Skip to main content
Home General Fishing

Sun protection gloves

babosulubabosulu RollaPosts: 1 Greenhorn

Any recommendations for sun protection half finger gloves that are durable? Thx

Replies

• lemaymiamilemaymiami Senior Member Posts: 4,799 Captain
    I'm a full time guide - and have been wearing gloves for every one of my 27 years as a guide down here in south Florida... That said, I always wore Mangrove gloves (very lightweight minimal gloves solely for sun protection..) and bought them as many as a dozen pairs at a time... In the past year they quit making them - and I'm literally looking at my last new pair (I get about three or four months out of a pair since I pole my skiff a fair amount...) and have no idea where I'll find a replacement.  Lots of different outfits make fishing gloves so you'll have a wide choice - let me know if you find some that are lightweight and comfortable enough that you don't even notice them... Among the outfits that offer gloves I'd get a look at the ones by Buff along with others... 

By the way I started wearing gloves after years of noticing old seamen and fishermen with hands that looked like they needed to see a skin doctor... Only the back of their hands of course.
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • poncedoradoponcedorado Member Orlando, FLPosts: 875 Officer
    I've worn the Buff gloves for a while. I wouldn't say the durability is impressive, but I get a couple years out of each pair which for me is maybe about 60-80 fishing days.
  • Gr8LakerGr8Laker Bev Hills / Pine RidgePosts: 84 Deckhand
    I've been using a pair of "Reel Legends" gloves all year. I fish 2-3 times a week and they're still hanging in there. Inexpensive, comfortable, and even act like A/C when wet. I won't be surprised if they last another year.