If Iran closed the Strait of Hormuz

13»

Replies

• tagtag Posts: 8,794 Admiral
    It's a complete joke that you call conservative filth's blood-lust filled folly in Iraq the "War on Terror", GMAFB.

Conservative's lack of any regards for the lives and limbs of America's youth is what brought us the Iraq debacle, a debacle that they would gladly and enthusiastically repeat in Iran. That is, as long as plenty of young Americans get killed and maimed, it's the conservative dream.

Apparently you don't get out much. The term "war on terror" was coined by the democratic darlings the liberal media.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,125 AG
    tag wrote: »
    Apparently you don't get out much. The term "war on terror" was coined by the democratic darlings the liberal media.

Who coined the term is is inconsequential, what's not is the fact that those kid's blood is on collective conservative hands, hands that would gladly sacrifice those American kids lives and limbs all over again for their folly in Iran.
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,781 AG

Link, or rhetoric.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
    dstockwell wrote: »
    Link, or rhetoric.
    Who coined the term is is inconsequential.

Perhaps a little Lava would help get the American kids blood off the collective conservative hands?
    The term "war on terror" was coined by the democratic darlings the liberal media.

Looks like you're right, coined by the liberal GWB.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/usfederalbudget/f/War_on_Terror_Facts.htm
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,328 AG
    It's a complete joke that you call conservative filth's blood-lust filled folly in Iraq the "War on Terror", GMAFB.

Conservative's lack of any regards for the lives and limbs of America's youth is what brought us the Iraq debacle, a debacle that they would gladly and enthusiastically repeat in Iran. That is, as long as plenty of young Americans get killed and maimed, it's the conservative dream.

Interesting that both Clintons and Kerry (along with several others) are now considered conservatives.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,820 Captain
    Would that be an act of war?

No, it just raises the price of speculative cude oil.......When Iran needs the price of oil to rise, they just make a few threats..............easy money.
    MACD wrote: »
    No, it just raises the price of speculative cude oil.......When Iran needs the price of oil to rise, they just make a few threats..............easy money.
    Ding ding ding post 69 we have a winner.
    Perhaps a little Lava would help get the American kids blood off the collective conservative hands?

You don't deserve any more of my time.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    Last 100 years or so.....

World War I - Woodrow Wilson - Democrat
    World War II - FDR - Democrat
    Korean War - Truman - Democrat
    Bay of Pigs - Kennedy - Democrat
    Vietnam War - LBJ - Democrat
    Grenada - Reagan - Republican
    Persian Gulf War - Bush - Republican
    Bosnia and Herzegovina - Clinton - Democrat
    Somolia - Clinton - Democrat
    War on Terror - Bush - Republican

Looks like the democrats win the warmongering contest.

one and the same
    however you forgot the invasion of panama in '89 and all the proxy wars waged by the cia, that would bring the totals up for both democrats and republicans
    it is our foreign policy that is wrong and totally against what this nation was found on, and both faces of the duopoly fully support it
    No political signature
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,254 AG
    frank wrote: »
    one and the same
    however you forgot the invasion of panama in '89 and all the proxy wars waged by the cia, that would bring the totals up for both democrats and republicans
    it is our foreign policy that is wrong and totally against what this nation was found on, and both faces of the duopoly fully support it

And the 9 year proxy war we fought against the Soviets in Afghanistan... you know, where we gave Osama bin Laden Stinger missiles.
    You don't deserve any more of my time.

If conservatives and their idol GWB would not have been so enthusiastic to invade Iraq, those kids would still be alive today, and have most of their limbs attached. I can understand why that fact would, as it should, bother those responsible.

But they're not bothered enough by it to keep them from trying to do the same to more American kids in Iran, right?
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,328 AG
    fins4me wrote: »
    Interesting that both Clintons and Kerry (along with several others) are now considered conservatives.

Bump,,, because it needs to be said again.. for Bimini's sake anyway.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • riverdiverriverdiver Posts: 2,014 Captain
    I thought they are dead set on "wiping Israel off the face of the map"? Why are they wanting to talk now?

