Skip to main content
Home General Fishing

Do you share?

pstmacteepstmactee JacksonvillePosts: 29 Deckhand

I wanted to post this here because this pertains to both fresh and salt water.
Do you share patterns with strangers? If you are out on the water, and you are having a killer day...will you share? Not necessarily give them the fly but tell them what is working, maybe even how.

Replies

• 10kman10kman Senior Member Posts: 970 Officer
    Yes,when I'm fishing with shrimp I always give them half
    of one shrimp! Never will say"Go to Hell!"
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter Moderator New Port RicheyPosts: 5,582 Moderator
    That's what my fish clubs are for, sharing what is working, where and how
  • 10kman10kman Senior Member Posts: 970 Officer
    Jack,totally agree.Going to a new area quickest to learn
    that area is join a fishing club. 
  • Fisherman007Fisherman007 Tampa BayPosts: 219 Deckhand
    I wade fish with live pilchards and I see a lot of lure fisherman.  I often catch one right after the other and offer to share the pilchards with the lure fishermen as they don't seem to be catching as much.
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Senior Member Naples, FLPosts: 1,301 Officer
    I have in the past. Even invited other people to share the hot spot. 
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • BooBooBooBoo Vero Beach Fl and Ft. Lupton ColoradoPosts: 247 Deckhand
    edited October 2022 #7
    Always! Many times I’ve shared and many time I’ve been on the receiving end. I must say…. I like sharing more…. It generally means I’ve been successful and can help someone else be successful! The older I get, the more I enjoy seeing others being successful…… especially if I had any part of making it happen!  
  • MissedMissed O-townPosts: 679 Officer
    It depends on them.  Everyday decent folks, sure thing.  If they have a kid, I try to share more.
  • The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Senior Member S. FlaPosts: 1,718 Captain
    edited October 2022 #9

Before paddle tails came on the retail market i found a private source decades ago in the mid west for them. They were deadly in the ENP for snook since no fish had ever seen one before. Once i came upon a guide at a creek mouth on a very cold winter day and he told me they had been catching a bunch of snook there, but the action had completely stopped.  So he welcomed me to anchor and try my luck at “his” creek. (He and his client were using live shrimp). As soon as I began casting my secret paddle tail I was hooked up and started catching one snook after another;  i also landed a couple of trout, two small reds and a tarpon. The guide and his client were not catching anything at this point on their live shrimp. They tried to see what i was casting but i was too far away from them to get a good look at it. The guide finally asked me what the H*** I was using,  but i was reluctant to reveal the identity of my lure. Back then i would always cut off these secret paddle tails that came with a chrome jig head off from my rods before i returned to the ramp. I still have dozens of them, but I think they are now probably no better then what is available on the retail market.  
    Giimoozaabi
  • CaptjamesCaptjames Pompano BeachPosts: 232 Deckhand
    I don't get the no sharing.  All of us are spending lots of money on fuel, bait, tackle etc. to fish.  I get not giving people your honey holes.  But telling people what you caught and a general area of where you caught them on and what lures are working, why not? 
  • finbullyfinbully Senior Member Hixson, TNPosts: 895 Officer
    OP why are you spamming multiple threads with this?