Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

Lower Suwanee NWR hunting

RayIRayI Junior MemberPosts: 72 Deckhand
Any insight on hunting Lower Suwanne NWR? I just got permit yesterday. Seems like there should be a lot of hogs due to wet conditions. Turkey??

Replies

• Ol MuckyOl Mucky Senior Member TampaPosts: 5,621 Admiral
    Lots of hogs. Specially near the water/swamps
    we’ve ridden bikes and killed them 
    romped and stomped for them too

ok squirrel 

never deer hunted or turkey. 
    Id like to. 
    I like that unit
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Senior Member Posts: 1,073 Officer
    Before the Federal Government got that land... Georgia Pacific owned much of that land.... A foreign company bought it briefly before the government got it.....

I grew up hunting on a lease on the south end.  If you come in on 347 from SR 24 the first gate.... (gate 10 I believe)  We had a lease on several thousand acres west of that road....  If you look on the map there is a rectangle block of private land... My best friend's family (The Sowells) owned that. Our camp was  there... The Usher Family has that block now..

• RayIRayI Junior Member Posts: 72 Deckhand
    I went out to do some scouting for hogs today. It is a very accessible unit with the main lime-rock roads in good repair and high enough to remain dry. The secondary roads are good as well making for any easy walk for several miles if necessary. Varying terrain. Found some rooting areas in bogs closer to the river.
  • Crkr23Crkr23 MelrosePosts: 718 Officer
    Just looking at the map, it looks like a boat would be a cool way to hunt there.