Skip to main content
Home Off Topic

Left and Right

conchydongconchydong Senior MemberPosts: 13,960 AG
Should watch the Bill Maher and Kid Rock podcast video. Ferris if you consider it political than delete it and/or delete me. I think it is just two people with different beliefs finding common ground. We should all be this way.

https://youtu.be/k2sla4d5YN0

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Senior Member Under a BridgePosts: 19,741 AG
    That's what happens when you put two people of differing viewpoints in a room together face to face.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Senior Member Real close to the Fakahachee StrandPosts: 11,603 AG
    Maybe we should have a Proud Boys and Transgender Group hug.
    Couple cold ones at the Pub together....winning
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Moderator Posts: 25,080 Moderator
    edited October 2022 #5
    It's not about Maher and Kid Rock. It's about the responses it will generate. Pretty interesting video.

Of course we know it won't stay up cause 2 or 3 on here will turn it confrontational. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Senior Member FloridaPosts: 7,872 Admiral
    It's not about Maher and Kid Rock. It's about the responses it will generate. Pretty interesting video.

Of course we know it won't stay up cause 2 or 3 on here will turn it confrontational. 

Yea.....it's either that or ....something else.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    I AM NOT A RACIST
    edited November 2022 #10
    I'm still packing & cleaning!

Did someone eat TRT's shrooms?
  • conchydongconchydong Senior Member Posts: 13,960 AG
    edited November 2022 #11

We all did. TRT mails almost everybody in OT a pack of mushrooms every month. You didn’t get yours?

― Ernest Hemingway

• BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici Senior Member NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 8,384 Admiral
    2amigo said:
    wynnv said:
    2amigo said:
    Just want y’all to know….

So I take it the RV circle jerk went well for you?
    Waste of time. Tarp kept pontificating about anything and everything. Finally just walked out of there. 
    Pontificator 😏
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    Not my blame if you do something that matches what I don't like.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Moderator Posts: 25,080 Moderator
    Safe travels Tarp.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• 2amigo2amigo Senior Member Delray BeachPosts: 8,786 Admiral
    Safe travels Tarp.

This you Tarp? And your real name?

• Big BatteryBig Battery Senior Member Central NCPosts: 22,820 AG
    edited November 2022 #17

We all did. TRT mails almost everybody in OT a pack of mushrooms every month. You didn’t get yours?

Wait... what?? What did I do to TRT that dropped me from the mailing list?
  • gogittumgogittum Nature CoastPosts: 3,802 Captain
    Cleaning all done.  Packing up tomorrow and leaving Thursday if all goes according to plan.

The GF mumbled something about a package and her soup earlier, not quite sure what she said. 

I just noticed my monitor is breathing and appears a bit disturbed.

Curious.

Where ya going, Tarp ??
  • cadmancadman Senior Member Posts: 43,169 AG
    Have a nice trip Tarp. 

Former Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

cadman said:
    Have a nice trip Tarp. 
    He might have already had one before he left the house!

― Ernest Hemingway

• Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Senior Member up a creek without a paddle tampaPosts: 13,408 AG
    Note to self: send TRT my address.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • cadmancadman Senior Member Posts: 43,169 AG
    edited November 2022 #22
    It is better to pick up at his place. The selection is incredible and he discounts due to no shipping. He might even give you 30 minutes with Big Candy if you're lucky 

If you go on a Thursday and stay for dinner, that's possum and collards night. Mmmm delicious. 

Former Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Cleaning all done.  Packing up tomorrow and leaving Thursday if all goes according to plan.

The GF mumbled something about a package and her soup earlier, not quite sure what she said. 

Curious.

Everywhere you go make sure you share your belief in the vaxx.
    edited November 2022 #24
    gogittum said:

Curious.

Where ya going, Tarp ??
    An interesting and a bit unanswerable question....

The short answer is we're not sure.

The longer answer is I have a business event to attend in 2 weeks, so we'll spend the next few weeks along the Atlantic coast before going to the event in Memphis.  Then we intend to spend Thanksgiving in the Philadelphia area members of my family, then after that we will likely head west to Detroit (friends) than the Milwaukee and Green Bay areas to visit the GF's family, and intend to be back home around or just before Christmas.

What we don't have is a precise schedule or route -- intentionally kind of flying by the seat of our pants (and, frankly, the weather as winter approaches).  While we do have a list of places to visit/things to see along the way, we've found that type of travel to be more enjoyable than laying out a specific plan.

I expect we'll head to St. Augustine first -- the GF hasn't been there and I think she'll enjoy exploring during the week while I work.  Maybe Charleston next, but not really sure.... time will tell.
    Tarp, Be careful  driving the RV on ice especially if you’re not used to it being a Florida boy. And have a great time.

― Ernest Hemingway

edited November 2022 #26
    Thank you.  I've done a bit of driving on ice, but never with a 4wd while towing the RV.
    That's good that you have some experience in snow and ice. When I was young and dumb and went to Colorado the first time to snow ski, I rented a car in Denver to drive to Snowshoe and it was a blizzard going there. My butt was puckererd so much that to this day I only chit vermicelli size turds. ;) JK. 

― Ernest Hemingway

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Senior Member Real close to the Fakahachee StrandPosts: 11,603 AG
    edited November 2022 #28
    Pics of Wife...
    Free delivery is Not Standard
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    Thank you.  I've done a bit of driving on ice, but never with a 4wd while towing the RV.

There is no driving on ice, there is only inertia taking you places.. in a straight line at undeminished speed until acted upon by an outside force... like another car, tree, or ditch.

Your intended method of navigating is my favorite style. One trip with the middle daughter we used the "Drive-in, Diners and Dives" road map, trying to hit as many as we could, driving the routes required to get to them.. It was fun.

Be safe, park and stay parked if there is ice and enjoy the trip and take that "Get Vaxxed or Die" bumper sticker off of the back of your trailer. ;)
    Would chains be a good investment?
  • gogittumgogittum Nature CoastPosts: 3,802 Captain
    edited November 2022 #31
    If you're not experienced with chains and esp. on an RV, my feeling is that it'd be best to leave them at home.  Just putting them on big tires can be a real hassle....they're very heavy and very awkward.  When weather gets that bad, hole up and wait it out.

When I moved to Silver City in Nov., 2009, I pulled into the RV park in a snowstorm, pulling a 33' Sprinter pull trailer behind my pickup.  It was a seat of the pants thing, feeling that trailer starting to go and correcting for it....using throttle sometimes and trailer brakes sometimes...and sometimes both to pull it straight....sometimes steering opposite to get where I wanted to go.

I've got "lots" of experience with ice and snow, including 8 years in the mountains of north Idaho and a winter driving log trucks on the Olympic Peninsula.  Correcting for slide with a heavy rig is far different than a car or pick'm'up.  

You want a pucker factor, try bringing an 80,000# log truck down a long, steep grade on glare ice.  You "can't" tense up.....must have free and easy control and don't daydream.