Best deal ever.....FF GPS

CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
http://moodeals.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3714

I dont work for em, with em or know em, but have done weeks of research and this deal cant be beat by $40.00 anywhere.
Free shipping codes / coupons are available as well.

I am assured they are new, unopened and not refurbed in any way - comes w factory warranty...........

I just sent my last purchase back to humminbird and ordered these -
Letcha know when they get here next week.......

Replies

• Keith BKeith B Posts: 128 Officer
    Awesome thanks for posting!
  • bonitabobbonitabob Posts: 675 Officer
    I had one of those on an Ocean Kayak big game prowler. They are very nice and a good piece of equipment to have.
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    That's an awesome deal.....over $90 off retail! images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdzb4iINsYdjD86-Em5cBcB3w0B6BdrWbaV7vbkYBfGiskQHH6
  • yak_angleryak_angler Posts: 2,584 Captain
    nm - just saw the difference
    5607_aa5e_zps24435aae.gif
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    I was leaning VERY hard towards a 586 CiHD, but after speaking to Humminbird, the only differences were the pixelation and the screen size ( 1 inch horizontally ) so for 60 more I would have given up the battery, charger quick connect and cap as well as all the transducer mounting hardware....( About a hundred and twenty five or so if purchased seperately )

Not worth an inch IMHO....lol

Also the 597Cihd was looking SWEET !! but the 3d HD imagery required some serious transducer mounting mods to be yak compatible.....lol I really wanted that one, but would cry the next time the yak flipped ( and in the slop I launch in, its just a matter of time, before it does, again...lol )

This was the best deal I could find on the whole shebang.......
  • YaksquatchYaksquatch Posts: 499 Officer
    I realize 'you get what'cha pay for' but I lean towards spending less for electronics that will be used on the yak. If I owned a motorboat, it'd be a different story. But I personally wouldn't spend more than $200ish for a FF/GPS setup on my yak.

Make sure it's VERY SECURELY mounted!!! Cause it ain't 'if' ya flip, it's 'when'!

Good luck,
    Alex
  • Keith BKeith B Posts: 128 Officer
    Got it today from them.
  • oarknotoarknot Posts: 246 Deckhand
    I'm all about the HD on a fish finder, but I wish they came with an aerial so I could watch some of that football season we are not having...
    Which unit do you have Oarkot? I am considering selling the 385 on E bay and going w a bigger unit using the kayak kit that comes w the unit.....
    I have an older Humminbird 363. It's basically the same as the 385 'cept it's black and white and doesn't come with the card slot. I had a 787 that got swamped because, unbeknownst to me, an offshore storm was sending in monstrous swells. The water looked flat calm and I thought I was going to have a nice relaxing paddle, so I loaded up and got 50 yds out when an 8' wall of water suddenly appeared, swallowed me whole, and sent me home dejected, wet, and really P*&%$#D OFF! Water seems to have made its way in through the card slot, so beware I guess. IMO the $200 navionics maps are useless offshore because they only show random soundings out deep, and not the topo contours we would find useful. Color would be sweet with a big battery and the HD or even side-scan would be awesome! ... santa are you listening?... Needless to say the 385 rocks and I'll ask around to see if anyone is looking... have you got a price?
    Yes, after extensive, and exhaustive research, , 407.00 Moo Deals....That is for the full Kayak Kit w battery/ charger/ quick connect/ dust cover, connetctions and screen cover as well as transducer mounting hardware.....not bad, really.

Thanks for the tip on the navonics - I was considering their FnC chip.........Are you saying it is a waste?
    Don't they list wrecks? or am I mistaken?
    No, i wouldn't say they are a waste, they just don't contain what i would find useful for where i fish. They do contain lots of wrecks, piles, nav info, and other things but no deep offshore contours...
  • yak_angleryak_angler Posts: 2,584 Captain
    oarknot wrote: »
    No, i wouldn't say they are a waste, they just don't contain what i would find useful for where i fish. They do contain lots of wrecks, piles, nav info, and other things but no deep offshore contours...
    I added the Navionics Gold chip to my 385i and was very disappointed in the lack of wrecks. Perhaps the FnC chip is better, but I wouldn't spend the money on the Gold a 2nd time.
    5607_aa5e_zps24435aae.gif
    Thanks for the input !!! Much appreciated. Fishing primarily offshore in Broward/ PB - All I expect to see are reeflines and wrecks...
    If It cannot do that out to 400' or so....I would agree, kinda useless just as a cool looking overlay...
  • FrisbeeFrisbee Posts: 2,315 Officer
    gentlemen. Black friday Is coming and I'd like to buy a gps/fishfinder combo...you seen anything?
  • jumboshrimpjumboshrimp Posts: 820 Officer
    Im with frisbee, even just a handheld gps would be awesome.
    cabelas will have this for $280
    Is it a great deal
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/1200587.uts
  • PlightPlight Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Clicked on the first link but it doesn't work anymore, can you post it again?
    the first link?
    this is a very old thread.
  • PlightPlight Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    sorry i didn't notice the dates