said it was alright tho huh? Did you bleed them out in the water? Good job again...
  • Offshore9393Offshore9393 Posts: 469 Officer
    you ate a bonehead and lived!!!!!! OMG:rotflmao
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,294 Moderator
    I've often said if i catch another big one, i'm going to try eating them. Bonito is used for soup stock and many seafood flavoring in Japanese cooking, so why not.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • Flat LinerFlat Liner Posts: 84 Deckhand
    You can make this salad withe the smaller bonitos. Bleed them as soon as you catch them, then filet them season w/ salt and pepper and brown them on a skillet. Put the meat in the fridge and let it get cold, once it is cold you flake the meat, add mayo, chopped celery, chopped onion and, a touch of dill relish and, a touch of mustard, mix it all up and serve with saltines. makes an awesome salad.