Christmas Eve Breakfast.

rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
Hooknline brought me one of his salt cured smoked hams for Christmas. It is out of this world good!

Rhonda just pulled some biscuits out of the oven and MAN is this fittin' to eat.

This is without a doubt, the best ham I have ever eaten! Truth be known, this might be better than bacon......:p
IMAG0282.jpg
IMAG0283.jpg
From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!

Replies

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    About to head to the IHOP or Applebees if open.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • 001001 Posts: 4,292 Captain
    Put some cheese on it.
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
    001 wrote: »
    Put some cheese on it.

The next ones will have a little mayhaw jelly on them.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • 001001 Posts: 4,292 Captain
    Or even some fig preserves. I think I might have to have some myself.
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,286 Admiral
    Glad ya like it. Did the salt flavor equalize out further than the last one? I think that one aged about 6 months
    Ive got 3 more piggies goin in 2 weeks. Then i have to get started doing some more again.
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

1322773200_30_1_USD_3.50_default.png
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
    hooknline wrote: »
    Glad ya like it. Did the salt flavor equalize out further than the last one? I think that one aged about 6 months
    Ive got 3 more piggies goin in 2 weeks. Then i have to get started doing some more again.

I can't tell. I thought the last one was the best ham I'd eaten, too. You need to keep me supplied or teach me how!:thumbsup
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,286 Admiral
    Theyre easy to do just take time. That one was 6 weeks in the curing process. Hardest part is going to be finding fresh hams. But you do the same thing with a butt,
    Make it a ham or make butt bacon, loin would get you canadian bacon.
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

1322773200_30_1_USD_3.50_default.png
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,407 Captain
    a homegrown tomato would come in handy for you, right about now...
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    <<<<< salivating!

we had bacon, butter biscuits & cheesy eggs today.

tomorrow the MIL is bring her biscuits & gravy... she never makes enough!