Show us some pics

Replies

• HooganHoogan Posts: 522 Officer
    rysher wrote: »
    havent asked permission from the owner yet, so i wont post the finished wrap.

Rey,

Incredible work, please post.
  • johnDjohnD Posts: 6,388 Admiral
    sick ! Rey , is that a phenix ?
  • rysherrysher Posts: 356 Deckhand
    Hoogan wrote: »
    Rey,

Incredible work, please post.
    Hi Art, I wont post all of it so you'll still have that excitement when you come and pick it up.:)

johnD wrote: »
    sick ! Rey , is that a phenix ?
    yes it's a phenix, i am wrapping for Hoogan.
    2 of 6...big brother, phenix black diamond hybrid 928 on top and small brother the 927 bottom. :)
  • JohnnyTsuJohnnyTsu Posts: 133 Deckhand
    Awesome work Rey!!

I see the NERBS wizard in the background, hope Billy is making thought this storm okay.
  • johnDjohnD Posts: 6,388 Admiral
    Here's one that I started, didn't like, and then cut off this morning.

DSCN1189.jpg

Man, that cord looks **** ! What blank are you working on ?
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,259 Captain
    It's finished, just waiting on guides. It's a St.Croix 3C80HF, light bucktail rod for the jetty.

Standard nylon, no CP, needs another 3 coats.

IMG_0003.jpg
  • PermitchaserPermitchaser Posts: 871 Officer
    Sweet ,like the color selection too .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Been meaning to get a picture of this one up for a while, it's a 4C79HF with SVSG's. Fresh out of paint and stickers, had to use thread.

IMG_0209_zpscfc02bfa.jpg
    Bill,
    you got your CTS yet?

here's a couple guide wraps, will post the wraps when the owner gets to see them first.
    Ray,
    Outstanding work as usual !
    thanks Art.
    rysher wrote: »
    Bill,
    you got your CTS yet?

Actually I ended up getting a pair of monster mags, the 90 and the 100. Fishing has been too good to get any work done though.
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,714 Captain
    My 3rd build. Long ways to go, kinda ashamed to post considering the builds most of you do but the reward was great. I know this young man, 8th grader. nHas kind of a not so great life, alone a LOT of the time. Parents are very busy. Two uncles take him fishing, last year he said yeah they stand on the bow and have me pass them shrimp!! I told him well, have your uncle bring you over and YOU will be on the bow and I will pass you the shrimp or mullet or whatever. Also told him I was trying to learn to build rods, he asked me if he could "buy" one!! I said yes but of coarse had no intention of selling him one. I wrote on it To Wylee from Don, notice pic where he spotted the writing. Up to that point I was just "showing" him "a rod I built". His face was worth a thousand thank you's!! Thanks everyone for your help. Painted with Krylon fusion, claer coated with urethane spap finish. Tried some KRYLON Fusion clear on a junk rod, glad I did. It turned white and has been white 4 days later. Tried puting it on light, what did I do wrong?? Sorry, would only upload one image, i'll try to figure this out later!!!
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,714 Captain
    Can anyone help me? All pics of Wylee's rod were taken with an Iphone, e-mailed to my e-mail. moved to my desktop all the same Iphone, email and method. The first pic in previous post is the only one I can get to upload!! Anyone know why??
  • Wahoo69Wahoo69 Posts: 199 Deckhand
    Popped the cherry on the my new rod built by Ray (Red Sea Rods). Blank is the new fiber star composite 1087 and its simply awesome. Couple pics of the fish from tonight. We beat them up pretty good. Tarpon,Snook and bull reds were in the mix.
    snook.jpg
    denny.jpg
    red.jpgphoto.jpg
  • heavychevy15heavychevy15 Posts: 837 Officer
    My cousin built this particular rod. We just build out of the garage for personal use. This is one of my favorites he has done and one of the first he ever did. I am workin on a mostly black rod with some slight silver on it (ya im plain and boring). Ill post those later when I get them off my camera.
    mhxguide_zpscc636c91.jpg
    7AD7D688-2853-4338-806D-E544E9C6C231_zpsfj405fy6.jpg
    8EC6C9AC-4364-4205-AA79-10E4249794C5_zps4cxurf8f.jpg
  • smoothiesmoothie Posts: 117 Officer
    What a beaut!
  • RottenRotten Posts: 465 Deckhand
    Here is the first rod I ever wrapped. Hopfully I can get somewhere close to where you guys are, that is some really nice work there guys!!!
    Music is Life, learn to play and Live!!!! I also Love to Fish!!!
    Spending a month in Quebec this summer. This is my backup's backup. The top 3 sections of a sage 7 wt Xi3, roughly 6'6" -3pc. Rec guides, torzite top, tarred seiners cord handle over cork tape.
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,565 Captain
    Some of that fancy work can scare beginners off. Here's a basic 9wt fly rod with metallic wraps. NO color preserver necessary with metallic thread.
    saltybum wrote: »
    Some of that fancy work can scare beginners off
    i want to see
    Hey Ray, taking my Rysher rods for a trip to Pulley Ridge next month with Herbert aka Cudaman. More will be revealed. :wink
    Hoogan wrote: »
    Hey Ray, taking my Rysher rods for a trip to Pulley Ridge next month with Herbert aka Cudaman. More will be revealed. :wink
    have fun and tight lines Art!!!
  • groverguygroverguy Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    I'm somewhat new to rod building. I believe I have about 6 rods under my belt. I start a project and then it sits forever until it gathers dust and I pick it up again. I'll build the handle and wrap the guides but then it'll sit because I hate epoxy lol

Here are a few pics the ones I wrapped:
    Biscayne Rods 8' fiberglass MH

9' gator glass T90H

9' calstar grafighter GF900L
  • groverguygroverguy Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    9 ft 2pc mhx euro catfish 30-80lb 4-10oz Yea I know the rating is ridiculous. I would say it's more like 15-30 2-5oz

9ft 1 pc bass pro cobia rod. Completely stripped down to bare blank and rebuilt.

8ft 1 pc rainshadow rx7
    saltybum wrote: »
    Some of that fancy work can scare beginners off. Here's a basic 9wt fly rod with metallic wraps. NO color preserver necessary with metallic thread.

I have to ask Bob, wth are you talking about? Are you suggesting that experienced builders should refrain from sharing their work? Maybe just throw in a few gaps and crooked butt wraps to protect fragile egos?
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,565 Captain
    Absolutely not. I Love that fancy work.
    Just trying to encourage beginners to show their work as well.
    Just because it's not top tier doesn't mean they can't show their work too.
    Sorry if it sounded otherwise.

Fragile ego? I guess you have to have one first to let it bother you. Being one of Jehovah's Witnesses I'm very used to rejection and humility and many imperfections in myself.
    And I enjoy fishing, no matter how plain or fancy my tackle and weather I catch fish or not.

Have a nice day!
    It wasn't a jab Bob, just saying the forum needs all kinds.
    In progress. St. Croix 5M90MHF
    Still have some packing & tweeking to do.