Skip to main content
Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Blue vs Red, this is non-political!

Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Senior MemberJensen Beach / Previously Pembroke PinesPosts: 1,056 Officer

Blue vs Red, this is non-political!

It was retired first responders day, me (Blue for Police) and Jorge (Red for Fire) and we were off at 9 to the beginning of the incoming tide with six dozen, low income shrimp.  We were heading to the South Fork, although the train bridge was down, so we dipped a few shrimp on a dock before the bridge without success.  Once it finally went up, we headed to my first spot and the first three casts landed a Snook on each one, using a 3/8 ounce Jig Head made by a fellow Stuart Rod and Reel Club member, Adam Argona of A&S Jigs.  You can see by the first picture, the Snook engulfed it and also frayed the 40 lb. leader.  Things were rather slow although Jorge and I never slow down and worked hard.  I finally got the bite I was looking for and landed a nice 30 inch Snook.  Shortly thereafter Jorge hooked Shamu that gave him a run for his money, around the boat, under the boat and all over until…….his 50 lb. leader frayed enough to break.  We were both devastated.   Jorge did redeem himself shortly thereafter with an 11 lb. Black Drum.  Great fish that joined us for dinner.  We both caught a Ladyfish, some Jacks, Snappers, Puffers and even a Blue Crab.  Had a great day with a best friend and fellow first responder.