Home Photography Corner

Palm Beach Classic Car Auction

Tim posted from a car show over the weekend. I didn't want to step on his thread so I started this one.

Jennifer treated me to date at the Palm Beach Classic Car Auction, last Saturday.

We have been doing her street painting shows for many, many weeks, most of the year actually. The street painting thing always slows down through the holidays so we have some time to do other stuff. Jennifer got the tickets to the auction, sprung them on me, and off we went!

One would think Palm Beach would sell a lot of cars but not so much...this time anyway. We watched about two dozen roll across the auction stage. Less than a third hit their reserve price, and were sold. Sign of the economic times I guess.

The auctioneer had rounded up tons of GMC pickups and panel vans. Also, I was amazed at the number of 50's and 60's cars for auction that had continental packages - you know the external spare tire..... Also, there were a lot of cars you just don't see. Note the pair of Kaisers in one photo - a coupe and a sedan.

It was a fun afternoon. Enjoy.

8cZO7l.jpg

xxCiHl.jpg

zCJR4l.jpg

5uim0l.jpg

rKh1Xl.jpg

PiW30l.jpg

XPjLTl.jpg

AESikl.jpg

A20pKl.jpg

eQrmBl.jpg

5Ariil.jpg

gbvo0l.jpg

jckeHl.jpg

Xs0kUl.jpg

Tn4g1l.jpg

ebRLfl.jpg

gCIBUl.jpg

UZZmal.jpg

CuQMtl.jpg

Replies

• GuidenetGuidenet Posts: 239 Officer
    Thank you, Craig. It's always nice to take that walk down memory lane in most of these cases. In some cases, my family had some of these as I was growing up, at least a couple.
    Nikon D800, D3S, D700, D300, Canon G1X, Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye, Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6, Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR, Nikon 28 f/1.8G AFS, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, Nikon 35-70 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR, Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 AFS VR, Nikon 35 f/2, Nikon 50 f/1.8 G, Nikon 60 f/2.8 G Micro, Nikon 85 f/1.4 AFS G, Nikon 105 f/2.5 AI, Sigma 150 f/2.8 APO Macro, Nikon 300 f/2.8 AFS VR, Nikon 500 f/4 -P, Interfit Stellar X complete six light studio