Solely because setting up talks takes time, obscures issues, creates smoke screens, and gives their leadership a feeling of self importance...along with exposing how weak the UN is.

As long as Russia and China are in on the talks, odds are way against any progress being made. It's smart chess on their part to keep on their schedule while tying up diplomats in useless discussions.
  • riverdiverriverdiver Posts: 2,014 Captain
    If conservatives and their idol GWB would not have been so enthusiastic to invade Iraq, those kids would still be alive today, and have most of their limbs attached. I can understand why that fact would, as it should, bother those responsible.

But they're not bothered enough by it to keep them from trying to do the same to more American kids in Iran, right?

It's clearly a waste of time pointing out how many influential Democrats were behind it solidly until things went bad, and how many Democrats spent 8 years of Clinton's term looking at the same intelligence. It's also clearly a waste of time pointing out that there's a lot of information that was gleaned from Iraq that will likely never be officially released to the public.

It is particularly disgusting that you use those soldiers as a buffer to shield yourself while you set off on another of your petty, divisive rants. Don't worry, those soldiers won't hold it against you. They're used to being used as political pawns.

Happy New Year.
  • riverdiver wrote: »
    It's clearly a waste of time pointing out how many influential Democrats were behind it solidly until things went bad, and how many Democrats spent 8 years of Clinton's term looking at the same intelligence. It's also clearly a waste of time pointing out that there's a lot of information that was gleaned from Iraq that will likely never be officially released to the public.

It is particularly disgusting that you use those soldiers as a buffer to shield yourself while you set off on another of your petty, divisive rants. Don't worry, those soldiers won't hold it against you. They're used to being used as political pawns.

Happy New Year.

He and a few other here are disgusting
    riverdiver wrote: »

90% Pubs, 40% Dems, just the facts.

House

Pub 215 / 6
    Dem 82 / 126

Senate

Pub 48 / 1
    Dem 29 / 21

Total

Pub 263 / 7 for
    Dem 111 / 147 against
    90% Pubs, 40% Dems, just the facts.

House

Pub 215 / 6
    Dem 82 / 126

Senate

Pub 48 / 1
    Dem 29 / 21

Total

Pub 263 / 7 for
    Dem 111 / 147 against

Another fact, ignored the warmongers responsible for the folly in Iraq, and that they ironically still continue to channel Baghdad Bob right here to this day, is that there were plenty of us that said, right here and in government, that invading Iraq was a bad ideal. We were ignored and conservative hyperbole and blood-lust won over diplomacy and other avenues to an end.

That is a fact, so tell me in retrospect, who was right?
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG

you have alzhiemers? Do you remember Clinton and Gore beating the war drums in 1998?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/iraq/stories/president021898.htm
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    most folks don't want to see what their team does that messes with their take on them
    the iraq invasion was planned well before clinton took office and the clinton admin had a large roll in the process with the sanctions and systematically destroying iraq's surface to air defenses during the eight years it was in the white house
    and now it is on to iran under more false pretenses, another in a series of perpetual wars as our expansionist foreign policy continues
    No political signature
    Going to be hard to wage a war when your flat broke. All of this Iran thing is a diversion. We are NOT going to "Invade" Iran. There maybe a naval engagement, but that will be the extent of it. Iran will cause trouble now between the election and to keep the west spending more money that we do not have. Obama dropped the ball by not supporting the Iranian uprising two years ago.
    Bottom line is, were broke!!
    http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_debt
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,254 AG
    It's ok, spend all you want, we'll print more.

I expect Obama to pull a huge "wag the dog" close to elections. Clinton did it every time he got into trouble.
    mustang190 wrote: »
    Obama dropped the ball by not supporting the Iranian uprising two years ago.

If he would have it would cost major $$, good thing he did not - they need to handle their problems.
    If he would have it would cost major $$, good thing he did not - they need to handle their problems.

Really? You mean just saying "We support the students" would costs us money?

Really? You mean just saying "We support the students" would costs us money?
13»