New Year's Day dinner?

I'm cooking collards, b-eye peas & corn bread...what would you add to this menu? :)

Replies

• rbricklerbrickle Posts: 239 Officer
    Roasted leg of lamb.
    The Forgotten Coast

PICT0143-1.jpg
  • BColleyBColley Posts: 419 Deckhand
    Smoked pork butt
    JBC

Chaos Tarpon Bay
    Ocean Master 31
  • Bite 1Bite 1 Posts: 488 Deckhand
    We just had that same feed wed. nite with some great speckled perch(Crappie).Pan fried cornbread of course and a lite corn meal dredge for the specks and I don't really care for collards but the people I invited must know how to do them right as I couldn't get enough.B-Peas with ham hock and a little onion and pepper. I'm still moving slow.... Must be the heart attack special to be so good. Bite 1
  • AbelmanAbelman Posts: 1,853 Captain
    Just to throw another suggestion out there, smoked chuck roast.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem" Ronald Reagan 1985
  • Mud RangerMud Ranger Posts: 354 Deckhand
    Great ideas! Knew you'd help :thumbsup

So far...small pork tenderloin (to be wrapped in bacon) small leg of lamb (rosemary, garlic, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper)

Now beef, roast oysters, or poultry???

Smoking some fresh caught mullet tomorrow.

Keep em' coming!

• Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,511 Moderator
    Venison roast
  • charlie tunacharlie tuna Posts: 730 Officer
    Hossmoss's "Hoppin John" for me --- bought a ham just to cut the bone out of it just to make this "stuff" ---- this is a meal i would have than a steak !! Just follow the directions............
  • T TopT Top Posts: 3,706 Captain
    Black eyeds, collards,garlic skin on mashed taters, corn bread and 2 boston butts. Going with 2 small ones, 4 lbs each, to cut down on cook time.